Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sacred cows more important than public safety

Default Re: Sacred cows more important than public safety

Also, it being a bull and all, I think people may have a hard time getting milk from it.
    "In whom all beings have become one with the knowing soul
    what delusion or sorrow is there for the one who sees unity?"
    -The Isa Upanishad

"There once was a man John McCain,
    Who had the whole White House to gain.
    But he was quite a hobbyist
    at boning his lobbyist.
    And there goes his '08 campaign."
    -Stephen Colbert

Under the kind patronage of Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Also, it being a bull and all, I think people may have a hard time getting milk from it.
    You can do it, but it takes all day to fill a bucket cause the bull only has one big udder.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    some kind of milk maybe...

Anyhow, these people practice Hindu beliefs and we all know cows are sacred to them, so of course they fought the order to have the cow slaughtered. We know it's diseased and isolated to contain any potential threat and apparently, in its isolation, does not so the ruling of the judge is, thus far, standing in accordance with what Ferrets said about the laws of freedom of religion superceding the laws of TB infected cow "cullage." All that's straightened out and the arguments all make sense and have gotten tempers and emotions to run high here.

All that said, this cow isn't just an infected cow, it's an icon of a faith. Granted it isn't the only sacred cow in existence and the community could probably procure another animal for worship. However, as far fetched as it seems, and this wouldn't matter to syron becuase he's an atheist, this is on the same level as telling Christians that Golgotha (Calvary if you want) is in the way of a multiscreen theater and must be leveled and destroyed or that the the Wailing Wall is to be torn down because it was found to contain asbestos or even that the Kaaba was found to hold some sort of disease spore and must be shot into space because Saudi law requires that stones with diseases are shot into space.

That cow is those Hindu people's cross/star of David/mosque etc. and you can't take it away because of a disease. I understand and agree that the potential for the disease spreading is unwelcome and unsanitary and apparently is against the laws. However, I would refuse to take away someone's idol or iconic representation of all that they believe in and that they pour their love and faith into daily just because of a disease.

I understand that many farmers pour their hearts and souls into their work too and you don't want them to lose their hard work, but there are many ways these people can keep this cow or bull from spreading the disease, albeit it none are natural to the animal or easy on the pockets. I just find it difficult to believe that people are arguing that the cow should be put down instead of maybe giving the temple a dollar to effectively segregate the cow from other animals. If everyone *****ing about it one way or another gave them a dollar they might be able to construct a clean environment for the cow to live in that could also contain any potential disease movement... that would be nice... I wish I was rich.
    Last edited by mightyfenrir; July 21, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

The decision has been reversed at the Court of Appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    The decision has been reversed at the Court of Appeal.
    I think that's sad, understandable but sad.

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

MasterInquisitor's Avatar Ordinarius

Update

The cow is going to be slaughtered.
    This is, if it is a scared cow, it won't be isolated, if many people will be visiting it. I know it's an image of faith, but isn't it better to kill one cow to save the lives of many people.

Shame that they couldn't have just given it a vaccination/cure thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    A chomping evil Kentish Giraffe who constantly sings "Four legs good ,two legs bad"

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Of course, now they can't slaughter it despite 2 warrants... because they are being prevented from getting at it. What, is a human life worth less than a cow's life now, people? ffs...

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

thank god its being killed, common sense wins again

last thing i heard the Hindus had decided that as it had been overturned they weren't going to fight it anymore
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

They set up a human shield. The police didn't care. Bull's dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6918618.stm

Ah well.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Sad but necessary. Also sets a precedent to stop Tom, Dick or Harry from saving their dangerously diseased beloved pet/animal for "human rights" reasons.

shylence's Avatar Miles

that cow got Murked!
    "Businessman they drink my wine Plowmen dig my earth
    None will level on the line Nobody of it is worth"

"In My memory i will always see the town that I have loved so well"

Poor Shambo was probably grateful for having been released from the endless embarrassment of being 'revered' by people in funny robes all day long, every day of the week. Better death than that.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Probably merciful too. I'm no pathologist, but a death from TB is gonna be a lot more painful to the "sacred" bull than however the authorities got rid of it.

Also what Cluny said.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Doesn't matter. Been reincarnated as a Welsh Assembly Member by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12