Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4, Gameplay video (WOW!)

Default Metal Gear Solid 4, Gameplay video (WOW!)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22703.html

It looks amazing, from the stealth system to the action, the fact that you can play the entire game in FPS is also a pretty significant change.
    The grahpics look nice as well, This is the ONLY game i want on the PS3.
    The only criticisms I have is how Snake uses his sniper rifle that is very loud but none of the other PMC's are alerted! I hope that will be fixed by release, Also i think its very unrealistic how rolling over two guys in a barrell can kill them, thats just silly. Apart from that, so far I have no complaints about this game. (Oh, that and it being PS3 exclusive)

I think that this game allows alot of freedom, I'm not sure but i think in alot of sections your given a huge city area and you can approach the situation however you please from any direction, like a sandbox game.(GTA,Oblivion, etc)
    If it doesn't pull any surprises on us like the bizarre and confusing storyline in MGS2 or having to play as a little sissie then that would be great. if it has the great boss fights and engrossing characters of the first or third game then this is set to be one of the best games of 2008 already.

Can't wait.

Edit: Ok, I have more criticism, ok, I also don't like how snake controls that little robot in the middle of the street twiddling his thumbs and he doesn't even get shot! WTF! so much for stealth.
    I also don't like just after that part, snake gets shot fom behind, he turns around and shoots a guy then another guy behind him, they get shot, stand still and then jump off the roof :laughing: in true stormtrooper delayed reaction death. Unimpressive AI reactions.
    My final criticism is how when he gets to the end of the street, and clears the place out he gets shot again from a roof. He stops in the middle of the street, in easy view of getting shot, loads the RPG which takes several seconds, then stands full view of the snipers taking about 5 more seconds and doesn't get shot or killed!

Anyway, apart from that, it looked really good, I guess what I've just talked about might be bugs and need to be ironed out. MGS games are generally pretty smooth and clean, so I have some faith in those problems being fixed.
    Last edited by VALIS; July 24, 2007 at 09:00 PM.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 4, Gameplay video (WOW!)

One word: AMAZING!

If there's any PS3 title that will possibly turn things around for the PS3 and Sony it will certainly be MGS4 and any other games exclusively for the PS3 that follow along the same kind of quality.

Those new stealth and shooter mechanics look so great...I feel terrible knowing that I'll never get to play this game (Xbox 360 owner) but maybe....just maybe one day we can all be friends in the video game world and release every title for every console (that'd be great)...I'll trade Halo 3 for MGS4 any day!

+rep for this
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

It looks good but the Oil Drum rolling totally killed the atmosphere.

Looked fantastic and I also like the "Help Militia and they won't shoot at you" prospect(means unofficial allies).

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

"And now with blu-ray, we can add 60 more hours of pointless rendered scenes! You barely have to play the game at all now!"

More like Metal Gear Solid Bore: Wake Me Up When This Stupid Cut Scene is Over.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Must... get... PS3....!

My only real complaint, other than the stupid drum barrel rolling part, and the amazing lack of time it takes to knock someone out with a tranquilizer dart, is how amazingly deaf and blind the guards are.

*BAM*

*Guard walks around in the next room as though nothing happened.*

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    "And now with blu-ray, we can add 60 more hours of pointless rendered scenes! You barely have to play the game at all now!"

Kojima better add them too, no one else does it better in the industry than MGS series. MGS series are well known for their great cut scenes. I bet MGS series would never be so popular without cut scenes of that quality in the game. Why would Kojima productions leave them out of the game? Because you see them pointless and stupid? Besides you can skip them, so wtf? Sounds more like pointless whine to me.
    Last edited by Praxil; July 25, 2007 at 03:16 AM. Reason: reduced possible misunderstanding

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Hey, that's part of the MGS experience!

The trailer looks awesome. I'm gonna get the PS3 cuz of this game, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil and perhaps Grand Theft Auto although these titles will come out on other consoles and platforms a bit later.

Been an MGS fan from the start!
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

looks AMAZING I really need a PS3 lol!

and about deaf gaurds and such remember this isnt the final product

Mango: This could also be called Scifi-material Gear Solid... What the ****, automatic camouflage that copies the textures from a surface and pastes it onto a suit that you can change to a statue in less time than you can say "crap"?

Citizen

Also, snake apears to be a little bit 'fruity' in this one.

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Also, snake apears to be a little bit 'fruity' in this one.
    Meh, oh well...

15 minutes of gameplay and that's all you noticed? You see this stuff only when you desperately want to see it. "Normally" people will just ask what the **** and then move on.

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Citizen

No, I was looking at a thread on another forum that has a bunch of screens, those were two of them.

http://oldy64.gametrailers.com/gamep...blog&id=123775
    ttt

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

i've only found one source but idk if its viable but they said that a different company will port MGS 4 to the 360, but dont start to troll me cause i still don't know if its viable, still trying to find more sources about it

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Mgs4 Is playstation 3 exclusive. Stop the rumours about its coming to xbox 360.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

But I don't have the money for a PS3!

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Combat_uk View Post
    Mgs4 Is playstation 3 exclusive. Stop the rumours about its coming to xbox 360.
    thats what they said to GTA IV and Assassins Creed, but i havent been able to find another viable source to base what i said on so my previous statement doesn't hold complete truth, yet.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Ugh at you peoples ingnorance!

It was a mechanic demonstration! Just for the demo im sure they set it to a difficulty that wont even exist in the actual game so they could show how the game works.

Obviously someone had played it through many times till they got the best looking demostration and then Kojima voiced over it.

It is quite incredible. They have surpassed my expectations. I'll definately be buying a PS3. For this and GTA4. All I want really.

Mango is hating for the sake of hating. Just because its a fashionable thing to do...hate against metal gear.
    All of MGS's cutscenes are amazing and if you don't like them anyway for some reason then just skip them.

Anyway, Does anyone listen to gamespots podcast, 'The Hotspot'?
    They rip MGS4 a new one, I don't think they like that game at all. I hope it gets a fair review, now that Kasavin has left. (gamespot's never been the same without him!)

It's kinda interesting how in a "middle eastern battlefield", Snake helps the AK equipped "militia" to fight the superior western style PMCs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast