Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is the live earth concert hypocritical

Default is the live earth concert hypocritical

does anyone else think that the live earth concert is hypocritical i know its supposed raise awareness but if you think about all the electricity that will be used and all the gas used by people to get their its doing more harm than good
    “We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.”

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default Re: is the live earth concert hypocritical

I just finished watching Otsuka Ai performing in Tokyo- Her first comments to the crowd were about her new and upcoming single to be released in August
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

wow man we got to make the corporations pay!!! those evil ikemans!

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by 28 days later View Post
    does anyone else think that the live earth concert is hypocritical i know its supposed raise awareness but if you think about all the electricity that will be used and all the gas used by people to get their its doing more harm than good
    I do. I think it's a weird thing. Sure, it's nice to have a lot of good music on stage but in the end, it gives everybody a nice warm feeling and a good conscience without actually having to do something. The money could have been spent better.

they're planting trees to offset the carbon emission but i think seeing as everyone already knows about global warming they should just have planted the trees and made a difference rather than it being neutral and furthering their own careers
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

is the live earth concert hypocritical
    Is the pope catholic? do bears **** in the woods? Are people from Liverpool whiners and scroungers? did Al Gore invent the internet?.......ah...scrap the last one.
    A load of musicians getting together to support something they know nothing about, errr, that's the world saved then, just like when they sorted out Africa and poverty. Call me cynical, but I think they're a bunch of self-serving ****wits.

Hypocritical popstar No.1: ''Hey, I know how to stop global warming. Lets hop into our private jets and create tons of CO2 to organizing massive concerts around the globe that'll use up enough electricity to power a small country, create tons of litter and get thousands of people clogging up the roads in their cars and create even more CO2. That'll work!''

Hypocritical popstar No.2: ''Hmmm, let me check my schedule, I can squeeze this in between my conversion to Buddhism and my Iraq War protest. Lets go save the world!!!!!''

Seriously, the entire thing is a scam. Just celebrities hopping on the bandwagon and making a tidy profit out of it. What aload of bollocks, Lets all save the earth by jetting celebrites on private planes all over the globe to specific locations so they can sing infront of a bunch of long-haired tree huggers!
    Last edited by VALIS; July 07, 2007 at 07:12 AM.

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

its aload of crap, lets have a concert to promote not flying and driveing. but all the people comming are going to drive their, all the stars are going to fly their and it doesnt matter what light bulbs they use they still add to it. better off not doing it at all

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Is it hypocritical? It depends on whether the concert will do more good than harm. Same thing with Al Gore's campaign. What I do find hypocritical is certain companies being permitted as sponsors that in fact are not nearly as "environmental" as they would like to have people believe.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Hypocritical? Yes, disgustingly so.. This article is quite an interesting read:

Daily Mail Article

i just turned over to watch a bit of the concert...oh dear lord, they have the least convincing scientist of all time trying to put across this important message. basically its quite a young guy to be down with the kids but he has no authoritativeness in the interview they're doing...this is balls
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by 28 days later View Post
    Warning, the following footage may be disturbing to some viewers.

Hmmm, in trying to prevent:

Live Earth has in fact become:

I fail to see what they are trying to acheive...people already know about global warming, so instead of sitting around singing hippy songs they should so something about it.

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

no ones doing anything, this is just to make people think they are doing good, people sit on there arses expecting the goverment to do everything for them, buy a hydrogen car, put solar pannels on your roof, plant a tree, get efficient light bulbs, get double glazing, cant afford it? save up or apply for a grant

"oh please tax those industries who pollute mr prime minister" - heres a tip dim wit, dont buy from them

we need new technologies, cutting your emmisions wont help, just slow the problem, you need to elliminate them
    Last edited by catintheoven; July 07, 2007 at 09:16 AM.

In the UK we are a democracy one day in four years when we elect our oligarchy

Let's all follow Bono's lead, and REALLY make an effort to save the planet:

Rock star, advocate and Time magazine's Man of the Year, Bono, is a man who wears many hats. But alas, he found himself in Italy without his favorite chapeau. What's a rock star to do? He flies the hat first class from London to Italy, of course.
    Hats Entertainment! Hats off to Bono. Or rather, not. According to the Globe, the U2 singer reportedly spent $1,700 on a first-class ticket to fly his favorite hat from London to Italy. No word on whether the topper enjoyed the complimentary beverage service and greater leg room of first class.
    We have no details about how the hat made its way through airport security or how it traveled from the airport to Bono's hotel. But thank goodness it arrived safely.

http://www.pleasantmorningbuzz.com/c...l?buzz=1226051

If only ALL of us could have such dedication to Mother Earth!

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

Im sure his good friends the starving children of africa are over joyed at such news

In the UK we are a democracy one day in four years when we elect our oligarchy

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmm, I feel global warming may become a new source of revenue to be exploited. No wait, it already has been!

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Every attempt to warn the world about this great danger that threaten not only us, but also our children is one step for the better Earth. The concert and short movies are excellent. Some people (I hope majority) will change the way they live surely. I'm one of them. So the aim is accomplished.
    Last edited by Manuel Komnenos; July 07, 2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Note I think liveEarth was a total waste of time, yeah there was good music but it didn't do anything, what I do find ironic though is Bob Geldof of the live 8 thing critisized liveEarth considering how little live8 did.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I watched some of the concert. I don't think it is really that hypocritical for everyone to drive there and whatever because the concert "raises awareness" but let's get one thing straight, no one went there to save the planet. Everyone went there to hear good music.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

chris_uk_83's Avatar Physicist

Did anyone else thing Live Earth was crap? Most of the music was shite, the crowd were lathargic and none of the bands actually gave a toss about global warming, they just took the piss out of it.

I watched quite a lot of it, and most of the time I was laughing!

The Foo Fighters were amazing as always though

If I've helped you, rep me. I live for rep.

yeah the sound at wembly was god awful it was so quiet and you could never hear the crowd
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast