Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Counselling Service adds staff to help kids damaged by the last Potter book.

Default Re: British Counselling Service adds staff to help kids damaged by the last Potter book.

jesus ****ing christ, this is like when take that split up and the samaritans had to set up a special line...

besides i read t and i dont need counseling, sure i'm 18 but 8 year olds are tough these days...

i saw a girl my age (dressed like a witch) who had been qeueing outside a bookshop in london for 2 days and she was saying it had been a big part of her life talking about it with friends and 'what would [she] do now' and then the reporter said 'but she wont be alone...' and i was just thinking, she will be, she will be alone and friendless when she dies...harsh but true
    Last edited by Gary88; July 21, 2007 at 07:42 PM.
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: British Counselling Service adds staff to help kids damaged by the last Potter book.

Wow! I thought things like this only happened in America.

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    What better way to teach these kids about death than by lining all harry potter fans up, and shooting them in the face with a magnum?

I cant think of a better learning experience.
    Well, I suppose that would work...but a magnum to the face? It makes me think of Martin Scorsese's character's monologue in Taxi Driver.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; July 21, 2007 at 07:45 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Wow! I thought things like this only happened in America.
    Oy! What's that supposed to mean, huh?!

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Oy! What's that supposed to mean, huh?!
    It's supposed to mean that I thought that the United States was the only country that tries to coddle when it should be giving a kick in the ass and saying, "Hey, Kid, grow up. It's only a book."
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Waste of time, this place has gone downhill since 1918. If "ickle chiwdren" can't handle someone in a book dying they're unlikely to contribute anything to society. I think the penultimate book should've been titled "Harry Potter & the Spanish Inquisition's Torture Chamber" and the final book should've been called "Harry Potter, the Faggot and the Stake" here's some excerpts from this book:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Pg 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Pg 4, 000, 500

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Irish View Post
    omg its only a book why the ******* are they hireing staff in childline,
    omg england has gone realy :wub: up omfg

it not even a real person,
    I would u be tramatised if my grandad walked in in frount of my car and i ran him over,
    but not from reading a f ing book

what the ****** is happing to engand,
    they used to be cold blooded basterds who would shoot u on the spot if u talked in irish to them

sorry im going on a bit
    It's ok, you don't have to repress these thoughts. Yes, we where ****s but we where ****s with Attitude.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

they used to be cold blooded basterds who would shoot u on the spot if u talked in irish to them
    Now they're sensitive bastards who cry at the events of a children's book and don't even have the balls to hold on to their empire ... oh, WHERE is the middle ground?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

When I was 11 I was reading ****ed up horror books full of rape and murder, and when I was 9 my parents let me watch the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I turned out just fine. Of course there were all those years on anti-depressants...hmmm...I haven't about it quite like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    What better way to teach these kids about death than by lining all harry potter fans up, and shooting them in the face with a magnum?

I cant think of a better learning experience.
    Anti-Potterism is neither original nor does it make you a big man, Rzz.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

i cant believe people get so worked up over the potter books. They arent even that good, most people are just "omgzorz wtfbbq i canz red dis!"
    Its just a shame so many people flock to these mediocre books, and not ones that are actually well written with a great story etc. This book is celebrated because its easy access reading, nothing more. oh well

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Okay, I would get a tad depressed if I was playing a video game or reading a book that I was heavily into, because I was enjoying it so much, and one of my favorite characters died.

But counseling? Come, now. Seriously.
    Ehh that's pretty much how I felt about the books. Not really depressed as much as "oh well, nice while it lasted," though. Also how I felt when AOE3 came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I mean, when Aeris died, I was unhappy, but I got over that pretty quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12