• Holland

3 7.69%
  • Other (mention it)

7 17.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Which is the best national soccer team? (with it's last 1 year performance)

I say italy the world cup winner.
    Last edited by Scorch; July 01, 2007 at 05:39 AM.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Default Re: BEST NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM

England has a very good team on paper. Crouch, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry... the list goes on. I just don't know how well they can do in a real situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat View Post
    England has a very good team on paper. Crouch, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry... the list goes on. I just don't know how well they can do in a real situation.
    Trouble with England is:
    The Left of Midfield (even though Joe Coles does a good job but we need a natural left footer with some pace and can cross) and Downing is not good enough

Management - Wealth of talent and they never know how to use it

LAMPARD - Grrrrrrrrrr

Anyways my vote goes to Spain - So strong and great on paper but they bottle big games ,so strange
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

U.S. National Team! Gold Cup Champions!

Holland is probably my favorite team, but sadly I would have to say that Italy probably still the most dominant team right now, but that's mostly cause they play dirty and dive all the time...
    Last edited by Rutyer0641; June 30, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

lol
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    I'm not asking your favorite team, I'm asking the best team. Probably you are from US and you find it the best team.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Brazil lost to Mexico 2:0. And they barely held on to a tie with Turkey a earlier this month. So they're definitely not the best (right now at least).

For the past year, i'd say Italy.

Nearly all teams are now worse then before one or two years,noone of them has the potencial to be the best team

Busy!!!

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    I'm not asking your favorite team, I'm asking the best team. Probably you are from US and you find it the best team.
    Yeah, but they have played exceptionally well lately.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Voted Argentina.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Dude, I would love to be able to agree with you, but "best team in CONCACAF" and "best team in the world" are VERY separate. Any European or South American team can still hand our asses to us on our platter. We'll be competitive in 2010 but it's not like we're going to bring this home without God breaking the legs of all the other football players in the world:

I voted France, by the way. Though without Zidane, who knows. Still did rape Italy pretty harshly way back in the Euro Cup qualifiers, it almost made me feel bad for those loveable diving scum who deserve a WC trophy about as much as my left nut.
    Last edited by Justinian; June 30, 2007 at 07:52 PM.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Goudvinger's Avatar Semisalis

This thread is about waiting for English people to vote on England

Brazil for me. They're always one of the strongest teams in World Cups.

On a related note, since a lot of hooligans with neo-Nazi affiliations watch football in Europe, who do the French neo-Nazis support during international tournaments?
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

The Trooper's Avatar Laetus

Its Croatia for me

Croatia 2:0 England
    Croatia 2:0 Italy
    Croatia 3:2 Argentina
    Croatia 4:3 Israel
    Croatia 7:0 Andorra

all in all, very young (22.1 years average) and capable squad which will in a couple of years be a power to be reckoned with. I'm not saying this because I'm from Croatia, but because i truly do feel that they are capable of beating pretty much every team in the world at this time.

Dang, poor Andorra!
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Goudvinger's Avatar Semisalis

Very hard to say which soccer team is the best, since most teams constantly change their formations and players.

This thread is about waiting for English people to vote on England
    maybe 5 years ago, now we're too pissed off that our team literally full of world class payers manages to suck sooooo badly

On a related note, since a lot of hooligans with neo-Nazi affiliations watch football in Europe, who do the French neo-Nazis support during international tournaments?
    they just hate all the black/algerian players on the french team ie the good ones

Brazil lost to Mexico 2:0. And they barely held on to a tie with Turkey a earlier this month. So they're definitely not the best (right now at least).
    Brazil are always like that, they just dont give a **** unless its the world cup. they always own when it matters
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    maybe 5 years ago, now we're too pissed off that our team literally full of world class payers manages to suck sooooo badly
    I'm glad you have recieved the insight at last.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Where's Spain?

Voted for Italy. Of course!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast