Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

Indefinitely Banned

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

There's less than a month remaining now; the seventh and, presumably, final Harry Potter book will be released on July 21st. So, I figured it would be in order to have a thread for the book. So, who intends to get the new book next month, and what are your expectations?

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread

Well, Harry and the gang will get into fantastical, wholly unbelievable adventures until Harry confronts Voldemort all alone and struggles until the power of his parents' love gives him strength and then a griffin/harpy/sphinx/dragon will fly in and save him at the last moment. Then Dumbledore will make sense of everything for Harry and tie everything up in a neat litle package.

Just like every other harry potter book. Waste of time.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    Well, Harry and the gang will get into fantastical, wholly unbelievable adventures until Harry confronts Voldemort all alone and struggles until the power of his parents' love gives him strength and then a griffin/harpy/sphinx/dragon will fly in and save him at the last moment. Then Dumbledore will make sense of everything for Harry and tie everything up in a neat litle package.

LoL

Excellent... just one thing... Dumbledore's dead

W

And it will be Malfoy's treachery that really does for Voldemort, I think.

And Neville will turn out to be vastly more important than he has hitherto seemed to be.

I think you're right about the dragon flying in though - it will be Norbert from Book 1. Probably in combination with Grawp - thus it will be shown that Haggrid's insane love of monsters was for the good after all.

Ron and Hermione will probably have hot sex.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ron Must Die! The sidekick never gets the girl.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

I certainly hope Harry dies or something. That would pwn enormously.

Or, even better, if the he turns to the Dark Side of the For...I-I mean, whatever it is.

Either way, Dumbledore being dead throws a cog into the usual wheel of events that have been the mainstay of the previous books, so maybe this one will be, like, totally different. I look forward to reading it when it comes out.

I don't care what you say RZZZA.

I like me my Harry Potter. I hope Snape gets wasted though, in epic fashion, so I can be reading and all of a sudden go 'THAT'LL TEACH YOU, YOU ****ING PRICK!" and I'll scare the crap out of the person in the passenger seat.

having read harry potter (and liked it) harry almost certainly dies (him or neville) because theres been a whole thing about one of those two being inextricably linked to voldemort and for V to die so does H/N

personally though i think rowling is ****ed because no matter what she does 50% of the kids are gonna be unhappy how it ends and everyone will find something in it to annoy them
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post

Deja vu, isn't it ?

I don't expect any creative genius from Rowlings in this seventh book. Hear me now--Harry is one of the seven Horcruxes, he will have an anti-climatic DBZ style-wands flaring-final bout with Voldermort, and Hermione will somehow die in the midst of it.

Needless to say, I won't be buying Deathly Hallows. I may, however, be attending a midnight sale of the book, provided that I have foreknowledge of certain volatile details...hehehehe

(my apologies to all HP fans, I couldn't resist )
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

How do you people find these obscure posts I made from a hundred friggin years ago?

What I find most amazing is not that you found it, but that you actually remembered what I said about harry potter in the year 1856. I dont remember, but you do, amazing...

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!

I'm going to be in Germany on the release though, maybe I can find an ENglish copy there.

I say Hermione dies, cause that's just unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I think Harry dies, just so it's the end of the books as i think Rowling said she wasn't going to write anymore and killing Harry off would prevent crappy tie in books. I also think another major character will die as well.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Ieuano's Avatar Decanus

they all die
    Total Rep = Unknown???? who will +rep me to the crown, whomever it is will get a mystery prize! or will they...

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Those darn muggles nuke Hogwarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Yeah - the British military freak out at the revelation of these powerful insidious subversives in their country's midst and launch a surprise attack with nerve-gas ala '28 Weeks Later' - the surviving wizards are enraged and join Voldemort's cause en masse to crush the Muggles and enslave them. Harry is drowned in a vat of pumpkin-juice before Voldemort for his amusement, Haggrid has his head cut off and stuck on a pole, and Hermione becomes a revolutionary anarchist bomber to free the House Elves.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

They will live happily ever after like in all other fairy tales

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    I think Harry dies, just so it's the end of the books as i think Rowling said she wasn't going to write anymore and killing Harry off would prevent crappy tie in books. I also think another major character will die as well.
    It's definitely a possibility. I would really love some books about different periods though. The obvious one is the first "war" with Voldemort. Other than that, the founding of Hogwarts, the WWII period (with that other evil wizard, whatever his name is), and maybe even something in the future, or something.

But she won't write any of them, I'm sure.

nobody dies....come on, these are kids books. Harry Potter isnt mature enough reading for kids to die.

Read the Lost Years of Merlin if you want swords and sorcery with a more mature tint to it. In that book, kids actually do die.

Lt.Bradford's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    Those darn muggles nuke Hogwarts.
    Heres one, the Inquisition re-founds itself, gets the British military to purge the place like in Star Wars- THEN they nuke Hogwarts!

Anyway, Harry dies, he must or I'll burn that book.

youre all reading the wrong book for child death.

Youre reading the right book for Bernie Botts Every Flavor Beans. But the wrong book for child murder.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast