Thread: Well here we go Bloomberg leaves GOP...

Default Well here we go Bloomberg leaves GOP...

Which means only one thing, he is running for President since he has to run as an independent. 2008 election is going to be insane, Bloomberg has the ability to be a sane Ross Perot and has even more money then Ross did. Even if a Jewish New Yorker has zero chance of actually winning having him simply run will imo be a deciding factor in who actually wins. Given his stances on issues he is going to be someone who siphons votes from center/left unlike Perot who did from center/right and actually caused Bush Sr to lose re-election.

Default Re: Well here we go Bloomberg leaves GOP...

Yes, but so long as he is an independant candidate taking votes from the Republicans rather than somebody like... whasshisface.... argh.... you know who I mean... taking votes from the Democrats, I don't care. The world is angry for a Democratic president.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Yes, but so long as he is an independant candidate taking votes from the Republicans rather than somebody like... whasshisface.... argh.... you know who I mean... taking votes from the Democrats, I don't care. The world is angry for a Democratic president.
    Well see that is the thing, whoever it is who becomes President is running for office in the US so forgive me but the 'world' can kiss off Id vote for Bloomberg, it would be a toss up for me atm between Thompson and Bloomberg. He will however most likely pull votes from Democrats rather then Republicans simply because he is socially very liberal, more so then Rudy.

Bloomberg has the ability to be a sane Ross Perot and has even more money then Ross did.
    I'll put money on him not being that popular. Ross Perot was both insane and popular before he was a president. Who cares about Bloomberg? Or cared about him before his mayoral tenure?

Bloomberg is just going to be a Ralph Nader to the Republicans. I dont see him amounting to anything else.

Who cares about him outside of New York?

edit: The only thing he has going for him is his ridiculous amount of money. I'm sure that may get him at least enough coverage to put a dent in, but win? No.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I'll put money on him not being that popular. Ross Perot was both insane and popular before he was a president. Who cares about Bloomberg? Or cared about him before his mayoral tenure?

Bloomberg is just going to be a Ralph Nader to the Republicans. I dont see him amounting to anything else.

Who cares about him outside of New York?
    He has a good track record in NY and he has name recognition and he has the money to get his name out there even more to people who dont know him.

edit: The only thing he has going for him is his ridiculous amount of money. I'm sure that may get him at least enough coverage to put a dent in, but win? No.
    Yeah no doubt but he does imo have the ability to be someone who upsets the balance of the race which is a good thing.

I actually would love to see a 3rd party candidate win.

I think if he finds a good running mate that he could possibly win. IDK if Colin Powell would do the trick but someone who is known nationally is needed.

My reaction to this piece of news is best described in the following three words: oh hell no.
    I mean, it's great we have 3 New Yorkers running, but why do two of them have to be Hillary and Bloomberg?

I mean, it's great we have 3 New Yorkers running, but why do two of them have to be Hillary and Bloomberg?
    I could add Guiliani to that statement as well. All 3 leave much to be desired.

Also Hillary is not a New Yorker.

Right, apparently she's from Chicago.
    Whatever, still a New York senator (god knows how).
    Bloomberg isn't really a New Yorker either, he's from Boston.
    Giuliani (who I won't condemn) is Brooklyn born and raised though.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

As long as he doesn't take votes from the Republicans, I don't care. Never liked him much. If he takes away votes from democrats, good.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

I'm sure the GOP would love nothing more than to see Bloomberg run as a
    "third party" candidate. Hillary and Obama...not so much.

Feliks's Avatar Ω
    Deep Space Nine, Habitat Ring Two, Section 4

Al Gore, deliver us from evil.

Former Science Reporter for the Helios
    Under the benevolent patronage of
    Annaeus.

Ralph Nader! That's the bastard's name!

If Hillary and Giuliani win primary, the Republicans will win presidency. This will only contribute to it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a deliberate plan by Giuliani and Bloomberg.
    Last edited by Siblesz; June 20, 2007 at 06:04 AM.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Bloomberg is a Republican in many ways. However, he is not a neo-Republican meaning he is not extreme-patriotic, likes the environment, and believes in finding new solutions to new problems instead of sitting on his ass.

If Bloomberg ran I would definitely support him. Unlike Guiliani, Bloomerg has not supported police brutality, limited freedom of speech, and taken credit for what firemen and Policemen do everyday! More importantly, Bloomberg has great knowledge of economics which alone makes him better then Guiliani.

I'm not sure what impact on a general election an independent Bloomberg would have. With his immense wealth, he could even win, conceivable. I do know that I can't stand Bloomberg, as he is one of the most antigun politicians in America.

Baseball is the highest cultural achievement of human civilization.

He will be like the new Ross Perot.