Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian - Chinese conflict.

Medieval Lord 10's Avatar Libertus

Default Russian - Chinese conflict.

i never heard the story about russian and china war not even on book. are they any film or book tell about that? russian and china very close but never war?
    thanks for all

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: are you all ever heard russian vs china before?

1. There was some war beetween China and Russia, I think, but that was aaaaages ago.
    2. Consult your local English tutor (unless you have a reading/writing disorder, in which case I feel like a complete scumbag. Again).

yes i am have bad english languange, i only know little. but i think i can read english languange little maybe. i never heard about russ and china guys why they become so peaceful.
    thanks for all

I know during the Sino-Soviet Split they had a border clash issue resulting in small fighting

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

what? only like that? 800 chinese death and soviet 60.. only in 1960?
    thanks for all

Too bad, I'd love to see the Red Bear and the Red Dragon go at it.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Well Tom Clancey wrote "The Bear and the Dragon" a fictional war between the two.

...and when Hitler received his Luftwaffles, he said "where is mein kampflimentary coffee?"

Actually i saw a documentary on a russian channel about a conflict with china. It all began with dimplomatic negotiations in 1970 about some land near china and mounted in a one week full war, but then the two nations decided to stop hostilities and resume diplomatic negotiations. Sorry but i don't remember what the conlict was called

also there were always border clashes between the two

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Nerchinsk

[EDITED]

I think here you can find an information about the conflict i was talking about

http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb...fier=ADA031749
    Last edited by Maximilian I; June 27, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Civitate

Default Re: Russian - Chinese conflict.

Moved to the VV, its more appropriate here.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Mmm... there is no "direct" conflict between China and Russia. However, there were several skirmishs between these two duirng second half of 1800s and first half of 1900s.

Well, it is interesting that Russia is the first European power that signed an international treaty with Qing Dynastry, and this event actually has been written in some Chinese novels (I think Chinese kidnapped a Russian princess for that).

wow that was amazing kidnaping russian princess.. russian have beauty girl must be married with chinese emperor, i am right? hmmm the conflict only small war i see.. but why only small war not big war? they must been cool bro?
    thanks for all

I am not sure the early reasons, but Japan is a major reason why Russia could not expand in 1900s.

crazyorc's Avatar Biarchus

yeah, Japan defeated Russia in the north-east of China in the end of 19th century, which marked the emergence of Japan and the fall of Russian empire. anyway, i think the war did good to the liberation of east-asians, because they recieved the message that the white people could be actualy defeated by other ethnics.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyorc View Post
    yeah, Japan defeated Russia in the north-east of China in the end of 19th century, which marked the emergence of Japan and the fall of Russian empire. anyway, i think the war did good to the liberation of east-asians, because they recieved the message that the white people could be actualy defeated by other ethnics.
    Sorry, it was 20th century. 1904~1905 Russo-Japanese War, and irony the war was fighting on Manchuria (part of China) and Siberia. This war also showed the bad habit of Japanese (attack others without declare war first), and more irony Britain was strongly support Japanese.

By the way, I find Russian girls are quite attractive, but it depends.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; June 27, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

Find a paragraph about the war between Russian Empire and Qing Dynastry.

"At the same time, the Emperor was faced with the Russian advance from the north. The Qing Dynasty and the Russian Empire fought along the Sahaliyan ula (Amur, or Heilongjiang) Valley region in 1650s, which ended with a Qing victory. The Russians invaded the northern frontier again in 1680s. After series of battles and negotiations, the two empires signed the Treaty of Nerchinsk in 1689 giving China the Amur valley and fixing a border." Wiki, Kangxi Emperor

The Emperor in this paragraph is Kangxi, the second Emperor of Qing Dynastry. During his reign he also conquered Tibet and started a war in North-West of China.

Irony, Machurian (in Chinese eyes they were barbarians at that time) conquered half of modern China.

crazyorc's Avatar Biarchus

Qing includs the whole modern China plus outer Mongolia...in fact,although Russian settlers were resisted by Qing in the beginning, Russian empire robbed the late Qing of much land, 1.7 millian square km..

Quote Originally Posted by crazyorc View Post
    Qing includs the whole modern China plus outer Mongolia...in fact,although Russian settlers were resisted by Qing in the beginning, Russian empire robbed the late Qing of much land, 1.7 millian square km..
    Yap, I remember it is around North region of China up to Manchuria. Most areas did not go to direct control of Russia, but they had solo trading right in those area.

Anyway, the area Russia had were probably the poorest in China except Manchuria, so no big deal.

I think should there be a conventional war (No nukes) between Russia and China, the Chinese could probably march into Moscow at the end of the war.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    I think should there be a conventional war (No nukes) between Russia and China, the Chinese could probably march into Moscow at the end of the war.
    Mmm... I doubt that. Russian still have technology and training superior than Chinese, however Chinese have manpower. I believe if there is such war, the battlefield would probably stuck in Siberia forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast