Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Some more evidance for evolution (try and desprove that)

Default Re: Some more evidance for evolution (try and desprove that)

Please don't encourage it.

chris_uk_83's Avatar Physicist

As a scientist is it beyond your reason, even if no Bible existed, that some power outside of what we think we know, and you have hinted at the possibility, is in control of what may just be to that power an extension of what is already there?
    No, there may well be another power out there that is in overall control of everything. Personally I like to think he set it all in motion and knew what would happen when he did, but that's a belief and can't actually ever be tested.

What you should avoid doing is plugging gaps with God. For example:
    "We think that the universe began with the big bang"
    "what caused the big bang?"
    "We don't know."
    "Ah, must be God"
    Because if you plug gaps in knowledge with God, then eventually the gaps are filled with knowledge and God slowly vanishes.

If I've helped you, rep me. I live for rep.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Jebediah Cletus View Post
    He always existed. Read above Pft. Matter is of no matter to Him. It can be created on a whim, just as easily as you and I pick our noses. Id recommend you read up on it your Bible son: http://bible.cc/genesis/1-1.htm
    Can Science not say the same of the tiny ball of matter that exploded into the Big Bang? It was always there no?

And Luftwaffel's can you not just answer the question? It pertains to the whole topic at hand on this thread. Evolution or Creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

And Luftwaffel's can you not just answer the question? It pertains to the whole topic at hand on this thread. Evolution or Creation.
    Why do I beleive in God? Because I've "felt God" and I don't beleive that we are the product of random happenings. Plus the numerous near misses and brushes with death have only convinced me more. "Had I taken off a few seconds ealier, I would have smashed that deer" "had I not caught my balance I would have fallen onto the road and been hit by that car."

...and when Hitler received his Luftwaffles, he said "where is mein kampflimentary coffee?"

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

And what happens to those that did take off a few seconds earlier? Or didn't catch their balance? Must be horrible people who have done nothing but sin right.

And those random happenings have been proven. Are those bacteria inherently resistant to antibiotics chosen by god?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

lets not start that devate here, i think its his right to believe in God for whatever reason and no amount of what we consider logic is going to change that view
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

And what happens to those that did take off a few seconds earlier? Or didn't catch their balance? Must be horrible people who have done nothing but sin right.

And those random happenings have been proven. Are those bacteria inherently resistant to antibiotics chosen by god?
    Again, what does my PESONAL reasons have to do with anything? I like how you've focused on one part of my reasoning and ignored the rest.

lets not start that devate here, i think its his right to believe in God for whatever reason and no amount of what we consider logic is going to change that view
    Agreed, arguement OVER.

...and when Hitler received his Luftwaffles, he said "where is mein kampflimentary coffee?"

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

I love how predictably Creationists, or for that matter semi-creationists, have to mix cosmology into a discussion that started about evolution by natural selection.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffels View Post
    Why do I beleive in God? Because I've "felt God"
    I'm sorry to say this, but thats a pretty weak argument.
    Just because you "feel something exists" doesn't prove it's existence.
    Does someone who "felt ghost" prove the existence of ghost?
    Does a child who "felt santa claus" prove the existence of santa claus?
    Does a child who "felt the boogeyman" prove the existence of boogeyman?
    I'm sure plenty of Romans "felt" the existence of Jupiter.
    Does that mean Jupiter existed?
    now what on God's Green Earth is so "natural" about a poisonous duck-beaver? It sure is a cute lil thing I'll grant you that! But whether it's Natural or not - THAT can be debatable. I sure wont be touchin it if I see one. Where do they live? Australia? New Zealand?
    So basis of your argument is "how I feel".
    Way to go genius
    You can't be real right?
    How can a overly stereo-typical Christian fanatic with a southern accent with incredibly suspicious and stupid looking avatar just happens to post on this forum?
    He always existed.
    How?
    What do you mean "he always existed?"
    What the difference of saying
    "matter always existed and big bang happened due to the quantum tunneling effect". and "God always existed and he caused the big bang?"
    Last edited by Juggernaut; June 20, 2007 at 02:41 PM.

I'm sorry to say this, but thats a pretty weak argument.
    Just because you "feel something exists" doesn't prove it's existence.
    Does someone who "felt ghost" prove the existence of ghost?
    Does a child who "felt santa claus" prove the existence of santa claus?
    Does a child who "felt the boogeyman" prove the existence of boogeyman?
    I'm sure plenty of Romans "felt" the existence of Jupiter.
    Does that mean Jupiter existed?
    Sir, are you blind?

i guess my 'lets not have that debate here' fell on deaf ears
    Adopted by Ferrets54

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Curtana,

My belief is one of complete faith and the experience that followed my conversion proof enough of that. However the same argument could be put to where exactly did gravity come from and why it is so different from planet to planet or where did time come from and what exactly is it?

why it is so different from planet to planet
    when you say different from planet to planet do you mean in the way that a planet of greater mass exerts a greater gravitational effect? or did you just think it was random
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    My belief is one of complete faith
    First mistake, you should never have complete faith in anything.
    Because you can never be fully right, only less wrong.

But don't let me stop this useless banter, continue.

Luft, you were going to say something....?
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

Ferrets54,

Please accept that it is not my idea rather something written in the Bible that I have through conversion come to believe. Now you have to accept if my belief is true then what we have in existence today makes no difference to either of us. It comes down to believing God or believing man.

Again in my case God authorises that blindness be upon all unbelievers and deception is just one of the tools used. Now what could be more deceptive than to rely on billions of years when simply it all was made not that long ago.

I immediately think of the serpent saying to Eve, " Surely you shall not die..." Something akin to " Surely he never made it all in six days..." Yet we do die because of Eve's disbelief so where does that leave us regarding my own words on creation?

Gary88,

I mean that gravity is different to each piece out there and surely discerns what happens where but where exactly did gravity come from and moreso what is it? Was it pre big bang and if that didn't happen what did it pre exist for surely gravity comes before creation however that may be? Or is it a consequence of creation?

Cuchulainn,

I never implied that I was right in everything, perhaps even anything, but that is nothing to do with faith since having it is a Godly given gift that sees God directing the thoughts of one such as me. Now on that I have a wealth of evidence that is perhaps not applicable for this thread and on which I have shared much in other threads.

Shigawire,

Without knowledge of how the worlds were made and when how can we accept evolution that relies so heavily on myriads of time?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Ferrets54,

Please accept that it is not my idea rather something written in the Bible that I have through conversion come to believe. Now you have to accept if my belief is true then what we have in existence today makes no difference to either of us. It comes down to believing God or believing man.

Again in my case God authorises that blindness be upon all unbelievers and deception is just one of the tools used. Now what could be more deceptive than to rely on billions of years when simply it all was made not that long ago.

I immediately think of the serpent saying to Eve, " Surely you shall not die..." Something akin to " Surely he never made it all in six days..." Yet we do die because of Eve's disbelief so where does that leave us regarding my own words on creation?
    I do not have to accept your belief is true, I believe in man. You are likely a fake account too.

Rev. Jebediah Cletus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but thats a pretty weak argument. Just because you "feel something exists" doesn't prove it's existence. Does someone who "felt ghost" prove the existence of ghost? Does a child who "felt santa claus" prove the existence of santa claus? Does a child who "felt the boogeyman" prove the existence of boogeyman? I'm sure plenty of Romans "felt" the existence of Jupiter.Does that mean Jupiter existed?So basis of your argument is "how I feel"Way to go genius You can't be real right?How can a overly stereo-typical Christian fanatic with a southern accent with incredibly suspicious and stupid looking avatar just happens to post on this forum?How?What do you mean "he always existed?"What the difference of saying "matter always existed and big bang happened due to the quantum tunneling effect". and "God always existed and he caused the big bang?"
    What a bunch of hollabaloo! Apparently Im a "overly stereo-typercal Christian FANATIC with a southern accent." Whats wrong with southern accent? And then you say I am increderly suspicious and stupid looking. Thanks a lot for that mister! But as the good Christian I am, I forgive you.To address your things of interest: http://bible.cc/genesis/1-1.htm Good enough for ya Ok? Or you not content? Fine then. I mean he always existed. Like ee-tur-nuh-ty? (eternity)The difference between God having always existed making matter and: matter always existed plus big bang making the quanter theory is that contrary to God, quantertheory makes no sense! One of your own scientists himself say so: "If you think you understand quanter theory you dont understand quanter theory" said Richard Fineman
    Last edited by Rev. Jebediah Cletus; June 20, 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. -James (ch. IV, v. 7)