Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods you would like to see

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default Mods you would like to see

I posted this idea over at the Taleworlds forum. Thought I would also post it here.

Some kind of mod involving undead/zombies- the main featuring being:

Somewhere on the map is a necromancers den.
    If you bring him certain items (like weapon crafting in the paleolithic mod) he can "make" your recruits.
    What would be needed are new items for body parts (a little disturbing yes.. but hey this is a necromancer) which could be taken from the dead in battles.
    Some units would only need very basic requirements- like only body parts and what ever money is used- while others would need various combinations of weapons/armor/money
    zombie units would have some disadvantages, like lower hp's and be slow etc
    Once one of these units is "killed" it remains in your party but "unconscious", until you return to the necromancer to have it revived (for a fee).
    These units do not require food

Not sure who would be the "anti"-undead factions or how they would operate. Perhaps have an all 'evil" factions mod. Necromancers would be the human faction while have your standard orc/goblins as the other faction.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Mods you would like to see

Must be ****ed up to kill a zombie with a bow and arrow, still a great idea though.

I would like a mod with very good battle formations, great sieges, commanding big armies from the start (Yeah I have ASLOTW before you recommend). No specific theme.

And a good mod in 500-400 BC greece or 0-100 AD roman period, with the above features.
    I heard a greek mod is being developed which is awesome. Hoplites ftw.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I would love to see a mod set during the Crusades. Would be awesome being a crusader or a saracen
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

A Roman era mod, using basically RTW's map, maybe include Persia and parts of India. Basically, every faction is represented, from the Selucids to the different Iberian tribes. You play the role of a general, who starts out with a core group of troops and lots of money to establish a decent army right off the bat. Of course this mod's scope would be too large to conceivably get done, but it would be awesome.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Turkeys, they are already developing Holy Lands, and they released an Alpha version for .750

They are going to launch the next version after the next release (whatever is after .808)

just FYI these are the mods in development yet that have no versions released.

Warhammer Mod
    A mod based on the Games Workshop's fantasy battle universe.

Bitter Earth
    Postapocalyptic RPG. True full conversion with all new art assets, setting, and gameplay.

ElderScrolls mod.
    M&B comes to Tamriel

Stronghold 2 mod
    Have you played the PC game Stronghold 2? Well, that's what this is based on.

Galactic Mercenary
    The Galactic Mercenaries are outnumbered and on the verge of extinction. Can you turn the tide?

A Broken Realm
    The fate of a broken realm lies in your hands. Will you plunge it into eternal darkness or will you prove to be its salvation?

Second Punic War
    Hannibal of Carthage brings terror to the Roman penninsula.

The Peloponnesian War
    Some of the largest battles in history took place during this war in ancient Greece.

Medieval II Total War
    The mod title says it all.

Not One Step Back
    Death in the cold snow of the Battle of Stalingrad

Assassin's Creed
    Based on the standalone PC game. Meet exciting new people and murder them as you explore the secrets of the mysterious world of the assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    just FYI these are the mods in development yet that have no versions released.

Medieval II Total War
    The mod title says it all.

Yes definitely we need this one Calradia: Total War , looks like their last video in the thread needs a mirror location.

Does anyone have a list of released ones?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Check out the www.mbrepository.com for all the available downloads.

Some kind of mod involving undead/zombies- the main featuring being:
    That sounds really quite easy to do, it wouldn't really require any complex coding, just have a look at Winter's craftmod code

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I would love to see a mod set during the Crusades. Would be awesome being a crusader or a saracen
    Well, aren't you lucky! Check this out. It's called the Holy War Mod. It hasn't got a release for v0.808 yet, and its previous release was quite buggy. From the looks of it though, the next release will be ace!!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I myself am eagerly awaiting the With fire and Sword mod based upon the wars of renaissance era Poland.I greatly look forward to lowering the Kopia as the forboding figures of my Winged hussars appear as angels of death to all those that stand opposite them upon the fields of war

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

I would like to see a mod featuring an inventory management system for your companions and soldiers. No more leveling up to different unit types. Want a line of archers in platemail armor? No problem. Just fork over the cash for the arms or loot them from the battlefield.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

That would be real fun. I always wanted to customize my troops like that.

A Romance of the Three Kingdoms mod since I'm such a fanatic about that time period, they used to have one but it died .

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Apple Tea View Post
    I would like to see a mod featuring an inventory management system for your companions and soldiers. No more leveling up to different unit types. Want a line of archers in platemail armor? No problem. Just fork over the cash for the arms or loot them from the battlefield.
    This idea would also work well with my zombie idea
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Apple Tea View Post

MAW's Murder Mod allows this. The current version is a little buggy, but he is working on a new bug free version. Warning it's hardcore so if you like easy stay away!

Here's the link http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...?cid=1&lid=117
    Last edited by Armatus; August 11, 2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: adding link

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to see a bunch. Like right now, one I'd like to see the most is a Graeco-Persian Mod, which includes certain events that calls for soldiers (example, you get to participate in famous battles like Platea and Thermopylae). And one that includes a good political/social/diplomatic system. idk, just one kick-ass mod like that.

Wish I could make that. I've seen Peloponnesian War mod, but I don't like fighting Greeks vs. Greeks. To me it just doesn't seem right.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    MAW's Murder Mod allows this. The current version is a little buggy, but he is working on a new bug free version. Warning it's hardcore so if you like easy stay away!

Hey, thanks a lot. I'll give it a look see after I play A Shield Lying on the Water for a little longer. It's aggrevating the hell out of me right now (too difficult).
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post

Wow, thanks for that, should allow for better RPing too.

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

A mod on warhammer be nice, unless they have it, which i wont be surprised that they dont since they've been doing quite well,

Forces of Chaos,Imperium,and Orks all fighting it out, how cool is that

Roman era-Ceaser vs pompei

map is split bewtween the 2, haveing small epic sized cohort battles with pre-marian units, whats not to love

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast