Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    I'm a little lost. What does adding little cartoons contribute to a serious discussion?
    Thanks,
    Vuk

I am not for serious discussion. I am a truth and beauty bomb.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Hey Ferrets didn't we discuss with you a month ago about the thread I started named:"Was Lucifer the true son of a god?" I thought you were a devoted Catholic,recalling that discussion...
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Hey Ferrets didn't we discuss with you a month ago about the thread I started named:"Was Lucifer the true son of a god?" I thought you were a devoted Catholic,recalling that discussion...
    No way. I'm an agnostic.

No way. I'm an agnostic.
    Then it was probably Farnan whom I discussed with...My memory usually sucks.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendylyn View Post
    So... rape should be punishable by death. And if a guy is accused of rape with no evidence he should be punished by death. And if a woman commits adultery she should be punished by death. And if a woman lies about being a virgin to her husband she should be punished by death. And if a woman has sex before marriage and doesn't marry the man she was having sex with she should be put to death. And if a woman doesn't scream while she is raped she should be punished by death.

Totally morally sound, right Vuk?

No, but when before we had modern technology, a woman could be raped and you would never know. A woman could be raped and the rapist would get away with it scott free. It was a harsh world
    A woman is not punished with death unless she claims to be a virgin and marries a man. It it isn't that she is killed if she doesn't scream, she is killed for falsely accusing a man of rape (because she would have made him die if they believed her).

Those are not laws for modern society, but for the ancient Hebrews. The world was much different and a lot harsher back then.

Vuk

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Of you make a claim like that, you should take the pic of yourself of your profile.
    It makes you lose credibility.
    Vuk

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    No, but when before we had modern technology, a woman could be raped and you would never know. A woman could be raped and the rapist would get away with it scott free. It was a harsh world
    A woman is not punished with death unless she claims to be a virgin and marries a man. It it isn't that she is killed if she doesn't scream, she is killed for falsely accusing a man of rape (because she would have made him die if they believed her).

Those are not laws for modern society, but for the ancient Hebrews. The world was much different and a lot harsher back then.

Vuk
    The way you dismiss this crime as if it was nothing because it was a different era but pursue Mohammed having a child wife with a modern perspective displays your bias.

Of you make a claim like that, you should take the pic of yourself of your profile.
    Vuk
    We are arguing on the internet. We have sacrificed all credibility.

Vuk
    Again you overlooked my question about asking your age? I asked that because you said that while I was trying to reform delicate words,you already grew up...

Apologist stance on the Old Testemant? What do I have to apologize for?
    I simply did my best to explain verses (and snibbits of them) that were taken way out of context by members here.
    Go look up apologism. It has nothing to do with apologizing.

And I hate to clue you, but most rape and forcible sodomy does not happen in the rapists bedroom. I don't care what your views on it are, I think rapists should be put to death.
    Vuk
    My comment on apologism has nothing to do with rape. Except for your stupid ideas on killing the woman because she didn't scream or killing the man "just in case".
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Again you overlooked my question about asking your age? I asked that because you said that while I was trying to reform delicate words,you already grew up...
    He says he is 33. I am not convinced. This morning his profile said he was 18. Now it says nothing. More than suspicious.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

The way you dismiss this crime as if it was nothing because it was a different era but pursue Mohammed having a child wife with a modern perspective displays your bias.
    No, obeying God's laws is not a crime. I have a different perspective because one is having harse punishments to stop people from doing wrong, and another is doing one of the most wrong, immoral, and evil things in the world. Who could rape an inoccent nine year old girl? Look into her eyes and tell her of all your perverted fantasies, then continualy rape her?

Vuk

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

No. The biblical quote AND your explanation of it made it extremely clear: if a woman is raped in a city and does not scream, she is to be stoned to death with her rapist.

Backpeddeling is useless in this regard.

Vuk
    And somehow you think you aren't an apologist. "Oh it was all moral and good when they did it! God didn't have a choice but to support them!"

Or maybe its just moral relativism that irks me.

Or maybe you should just stop defending draconic and immoral acts as morally sound and "completely fair" just because they were written in a religious text six thousand years ago.

No, obeying God's laws is not a crime. I have a different perspective because one is having harse punishments to stop people from doing wrong, and another is doing one of the most wrong, immoral, and evil things in the world. Who could rape an inoccent nine year old girl? Look into her eyes and tell her of all your perverted fantasies, then continualy rape her?

Vuk
    For you Bible = good, isn't it? No matter what level of evil it decends to?

Vuk's Avatar Miles

That is not what I said (look at my post and you will see what I did say).
    I'm afraid I didn't catch your question about age. I am 33.

Vuk

Vuk's Avatar Miles

For you Bible = good, isn't it? No matter what level of evil it decends to?
    There is no evil in the Bible.
    Vuk

That is not what I said (look at my post and you will see what I did say).
    I'm afraid I didn't catch your question about age. I am 33.

Vuk
    Ok now that I see your statement was logical I am 26,you are 7 years older than me so it makes sense that you kinda grew up while I was being born and working on the sentences,thanks for the clarification Vuk.

Vuk
    Of course there is, murdering homosexuals, selling your daughter into slavery, repeated genocide, divinely condoned rape, murder and torture. Lies and evil.

Vuk
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendylyn View Post
    No. The biblical quote AND your explanation of it made it extremely clear: if a woman is raped in a city and does not scream, she is to be stoned to death with her rapist.

Backpeddeling is useless in this regard.

I did not backpeddal. Please re-read my post.

And somehow you think you aren't an apologist. "Oh it was all moral and good when they did it! God didn't have a choice but to support them!"

Or maybe its just moral relativism that irks me.

Or maybe you should just stop defending draconic and immoral acts as morally sound and "completely fair" just because they were written in a religious text six thousand years ago.
    I said that society and life were different. There were a lot of factors that made those laws neccasary. One of them being the lack of technology.

Vuk