Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vote of no Confidence in the Black Prince, our Curator

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Default Re: Vote of no Confidence in the Black Prince, our Curator

Well honestly, what did you expect when you elected him?

tBP may tread on a few feet, but he does an acceptable and very thorough job.

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

I support.

under the patronage of Belisarius

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Sorry, I've been away.

I've got support from Shaun, Mak (I think), Nicollo, Aristo, Garb ... that's enough to take it to vote given that it follows the same course as a bill, as far as I know ...
    Last edited by Scorch; July 30, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

I don't support. I believe tBP is doing his job fine.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

After the vindictive Bias shown in a CdC debate of which I cant comment I am forced to support the VonK
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

I cannot accept the ambivalent support shown by makanyane as support, for which I apologise - it is unconfirmed and conditional. (On the other hand that by Beli is not)

Damn right.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Don't support. This will only create sour grapes and further destabilise future discussions in the curia.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca View Post
    Don't support. This will only create sour grapes and further destabilise future discussions in the curia.
    Actually getting this sorted out was the reason for my support. Currently, there are various accusations pending some people don't seem to see sufficiently adressed by TbP (I am mostly referring to some lost posts).

As I see, it from the reactions in his thread the Vonc is most likely to fail and thus, confidence in curator will be confirmed.

Imho that's rather stabilizing.

unlikely...

but if anyone has any issues they would like me to address relating to my trole as Curator, i will happily post them.

@Bel, i have no clue as to what you're talking about relating to the CdeC. All i have done there is remove the 4 councillors whose terms expired, and approved the permission for the 4 newly elected ones.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

People voted tBP to be curator, the rest of my feelings were summed up by Necrobrit- I don't support.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Remember, it's our duty to give feedback when it's needed, but it's also our duty to give the person time to take the feedback, respond to it, and show possible improvement that the person has made.

No one is perfect, what is the most important(at least to me) is that the person can take construcive criticism, and improve himself when that is needed.

I hope everyone gets the joke. :wink:

Last edited by Ragabash; July 30, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Under Patronage of Sřren and member of S.I.N.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    After the vindictive Bias shown in a CdC debate of which I cant comment I am forced to support the VonK
    So what exactly does that have to do with the VoNC?

i removed garb and perikles from the CdeC, preventing them from posting in a debate that was ongoing that bel supports and i do not. he fails to mention that their terms had both expired, and all 4 people who had just lost their seats were removed at the same time, which was the same time their replacements were added to the CdeC.

people who are no longer on the CdeC have no right to post there...
    its a little hard to believe that people have no confidence in me doing my job because i do the job properly...

I don't support, I have no reason to feel tBP does anything but a satisfactory job.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I don’t why you guys get worked up over this. Why can’t you all just enjoy the site and the games and cut out throw accusations and *****ing (word for a female dog with 'ing' on the end?) over things that will no effect on the success of this site?
    I love freddie so much at this moment.

I would even forgive the green text and centering.

But I don't forgive his use of Comic Sans Serif - seriously - I hate this font .

And what else is the Curia there for? Nothing serious obviously...

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli View Post
    But I don't forgive his use of Comic Sans Serif - seriously - I hate this font .

And what else is the Curia there for? Nothing serious obviously...
    Your right damn him. Organise the lynch mob!

I have about two dozen flaming torch's but I am low on pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Your right damn him. Organise the lynch mob!

I have about two dozen flaming torch's but I am low on pitchforks.
    Walrus tusks?

I don't support either...
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast