Thread: I'll give her props for this...

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default I'll give her props for this...

Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Default Re: I'll give her props for this...

Marginally funny, but more than I'd give her credit for. Bill still stole the show.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Feliks's Avatar Ω
    Deep Space Nine, Habitat Ring Two, Section 4

You know, did any one else find it weird that she and Bill were talking? I know they're husband and wife, but I guess I just forgot that meant they knew each other.

Former Science Reporter for the Helios
    Under the benevolent patronage of
    Annaeus.

I hope she gets murdered before anyone is dumb enough to vote for her corrupt ass.

No joke, she needs to be killed before she ruins America!
    because all the previous leaders have been a sensible, thoughtful bunch with some good ideas whilst being tolerant of thr opinions of others
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

^^^^ i hope ur not considering hillary the super tolerant type.

EDIT: but if she wants to win, bill will definately have to be running the show, as he was there. and besides, she's already been president, she shared the role with bill.
    Last edited by Hunter Makoy; June 19, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Quote Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
    You know, did any one else find it weird that she and Bill were talking? I know they're husband and wife, but I guess I just forgot that meant they knew each other.

Not in the slightest. Although she is not the most personable lady around, and we do know some her marriage's dirty laundry, they have been married for decades. The main reason that people see their marriage as a sham is because:

A. She's a strong willed woman

B. Bill's Womanizing

As if this was the only married couple to deal with infidelity, ever. I've seen statistics as high as 97 percent of men will cheat on a signifigant other in their lifetime, but the majority of those are not Bill Clinton, so I guess it's not as bad.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Feliks's Avatar Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosaur View Post
    Not in the slightest. Although she is not the most personable lady around, and we do know some her marriage's dirty laundry, they have been married for decades. The main reason that people see their marriage as a sham is because:

A. She's a strong willed woman

B. Bill's Womanizing

As if this was the only married couple to deal with infidelity, ever. I've seen statistics as high as 97 percent of men will cheat on a signifigant other in their lifetime, but the majority of those are not Bill Clinton, so I guess it's not as bad.
    It's not the affair which made me think that, it's just that they seem completely different. Bill is highly empathetic and charismatic, Hilary.... is not.

Annaeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtha View Post
    I hope she gets murdered before anyone is dumb enough to vote for her corrupt ass.

No joke, she needs to be killed before she ruins America!
    America has the world's highest rate of drug usage, the world's highest divorce rate, the world's second greatest obesity problem, a vanishing middle class, and a shallow culture obsessed with superficial celebrities. What exactly is left to ruin?

Baseball is the highest cultural achievement of human civilization.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

hehe...before she ruins this country....this nation has been a shallow parody of itself for some time now...there is nothing that could happen to make this cruel joke of freedom worse than it has become..i only hope that come the time our forefathers know that at least a few of us recall what it means to be American..not this sick plague that festers on capital hill...

Feliks's Avatar Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Daovonnaex View Post
    the world's second greatest obesity problem,
    Second Greatest....

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Annaeus.

yeah apparently Australia is fatter than us now

Baseball is the highest cultural achievement of human civilization.

no way AMERICA IS NO 1 SON WE WONT BE BEAT but seriously

we could out fat the austrailians give me a few months.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

dare I say she came across as half human in that spoof...
    Last edited by mrmouth; June 19, 2007 at 11:25 PM.

lol...yeah, its not THAT funny but still a great campaign commercial.

the cameo by johnny sack was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daovonnaex View Post
    America has the world's highest rate of drug usage, the world's highest divorce rate, the world's second greatest obesity problem, a vanishing middle class, and a shallow culture obsessed with superficial celebrities. What exactly is left to ruin?
    the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

That was bad and Hillary should feel bad.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

I love Hillary!!!

She's gonna save the world!!!!

Eehehhehehehhe!

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I still have a massive loss of confidence in the intelligence of my state for electing this woman to the senate.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

My biggest concern is that even if she were to be elected, but the Rep's steal at least one area of the Legislative branch, then her vast plans for healthcare will do this:

"Hey, this is pretty easy....wait, what's happening?"
    "We just lost all our engines."
    "Oh crap...."
    KABOOOOM!!!!!

Then again, this happens all the time, but if she fails to accomplish anything with a Dem majority then I'd call her pretty much a failure....even ol' Bushie was able to wrestle control of Congress once in a while. And seeing how badly her last plan for healthcare failed....yikes.

I have yet to truly read up on some of the "revised" stuff, but I'd say the main issues that the Dems needs to focus on are:
    1.)Energy
    2.)Tax system
    3.)Moving some military spending into edumacation

For the tax thing, they should try and streamline it a tad bit--compliance to the US code is rediculous. However, they should not touch the freakin' economy, AT ALL. If we experience another freakish 90s phase that Billy was lucky to have come to power in, then by all means drastically cut back on the deficit. However, don't plan on slashing the deficit like crazy thinking you have a "mandate." The gov't shouldn't be trying to dictate the economy like that anyways--that's the Fed's job.

Anyhoo, she could work, but I think the best choice is still kinda ambiguous.
    "...most cases of death were mild to moderate..."

I still have a massive loss of confidence in the intelligence of my state for electing this woman to the senate.
    Can you explain why? Or are you one of the myriad which can only explain why they dislike Hillary because of the 'bad feeling' towards her?

I've never heard anything credible as to why anyone dislikes this most capable of women. The same with Nancy Pelosi! Why is it that women in American politics get bad labels. From Anne Coulter to Barbara Boxer, women all over the American political spectrum get a bad rap.

(though, i'm not denying that Anne Coulter is a loonatic)

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

^^Maybe it's because sometimes whenever a woman gets to a certain office, one not being held before by that sex, it seems to me they get a bit smug. Remember the whole "glass ceiling has been broken" bit when Pelosi got into office? I was pretty much like "who cares, as long as she does the job right." I really couldn't care less who was running the country as long as they were competent and fairly uncorrupted.
    "...most cases of death were mild to moderate..."