Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    The United States is a far larger place than the UK. There are probably multiple schools. How the hell would Alaskan wizards get to Massachusetts on a train?
    By magic?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    When Ginny called Harry into her bedroom on his birthday and said she was going to "give him something special to remember her by" I thought she was talking about her virginity. What a disappointment - I got pretty excited for a moment.
    Yes that would have been a nice message to all those younger than 15 reading it.

American school for witchcraft could only be in Massachussets, naturally. Or Utah.

First why Utah?

2nd I do believe that in one of the books they mention a school for witches in Salem Mass.

I also agree with one of the previous posters that there'd probally be several schools of wizardry in the US.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be spoilers*

Utah because they're so freaky and insane there. If there were aliens living among the people, or witches and wizards, it must surely be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I am quite surprising about Snape's one-side love with Lilly Potter... never thought that guy would love someone so deep, even in emo form.
    It's a long-known point of Potterian Lore that "Severus Snape" rearranges to make "Persues Evans"...it was there in code right from Book 1.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Indefinitely Banned

When Ginny called Harry into her bedroom on his birthday and said she was going to "give him something special to remember her by" I thought she was talking about her virginity. What a disappointment - I got pretty excited for a moment.
    Yeah, seriously.

The United States is a far larger place than the UK. There are probably multiple schools. How the hell would Alaskan wizards get to Massachusetts on a train?
    They don't have to reach the school by train. That Hogwarts transports its students by train doesn't mean every school does.

Yes that would have been a nice message to all those younger than 15 reading it.
    Puberty starts around age 11, not 15.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

that is borderline pedophilia. She and harry are children and you were looking forward to a sex scene in a novel designed for children
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Would you think it be appropriate for an 11 year old to be reading a book with a obvious sex scene?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Would you think it be appropriate for an 11 year old to be reading a book with a obvious sex scene?
    **** no
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

I was asking Athiest Peace however thanks for backing me up there.

PS JP what do you think of having an american magic school located at A51?
    Last edited by Kiljan Arslan; July 30, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Simple truths

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

This just in: After blowing most of her money in Amsterdam, J.K. Rowling plans to write a new Harry Potter book, Harry Pothead and Sorcerers get Stoned.

Wow the last book wasn't bad.

I liked the ending very much. The Battle of Hogwarts and seeing Neville grow up to have guts and fight for what he believes in. And to see the characters have some good and bad times. Though I'm sad Fred, Tonks, and Lupin died. The epilogue was a little muddled but it was still OK
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    that is borderline pedophilia. She and harry are children and you were looking forward to a sex scene in a novel designed for children
    They're 17...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    They're 17...
    Well Harry is 18 (it's his birthday) and Ginny is 17. Still above the Age of consent though.
    Just to be pedantic

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

No Harry's 17, the Wizard coming of age, Ginny is 16. But both above the age of consent in the UK yes.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Borderline paedophilia? What does that make you - a borderline jerk? They're 17 and 16, not children.
    Last edited by Cluny the Scourge; March 22, 2021 at 01:22 PM.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljan View Post
    What do you mean by "appropriate"?

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

The book was OK. Until the last few pages when it just turned to sentimental mush.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace View Post
    What do you mean by "appropriate"?
    By appropriate I mean do you think a 11 year old should be reading a sex scene?

Simple truths

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljan View Post
    By appropriate I mean do you think a 11 year old should be reading a sex scene?
    Define exactly what should means in the context of your words, then.

Well some fo you seem to be advocating that Harry and Ginny should have had se., and unliuke TV you can't exactly flip around in a book or you miss stuff.

Simple truths

I read the first six, but just lost all interest in the series by the seventh. So thanks to you guys offering spoilers.