Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Origns! Of your screen name

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

Default Origns! Of your screen name

Simple, tell us about the history/origin of your screen name.

StreetSamurai was a class from Shadowrun which was a game for SUPER NES and Sega Genesis, I played it when I was young and thought it was cool, still do.

Default Re: Origns! Of your screen name

well sadly I may reveal more of my true nature than I wish but here goes :O

[edit] Chaigidel
    Chaigidel: Confusion of the Power of God

"These are the confusion of that great power which, as Chokmah, goes forth at the beginning to give the vital energy of creation to the processes of Binah. The cortex of the Chaigidel is called Ghogiel, 'Those Who Go Forth into the Place Empty of God'."

Beelzebub: Lord of the Flies and Adam Belial: Wicked Man

To Chaigidel, "both Satan and Beelzebub are attributed as well as Adam Belial. The name Belial is often used separately as a demonic name."

its basically from the much maligned "kabbalah" or what not--- I was a "kabbalist" until adonai bezek awoke and destroyed the name.
    Last edited by Chaigidel; July 24, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

From the famous Roman orator Marcus Tullius Cicero, of course. I was inspired by his famous speeches against Mark Anthony, which would end up costing him his life. I've also found a fine profile picture for my name, check it out if you feel curious.

But I'm thinking of changing my name just to "Cicero". Just easier and shorter.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Eric. It's my name, and it was unused when I signed up so now i'm Eric. I'm THE Eric, the Eric that everyone thinks of when you say "Eric" on these forums. That's how i've been here. Plus, Eric is a Scandinavian name for "Ever-Powerful" So don't mess with me, i'm always gonna kick ass!
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

"Boofhead" can be used in Australia as (1) an insult or (2) a term of endearment.

You don't have to look far to find examples of boofhead in Australian English. It's time for Bozo and Boofhead to go, says a Melbourne Age headline about obnoxious footballers; an ABC radio site has Boofhead of the week, an inept home handyman. It appears in plenty of blogs, which may give you a flavour of its usage, and Google Image results for boofhead are also instructive.

I guess a boofhead is what Mark Twain would've called a puddenhead, maybe with some sense of what the Brits call a likely lad. A boofhead is a bit slow, maybe clumsy and unthinking, a likeable clot. It can be a friendly term (the inept handyman), but a boofhead can also be uncouth and boorish (the obnoxious footballers). You could say the behaviour of yer soccer hooligans is a bit boofy.

The image of Boofhead the character (above) is from R.B. Clark's daily comic strip. Boofhead ran in Sydney's Daily Mirror and in comic book reprints from 1941 until its creator's death in 1970.

It's one of those instantly recognisable Australian images, adopted by Mambo design and by the artist Martin Sharp. The Powerhouse Museum's website shows Boofhead on a 1966 Oz Magazine cover by Martin Sharp. There's even a statue of Boofhead in a park at Leura in the Blue Mountains.

You could say the strip itself has an endearing boofheadedness about it, with its daft situations and its two-dimensional artwork (as far as I know, Boofhead himself is always seen in profile, Egyptian-style).
    I just like semi-abusive Aussie words, like boofhead, drongo, derro, galah, bozo.

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

My days when I used to play Halo 2, I would always be the last man standing and since I was a Halo Spartan, I thought it would be cool.

Plus I got the idea from Spartan Total Warrior, Battle of Thermopylae and this one battle I had where I was Greece and I won, but the last man was guess who? A Spartan Hoplite, everyone either routed or was dead. How lucky is that? Also I admire the Spartans, well, most of them at least.

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

I used to play this game called Star Wars: Republic Commando, and one of the Commandos had a nickname Scorch, so when I signed up I used that.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Mines my real name, Lachlan, how very original. Although i usually use Socky.

When I signed up, I either wanted to use either Striker or Hunter as the first part, and came to the conclusion that Hunter would sound better in front of KYA, so that's what I decided to do.

Some people probably wonder what the KYA stands for. They aren't my initials if that's what you're thinking, but rather KYA is short for "kickin' your ***." Just thought that'd sound edgier than a simple set of numbers.

Besides, I'm the TRUE Hunter and everyone else is just imitatin'.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well, originally, my name was "Hapsburg", a name I use on many fora (forums?). Anyway, that was because my Czech great-grandpa was born in Austria-Hungary, which was ruled by the Habsburgs.

My name now was supposed to be Maximilian, which was already used, or Maximilian I. But when the mod changed it, it got fudged up and ended up as MaximiIian. The name comes from a central character in a sci-fi universe I'm writing. Fans of the Art Gallery Thread will know what I'm talking about.

well, I really just have to say look at that picture...
    <----------------

Isn't Fenrir being rather mighty over there? Of course, I could have made it Fenris, but Fenrir just sounds more foreboding because it doesn't trail off the tongue as much as Fenris, there's more effort to it and it makes you have to put some more emphasis in at the end of the name... a dying man can rattle out an "s" but only the living victor can muster up that second "r." I was going to use another name I have somewhere, fenririnari, but I didn't want to photoshop the two of them into a picture together... so that one died out of laziness.

Of course I did take the time to photoshop my signature though... not much time, but I did

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Mine's real easy. Look it up in wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatos

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Mocker:
    In addition to the obvious reference to my profound nature, the Mockers are a fictional thieves guild in Krondor (city in Midkemia, riftwar series by Raymond E. Feist).

I thought the name was kinda catchy, so I used it.

Indefinitely Banned

the secrets of a dark prophet

Estlander means Estonian in Germanic languages. I'm not happy with my choice, and usually go by the name Raudsarw on other forums, which means Ironhorn. People have gotten used to Estlander already so i wont change it anymore.

Banned's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    the secrets of a dark prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
    Enoch, the leader of a fictional criminal organization in the animated series, Ben 10

Anyways, my user-name is my real name.

The RPG Gothic II: If you join the paladin group, an NPC calls you "Sir Paladin" if you approach him.

Very, very and extremely so very immensely profound.

MasterInquisitor's Avatar Ordinarius

Master Inquisitor came from a "cult" that my friend set up...and he said he needed an interrogator to interrogate (obviously) heretics and spies and evil enemy type people. Thus he gave me the title Master Inquisitor (usually MI or Inquy for short).
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    A chomping evil Kentish Giraffe who constantly sings "Four legs good ,two legs bad"

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Oi be tha Captain!
    ....and Oi says:

Arrrrrrgghhhhh!!!!!

Oh, and Oi also likes ta knit wooly sweaters....

Indefinitely Banned

I staretd of with a gamertag, TheSuperPope500, and since then I have used the same name and password for everything.
    It also gives a very handy persona

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast