Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Russian summer camp that indoctrinates youth against Putin opposition, Estonia and the west

Default Russian summer camp that indoctrinates youth against Putin opposition, Estonia and the west

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2134522.ece

Summary-

This is the youth summer camp Nashi, where 10,000 young people are gathered for two weeks to be indoctrinated at the Kremlin's expense.

At the camp-

Leaders of the opposition movement Other Russia are portrayed on posters in a 'Red Light District' dressed as prostitutes.

Berezovksy is pictured with devil's horns.

Posters portray Estonia as a fascist state.

Urmas Paet, the Estonian foreign minister is shown with a Hitler moustache with the caption "Who is this if not an enemy?"

Museum of double standards, that contrasts any western criticism of Russia with Western "silence" over worse events at home. One exhibit shows a grandmother pushing a policeman at a pro-democracy protest in Moscow next to an astonishing claim that 80 died in riots at the G8 summit in Germany.

Lectures are compulsory and campers are electronically tagged. Should three lectures be missed they are kicked out and are forced to find their own way home.

And now a thread where our delightful 'Russian' members will attempt to double think their way out of reality. Again.

Default Re: Russian summer camp that indoctrinates youth against Putin opposition, Estonia and the west

http://www.postimees.ee/foto/6/8/109...704a7324b6.jpg
    Naši and other similar organizations are called "Putinjugend" in Estonia. It's just sad. They would follow Putin to hell itself.

Default Re: Russian summer camp that indoctrinates youth against Putin opposition, Estonia and the west

putin is extremely popular just right for a take over :O

these camps are paving the way for a brave new world
    Last edited by Chaigidel; July 25, 2007 at 09:24 AM.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Russia is going to hell....again.

wow this is like Jesus Camp...only Dictator Camp
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is that the faint wiff of dictatorship I smell?

Remindes me of Triumph of the Will.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

I guess that's what 70 years of communist brainwashing does to a country. It's sad that the government finances this sort of thing. It just seems like Russia is sliding closer and closer to dictatorship. I don't think there's much hope for Russia.

From what I have read, it sounds like Russia could pretty much collapse as a society in the near future what with the poverty, crime, AIDS, war, etc.

Stop the red steamroller from the east, or nuclear winter for all...
    Who else remembers Gunship 1? Was the only game I ever played with full difficulty settings (even realistic helicopter flight model) and still was able to beat the most difficult campaign (European campaign). Medal of honor and all that. These were the times.
    Last edited by PacSubCom; July 25, 2007 at 02:00 PM.

Russia today is in a very bad situation, in reality is a failed country but Putin and the elite don't accept this and continue to think that Russia is the same superpower of the cold war but in reality today is only a middle power, and to grow the patriotism and the order in the Russian society the only manner is to indoctrinate people, because in a rich society with social and civil right this isn't necessary, the people is naturally ordered and patriot, I life well and I defend my country because I defend my well-being (clearly isn't only a material aspect patriotism, I think that we must love our country but with the critical spirit of a foreigner and hard work to enrich it).

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

If Putin goes on with this, he will cause the death of many millions, but Russia will be destroyed and he will die as well. If he is mad and he cannot see this, we are in a bit of a predicament.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

That's EXACTLY what the nazis did .

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

They had no huge nuke arsenal, though.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Putin (Hitler) Youth? The Second Cold War? The resurection of the Soviet Union? The coming of Spongebob? Anyone?
    Last edited by Holger Danske; July 25, 2007 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Putin (Hitler) Youth? The Second Cold War? The resurection of the Soviet Union? The coming of Spongebob? Anyone?
    Any thing of this will come, there will be another big collapse like in '90, and why? Simple economy. The Russia has only oil and sale of armaments to sustain the economy, but for this not a solid economy.

A lot of damage can be done in a very small time. And money can come from elsewhere. For example, from muslim nations which perceive the west as an enemy.

This is all a bit old to me infact. I expected this to happen since maybe three years ago. I just hoped I was wrong.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    Russia today is in a very bad situation, in reality is a failed country
    Russia today?
    And when was Russia better?
    During the Soviet era?
    During the time of the Tsars?

Russia isn't the freest country in the world, and it doesn't have the bestest economy, but compared to the majority of other countries it's doing alright, I think.

I don't get it, what is the negative part in this article?

That children are indoctrinated against the opposition of a political party?
    That happens everywhere, politicians are the dirtiest scum in the world.

Read some of the comments on the link, they make some good points

Putin
    Herman Göring (Field Marshall General)

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

— Activists intimidate and harass anyone regarded as critical of the President

Indefinitely Banned

Compared to the majority of other industrialized countries it is and has been doing pretty ****** for going on four centuries. Even Peter wasn't so great. Russia is the knout and always has been.

Ummon
    Quote:
    — Activists intimidate and harass anyone regarded as critical of the President
    You from the U.S.?

This happens here too

The White House Has a Manual for Silencing Protesters and Demonstrations
    By Matthew Rothschild, The Progressive. Posted July 14, 2007.

After a myriad of stories about people being excluded from events where the President is speaking, now we know that the White House had a policy manual on just how to do so.

So the truth comes out.
    After a myriad of stories about people being excluded from events where the President is speaking, now we know that the White House had a policy manual on just how to do so.
    Called the "Presidential Advance Manual," this 103-page document from the Office of Presidential Advance lays out the parameters for how to handle protesters at events.
    "Always be prepared for demonstrators," says the document, which is dated October 2002 and which the ACLU released as part of a new lawsuit.
    In a section entitled "Preventing Demonstrators," the document says: "All Presidential events must be ticketed or accessed by a name list. This is the best method for preventing demonstrators. People who are obviously going to try to disrupt the event can be denied entrance at least to the VIP area between the stage and the main camera platform. ... It is important to have your volunteers at a checkpoint before the Magnetometers in order to stop a demonstrator from getting into the event. Look for signs they may be carrying, and if need be, have volunteers check for folded cloth signs that demonstrators may be bringing."
    In another section, entitled "Preparing for Demonstrators," the document makes clear that the intention is to deprive protesters of the right to be seen or heard by the President: "As always, work with the Secret Service and have them ask the local police department to designate a protest area where demonstrators can be placed, preferably not in view of the event site or motorcade route."
    The document also recommends drowning out protesters or blocking their signs by using what it calls "rally squads." It states: "These squads should be instructed always to look for demonstrators. The rally squad's task is to use their signs and banners as shields between the demonstrators and the main press platform. If the demonstrators are yelling, rally squads can begin and lead supportive chants to drown out the protestors (USA!, USA!, USA!). As a last resort, security should remove the demonstrators from the event site."
    The document offered advice on how to recruit members for such squads: "The rally squads can include, but are not limited to, college/young republican organizations, local athletic teams, and fraternities/sororities."
    The document does contain a warning in bold, however: "Remember -- avoid physical contact with demonstrators." It also advises to make sure that whatever action is taken to drown out the demonstrators does not "cause more negative publicity than if the demonstrators were simply left alone."
    http://www.alternet.org/rights/56528/
    Last edited by Black Hawk; July 25, 2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: adding link
    Herman Göring (Field Marshall General)

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast