Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think problems with religion will ever be solved?

Who's Avatar Biarchus

Default Do you think problems with religion will ever be solved?

Problems such as:
    the fighting that is caused by it
    the differences between all of them (will there ever be a "right" religion)
    differences between religious explanations and scientific ones
    etc, etc. any other ones you guys can think of.

Default Re: Do you think problems with religion will ever be solved?

Yes, when atheist take over. -Leon

yes when humanity is extinct.

Miles

No, not unless people turn into automated machines, there will always be different opinions.

Anyways, what's wrong with that? To each his own, I always say.

I think the real question we should worry about is...Will the problems of people's intolerance for other views ever be solved? Will people ever stop trying to impose their opinions on everyone else?

Everyone has unique life-experiences which might make them think the way they think, or do what they do.

I think different religions are fine. Most come down to the simple fact that we should help and love each other. Period.

Besides, variety is the essence of life. If we were all to follow the same religion, where does it end? Should we all dress the same, and eat the same, as well? The list could go on and on, but variety is what makes us human. At least, that's my humble opinion. You have the right to disagree, it's just how people deal with their disagreements that needs to be looked at.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

When the true messiah comes then we will stop fighting.

Indefinitely Banned

The problems will cease when all accept the ONE and ONLY true faith. Some have been misguided with stories of Islam and Pagan gods, but they will eventually see the light of the Lord, and come to accept Jesus. Even the unfortunate atheists amongst us will see the error of their ways. And as my friend Mr. Naptown says, the return of the Messiah will indeed solve any remaining problems anyway.

Even if god does exist what makes you believe that he is your god and not the god of some other religion?

Religion does not create problems, it is only man that creates problems.

Salaam bros,
    Adnan

Tecumseh's Avatar Watching, Waiting

The problems of the world will go away when the people who insist that a single, simple cause is responsible for all of the ills of humanity.

If one religion is dominant or religion fails to exist at all, there will probably be less problems. Otherwise, as long as multiple significant religions exist, so will conflicts between them.

I think there will always be differing major world religions until one of the following happens; an extremely significant scientific discovery confidently explains the universe, one super-religion takes over the world, or a cataclysmic event destroys enough humans to shatter any widely accepted religion(new ones will probably form over time). Each of these are highly unlikely to happen any time soon.
    Last edited by Ullerius Tiberius; June 18, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Somebody who only reads newspapers and at best books of contemporary authors looks to me like an extremely near-sighted person who scorns eyeglasses. He is completely dependent on the prejudices and fashions of his times, since he never gets to see or hear anything else. And what a person thinks on his own without being stimulated by the thoughts and experiences of other people is even in the best case rather paltry and monotonous. There are only a few enlightened people with a lucid mind and style and with good taste within a century. What has been preserved of their work belongs among the most precious possessions of mankind. We owe it to a few writers of antiquity (Plato, Aristotle, etc.) that the people in the Middle Ages could slowly extricate themselves from the superstitions and ignorance that had darkened life for more than half a millennium. Nothing is more needed to overcome the modernist's snobbishness. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

ya, what ullerius tiberius said
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    The problems will cease when all accept the ONE and ONLY true faith. Some have been misguided with stories of Islam and Pagan gods, but they will eventually see the light of the Lord, and come to accept Jesus. Even the unfortunate atheists amongst us will see the error of their ways. And as my friend Mr. Naptown says, the return of the Messiah will indeed solve any remaining problems anyway.
    Your post illustrates my point exactly. I was born and raised a Roman Catholic, so I've heard it all.

How are you so certain that your religion is the "true" faith? It's your opinion. That's all. Period. You could scream at me all day, but, quite frankly, only the dead know the truth.

I think, if God is as smart as we've all learned, He doesn't care about what is the "right way" to worship Him.

You worship Him through your actions. Help people, love people, and be kind. That is what He wants to see.

yes, summing it down, in the Christian context he wants to see people helping, loving, and being kind others but all hes been seeing is war, hate, and deceit.

it doesnt matter there will always be different religons or sects of religon, even if we all were the same religon there would be questions about the religon like in 300's 400's there was chirstians and then aryan chirstians no matter what there will be religous wars
    its the show the networks dont want u to see

Conflict in this world will stop when all humans have the same aritifical mind which means everybody will think in the same way.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Thats a rather odd way to archive peace in this world. Anyway what makes you think it will stop the conflict? Have you always been sure of what to do or if you've done the right thing? No of course not. One big giant brain would just substitute a mess of external conflicts with internal ones. Besides greater intellect leads to greater unhappiness and im already miserable enough as it is.

either we think the same or all of us die are the two ways

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv View Post
    Your post illustrates my point exactly. I was born and raised a Roman Catholic, so I've heard it all.

How are you so certain that your religion is the "true" faith? It's your opinion. That's all. Period. You could scream at me all day, but, quite frankly, only the dead know the truth.

I think, if God is as smart as we've all learned, He doesn't care about what is the "right way" to worship Him.

You worship Him through your actions. Help people, love people, and be kind. That is what He wants to see.
    OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY. DO YOU NOT GET IT AT ALL????????????

IT'S REALLY REALLY REALLY SIMPLE OKAY?

I KNOW THAT GOD EXISTS BECAUSE OF FAITH. FAITH IS THE STRONGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, AND IT IS THE ONLY INDICATION OF WHAT REALITY ACTUALLY IS: WHAT OUR FAITH TELLS US. MY FAITH HAS BEEN INSTILLED IN ME BY MY CREATOR, GOD, AND I DON'T INTEND TO HAVE IT ATTACKED LIKE THIS.

O-****ING-KAY?

Then why hasnt he seen fit to instill the same faith in the rest of us? Oh and by the way you havent answered the question, what makes you think that YOUR religion is the right one?

Problems will end when humanity learns acceptance. That is why conflicts exist. Soemthing is different, so they think of it as evil and must be destroyed. Like people saying that other monotheistic religions are wrong. It's the same God, ok? So stop bashing other religions, cause I agree with Bootsiuv: All God wants us to do is to love one another, so stop hating people, and give peace a chance.

And All You Need Is Love

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast