Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ex-Marine Kills Bear With Log!

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Re: Ex-Marine Kills Bear With Log!

But if nature created us they way we are -to take advantage of it -who are we to resist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosaur View Post
    Humans directly caused the extinction of the Mammoth, and that's in North America, and well before any religion known today.
    Not exactly true, research shows they were going to die anyways.

DNA lifted from wooly mammoth bones, tusks and teeth now reveals the extinction of those giants was not "a sudden event at the end of the last ice age, but a piecemeal process over tens of thousands of years involving progressive loss of genetic diversity," said University of London evolutionary biologist Ian Barnes.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...woollymammoths
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Beowulf47's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosaur View Post
    Point out to me where I said that bears exist only to kill us. They are omnivores true enough, but bears seem to prefer meat to berries, and seeing as how they're huge, clawed, fang bearing beasts with massive muscles I'd say they lean towards carnivore more than herbivore. The fact that people have an innate fear of bears (and other large carnivores) points to our ancestors having been their snacks at one point.

Bears don't exist to kill humans, they exist to kill everything!!
    well, actually, the majority of bears' diet is plant mass (I think about 80%, but I could be wrong). As I said they don't exist to kill they exist to survive. they only kill in order to survive. I don't say that with any hint of a "kumbaya", as bears will eat you, and probably don't feel too guilty about it. But as someone who has some experience with bears, you are better off with wearing bells and whistles rather then packing heat. Or a log.

Anyway they are not really natural predators of people, generally the energy gained from eating meat does not, as a rule, exceed that gained from eating plant matter. The reason for this is, of course that it takes a lot of energy, to hunt, while forging for berries is easy. A notable exception to this is salmon, the main protein source for north american bears.

Unless they are starving, or you bug the cubs, bears will go out of their way to avoid you.
    It is better to take bloody action then to weep -the Poet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234