Hello Dear SPQR Fans,

How does your new games go? There was a similar post I enjoyed a lot but since v.6.4 is a little bit different I thought we can share our games - I love to read about other people's progress.

My game is progressing a bit slowly but I definitely enjoy the new and improved game experience. Well done LT and many thanks. Below is some info & a screenshot from my game.

In the beginning, I gave up Messana by strategy and moved all forces camped here to south Italy. I removed any possible force from every Italian city, which made up a new lightweight legion. Thus I had 1 good, 1 normal, plus 1 lightweight legion in the South to oppose Carthagians.

With these 3 armies I managed to completely destroy Carthagian expeditionary force in South Italy and capture their only city in a few turns (it was bloody). Meanwhile I managed to hold Gauls w/o giving up any cities in the north, but economy was bad, I had -5000 denarii at this point.

PS: This is my 2nd v.6.4 game and in my first I was able to destroy Carthagians in the south. And finally after many turns I managed to re-invade initial Roman cities in the north but in this game I was out of human resources in the north. With this experience in my 2nd game I did not give battle to Gauls without having a full army (20 unit). I think this helped a lot. Again in my second game, this time Gauls were out of human resources (after losing 40.000) and this helped a lot. I felt sort of like Caeasar

As soon as Carthagians are destroyed I moved all armed forces to North, after this it was easy to hold Gauls at bay & build up economy. After a while I captured their 4 cities at the north.

After several battles with Gauls in the north they are now severely beaten and don't even attack me lately.

Now I finally built Governer's Palace & Provincial Barracks in several cities in Italy & levied 4 new & full legions with Principes & Triarii. (before I was using hastati/velitees/slingers/equites legions - it is possible to win with these but needs micro management in the battle and casualties is too high). And if the enemy has a full army (4000+ man I may even lose).

Now year is 204 BC and nearly in 10 years I have a secure position. My killsheet reads:

///////////////////////////
Total Enemy Killed: 57433
(Top two: Gauls 42668 & Carthagians 11004)
Romans Killed: 12367
Kill Ratio: 4.64 Enemy per Roman
///////////////////////////

Now I built my first legions, 4 at once:

1 newly built legion is sieging Carali.
3 other newly built legions camped in the north, securing north, west & east (see screenshot @
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01577957ywTVhS
). Now I think North is secured...
Just wondering how many legions (and aux legions if you use any) do you camp in the north before going after Sardinia/Sicily/Carthage?

After Carali is conquered, as soon as possible I'll levy enough number of Town Watch units to garrison here. Then the conquering legion will camp near Reghion and wait for 3 other legions to be levied. Then all these four will invade Sicily at once, 3 legions sieging 3 Greek cities on the same turn, and 4th legion will destroy the Greek field army in Sicily.

I plan not to give Greeks any chance to levy new troops in Sicily. Even if they send help from mainland Greece my 4th legion will destroy it without it reaches any cities.

After securing Sicily I'll start invasion of Carthago & the city south of it with Sicily conquering legions. (oh don't forget Palma too, it's tiny but strategically important. It should be ready for Spanish invasion - I mean many many turns later after North Africa is completely invaded).

My long term plan is to give a break at this position and improve the economy and maybe get an Imperial Palace.

I'd like to have your comments about mine and on your own games. Thank you.

AND I LOVE THIS GAME, THANKS AGAIN LT!