View Poll Results: Should Spartan_Shame be a citizen?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Citizen - Passed 7:0] Spartan_Shame (Patron happyho)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Default [Citizen - Passed 7:0] Spartan_Shame (Patron happyho)

Patron: [user]happyho[/user]
    Nominee: [user]Spartan_Shame[/user]

Spartan_Shame's ParagraphSincere greetings to all members of the CdeC

My name is Spartan_Shame, and I have been sponsored by happyho for patronization to the rank of Artifex in the Total War Center.

My strong point in modding is definitely my 2D art abilities, and working with GFX in-game, for both Rome: and Medieval II: Total War. I also Beta test, write some minor text editing, and hopefully in the future some coding and major modding, due to my enrolment in the TWC University under Bwian. I also have a competent level of skill with using 3DS MAX to create units cards for Rome: Total War. To date, my projects include Roma Surrectum, where I co-ordinate and perform 2D art, previously created unit cards, as well as Beta testing with the majority of the team and Medieval Classic, originally created by Ramtha. With his recent departure, I took over the small mod to complete it with version 12.0. Unfortunately, much of my displayed work is still in Beta stages in both mods at present, however if the CdeC would like it to make their decision easier, I shall of arrange for it.

Besides the TWC University, I also frequently get involved with the Picture of the Week contest. Indeed, this is what inspired me to start playing around with Photoshop, and begin to hone my skills, albeit slowly at first. I am also looking forward to being involved with a couple more mods, as I find the experience wonderful.

I would like the rank of Artifex, not to gain recognition for any work I have done, but to simply be more involved with the TWC Community as a whole, especially the overall running of the site in regards to discussing new ideas for what is no doubt the largest and most enjoyable forum I have been a part of (although I have fond memories of the RTR Forums).

I thank you all for your consideration, and in particular, happyho, without whom I would be in this situation.

Cheers,
    Spartan_Shame

happyho's ParagraphToday I bring for your consideration the member [user]Spartan_Shame[/user], he is the team leader for the M2 mod Medieval Classic. Spartan_Shame came to be team leader for this mod when the former leader Ramtha chose to leave TWC and his commitment to his mod. I do not know nor care what Ramtha's reason's were for leaving, what I do care about is the fact that Spartan_Shame was willing to take on the additional workload that the leadership of this mod would bring. Completing the mod was what was important to him, despite the fact that he was already a member of the Roma Surrectum team.

That was what first brought my attention to him, the fact that he was willing to do the extra work needed to ensure that another mod wouldn't die when the people that started the mod moved on for whatever reason. The thing that I found most worthy about Spartan_Shame was his dedication to his work and to his team mates. He confirmed to me that despite his busy schedule he fully intends on completing Medieval Classic and seeks to expand his modding and other activities here at TWC.

When I first approached him about being an Artifex his first reaction was to go to the Curia and read the Constitution to learn as much as possible before replying to my pm. When he did reply he was a little skeptical of his chances to pass the vote with the required 60%, despite this he felt that he wanted to take the chance as he had long respected the system of Patronization we have here at TWC. What that tells me of him is he is a person that thinks before he reacts and is willing to take a chance to achieve what he aims for. For these reasons and others, it is my hope that the members of the CdeC will grant him the rank of Artifex and make of him a Citizen of these Forums.

Thank you for your time, happyho.
    Last edited by Ragabash; July 23, 2007 at 06:58 PM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.