Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Default Re: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

The trailers do show a bit of gameplay footage and they show blood, plus, I don't see where Hitman 4 had more than a few puffs of blood when you hit someone, as shown in the gameplay video above.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

well as I said, in the E3 video there was more blood.
    But in Hitman 4 the blood was very nice.
    Bulletmarks on the bodies, brain matter all over the walls etc.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

What the..
    I use stealth all the time in Hitman and I'm always in first-person view.
    Hell I can't do anything in third person.
    Trying to strangle a guy is so much easier in first-person.
    Well then TB congrats...you're in the minority! I don't know of anyone else who exclusively plays Hitman in first person exclusively...I don't understand how its easier for you at all but to each his own I guess...
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

IMPERATOR_5's Avatar Centenarius

New Trailer

TERMINAL BOREDOM "An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia regitur orbis?"

Civitate

Good post Imperator, I had started to push this game into the back of mind to make room for college work but now I'm re-invigorated and totally stoked for this game!

By the way - the supposed release date is now November 13th 2007

My enthusiasm is slowly ebbing away.

The gameplay I hope is going to be refined... a lot, before it is released.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3206.html

Buggy, needs a lot of improvement I think. They should have just started from scratch with the new mechanics and gameplay instead of trying to upgrade Hitman with a new story..
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Kane & Lynch 2 on the way.

CEO of Eidos, Jane Cavanagh
    We’ve already got Kane & Lynch 2 in production, which just goes to show the belief we have in it as a long-term franchise.”
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28439/Eido...est-ever-spend

Good news . But then again there is "it's okay, we can fix this in next sequel" attitude during the production. Got to make money and fast, I know...

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

This is definately going on my Christmas list now.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...;picks;title;1

What a fantastic approach to multiplayer

Well the reviews are in and so far it seems that this game is the biggest disappointment of the year.
    Only the multiplayer has gotten good reviews.

Civitate

yeah I just saw this too...too bad...it looked like it had some potential

I'll probably rent it at some point but as of now it's come off my x-mas list

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Reviving this as the game has been released now. How are people finding it? I've seen very mixed (player) reviews so far which is putting me off making a move for it. Most people seem to accept the story is good but the single player gameplay isn't whilst the online play is. What do people think?
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

I'm getting it this Saturday.

Yes, the story is really interesting. Unfortunately the controls are awful (PC), it is very hard to aim and it usually takes a few shots to gun the enemies down, unless you're lucky enough to land a headshot. It is a nice idea that if you "die", an ally (Lynch or someone else) can inject you with adrenaline so that you are reviewed, but too many shots and you get an overdose (>death). What is disturbing though is that there are checkpoints, and sometimes they're really long away from each other...

Im thinking of buying it (PC) but Im really not sure yet.. Im not worried about the story its just all this talk about that the AI behaviour sucks and other stuff but that can be upgraded by a patch but Im really not sure if its worth it

Well I would post what I think of the gameplay, but the game doesn't let me play. Always after several minutes in the game, whether it's the menu or the actual game, it crashes back to desktop, usually in a manner that requires me to reboot my computer. Far as I checked I'm not the only one getting this crash and it very much seems to be a problem with the game, not with anyone's hardware or software settings.
    That's just ridiculous as I've had no errors that serious with any new game that came out in the last 2 years. Until they bring out a patch the game is gonna be unplayable for me.

Seems like this game is causing some trouble.
    Gamespot has fired the guy that did the review for this game because he gave it a bad rating.
    And users aren't allowed to review it either anymore.

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

I had to say I'm rather enjoying the game. Storyline is very good and there's lots of action although not always the best direction given to the player. At times I've wondered where the hell I'm supposed to go to get to my objective but the combat is pretty fun. I can see what people are complaining about regarding the control system but I don't think it destroys the game. It can be a bit annoying getting into the right position to get behind cover and you really need to zoom in to get the aiming right but overall I'm quite happy with the game.

My biggest gripe is the checkpoints. I'm not a fan of checkpoints as I prefer to save when I want but they do seem to be a hell of a long way apart. I spent about 30 mins doing the mission where you're in the back of the van being chased by the cops and ended up dying after a gun battle and went right back to the beginning of the chase which was about 30 mins wasted.
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Well I would post what I think of the gameplay, but the game doesn't let me play. Always after several minutes in the game, whether it's the menu or the actual game, it crashes back to desktop, usually in a manner that requires me to reboot my computer. Far as I checked I'm not the only one getting this crash and it very much seems to be a problem with the game, not with anyone's hardware or software settings.
    That's just ridiculous as I've had no errors that serious with any new game that came out in the last 2 years. Until they bring out a patch the game is gonna be unplayable for me.
    I think you have the same problem I had.. you need to go to dxdiag then you have to set the direct x sound hardware acceleration all the way up
    If that dosn't work, try setting it to basic or nothing at all

I'm actually enjoying the game.

I had heard alot of bad things about this game; but people who play it seem generally favorable-- i may try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPERATOR_5 View Post
    I think you have the same problem I had.. you need to go to dxdiag then you have to set the direct x sound hardware acceleration all the way up
    If that dosn't work, try setting it to basic or nothing at all

I'm actually enjoying the game.
    I'm afraid that wasn't it. I had it all the way up, so I turned it off. The sound was ****** of course but I was somewhat surprised that it ran longer without error than any of the times before. It made me wonder whether that actually did the trick before I switched back to the in-game menu and was greeted by a blue screen. I tried the other accelerations for good measure, one I didn't even get to the intro and the other attempt had no sound but blue screened me quickly anyway.

I'm sure it is a lot of fun, but this is seriously retarded that experienced developers and publishers release a title with a big "games for windows" sticker, which is supposed to ensure extensive testing and compability with windows xp and vista and it's completely unplayable for me. Way to stand out for a game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast