66. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, cheats rock!!!!

18 27.27%
  • No, cheats suck!!!!

48 72.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cheaters

Default cheaters

I justed wanted to see how many people out there use cheats.

for me it ruins the game i cant understand why someone would do it. the only game i ever used cheats on was age of empires and it turned a game i loved into no fun atall

Do you think cheats enhance gameplay or destroy it?

Towelie's Avatar Miles

Default Re: cheaters

Only use toggle_fow, but from time to time (open map once in 50-100 years to see whats going on, then close it) Game is alredy to retarded without cheats..

Cheating really does ruin the game i only use console command when modding I.E toggle_fow and show_cursorstat.

Quote Originally Posted by J@mes View Post
    Cheating really does ruin the game i only use console command when modding I.E toggle_fow and show_cursorstat.
    Same here. Those are useful tools for modding. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Deacon Byron's Avatar Civis

well all I did was cheat for the first couple of months that I had the game, and it was kidna boring for me. Then, I actually tried a campaign without cheating, and it was like opening my eyes for the first time (And looking into the skies of course... sorry, bad Bohemian Rhapsody reference.) So yes, cheating SUCKS. I was blinded with it the whole time I played Rome, and thankfully I realized it after some time on M2.
    "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." -Charles Bukowski

"Humantiy is over the Hill." -Deacon Byron

YOU REP MY BACK, AND I'LL REP YOUR BACK! JUST BE PATIENT! ...or not.

My view is each to their own but for me personally, I dont like cheating as it ruins the game for me , it invalidates the point of playing the game. Times when I have cheats useful are soley for modding and they are REALLY REALLY useful for some bad bugs........for instance when vampire the masquerade bloodlines first came out there was a bug where it kept crashing at the part where you had to choose a faction on some setups, I was really sad but I found 5 lines of console commands that spawned me right after the buggy scene with the exact stats and build I had.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Cheats are made for people who cant really keep himself together, its all in the gamers character. If a gamer is cheating one, then he's always a cheater. I would say cheating is a good thing for "noobs" , sometimes... i mean its good that u have the opportunity to be overpowered because of cheats like adding money.

But personally, cheats totally ruin the game experience. I use toggle fow sometimes and actually I used add money but then I offered it as a gift to France, so that they could give me a match
    Anyways, if u cheat... you wont learn how to control the game.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    Cheats are made for people who cant really keep himself together, its all in the gamers character. If a gamer is cheating one, then he's always a cheater. I would say cheating is a good thing for "noobs" , sometimes... i mean its good that u have the opportunity to be overpowered because of cheats like adding money.

But personally, cheats totally ruin the game experience. I use toggle fow sometimes and actually I used add money but then I offered it as a gift to France, so that they could give me a match
    Anyways, if u cheat... you wont learn how to control the game.
    yeah i agree its like giving up on the game

I occasionally use toggle_fow just to see what's going on..... Mostly because it lets me choose an AI to leave alone or help..... so they can become strong, and give me a worthwhile fight in the later game. Thats it though...

I use cheats if I want to play in an atypical way. What I would do is play as rebels, but first I select to control the aztecs then I de-control them. What I get is a game that plays by itself. I leave the computer on while I do something else. For about maybe an hour or so of the game self-playing itself, I come back and I that Russia has taken half the whole campaign map. I select to control the rebels then I summon a bunch of rebel guys at Miccosukee then teleport them and attack all these large multistack armies.

But for normal campaign games I don't tend to use cheats. I try my best to play it fair and square.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Toggle_fow learned me one thing, that scots can beat english! Anyways as I said about doing add money and then offering as gift to enemies was a good way to get a real opposition. I found it to easy on H/H so.... I totally pwned everyone as spain ^^
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

i use toggle_fow sometimes, like other people said to get a general overview and see who the major powers are at the time so i know who im gonna have to fight with later

i have used add_money once before but that was when i was bankrupt and fighting 5 powers at once and was kinda desperate, as well as process_cq to quickly upgrade walls, if worst comes to worst

Cheaters are teh suck.
    Never used any in any of my campaigns!
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

noone ever cheats! noone, nah cheaters are bad! cheaters are lame!

********. I cheat! I admit it! I am a hardcore cheater from time to time! Hell I do even play hotseat campaigns where I control 3 or 5 factions, hell I even fight wars with these factions against each other, because then I can at least design more or less challenging battles for myself (as the defensive multiplayer if attacked by a human faction does not retreat) and not riding with my full stack of heavy cavalry over the 23rd full stack trebuchet army

things I use cheats for
    + design characters (especially Assassins to get rid of all kind of unwanted characters and princesses, god you have to love those really dirty *****es with cool ancillaries)
    + move_character for inquisitors, assassins, spies and other religions priests (as you sometimes cant get rid of them if they have too high stats which is absolutely irrational, as I think that an army of 50.000 should be able to ride over one priest)
    + add money (sometimes I take over dying factions and bring them back up again)
    + character_reset for diplomats

I like to have more or less historical games, so if france dies in turn 50 its no fun for me, if I have to fight egypt in Norway, its no fun for me.

I like hotseat
    I use cheats sometimes

now burn me

but I finished 4 campaigns without cheating and playing only one faction, personally thats enough for me to proove myself against the AI and I dont see the point in playing another 11 campaigns with all the other factions as the gameplay is absolutely the same. Now with cheating and hotseating (waging war even against factions that I control myself) I found new fun in the game and find myself roleplaying like mad and not restricted due to the games unreasonable boundaries like travel times for diplomats, or an Inquisitor who runs berserk and kills of a whole faction all alone.
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    noone ever cheats! noone, nah cheaters are bad! cheaters are lame!

********. I cheat! I admit it! I am a hardcore cheater from time to time! Hell I do even play hotseat campaigns where I control 3 or 5 factions, hell I even fight wars with these factions against each other, because then I can at least design more or less challenging battles for myself (as the defensive multiplayer if attacked by a human faction does not retreat) and not riding with my full stack of heavy cavalry over the 23rd full stack trebuchet army

things I use cheats for
    + design characters (especially Assassins to get rid of all kind of unwanted characters and princesses, god you have to love those really dirty *****es with cool ancillaries)
    + move_character for inquisitors, assassins, spies and other religions priests (as you sometimes cant get rid of them if they have too high stats which is absolutely irrational, as I think that an army of 50.000 should be able to ride over one priest)
    + add money (sometimes I take over dying factions and bring them back up again)
    + character_reset for diplomats

I like to have more or less historical games, so if france dies in turn 50 its no fun for me, if I have to fight egypt in Norway, its no fun for me.

I like hotseat
    I use cheats sometimes

now burn me

but I finished 4 campaigns without cheating and playing only one faction, personally thats enough for me to proove myself against the AI and I dont see the point in playing another 11 campaigns with all the other factions as the gameplay is absolutely the same. Now with cheating and hotseating (waging war even against factions that I control myself) I found new fun in the game and find myself roleplaying like mad and not restricted due to the games unreasonable boundaries like travel times for diplomats, or an Inquisitor who runs berserk and kills of a whole faction all alone.
    doesnt that make the game alot easier though as you can change what the AI does if you dont like it.
    I fyou want to survive the inquisition be more faithfull recruit more priest or imams if there is a another religions priest in the area. you dont need the cheats.
    If you have only played 4 campaigns without cheating you are missing so much

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

Whe you play Europa Barbarorum, and are in a 500+ turns campaign , you sure use Auto_win, cause you don't want to fight those 3 odd per turn battles you know you'd win against averni...

no it does not make the game easier. (but it depends to which extend you cheat of course)

but especially the hotseat campaign can make it easier but also more challenging. All in all its a different game style.

I played the factions England (until I had British Islands, France, Iberia and some provinces of the Levante) which was very easy. I played Egypt, Moors and Denmark and all of them were easy after a certain point. I started campaigns with Portugal, Turks, Byzanz and Venice and Sicily, all of them to a point where I did not felt challenged by the AI on hard/hard after turn 120 as I consolidated the empire, made bottlenecks to defend and hit enemies hard and mercyless if there was war.

Since i hotseat, I have fun again. I can switch factions and even plan epic engagements at the battlefield I want with my most favorite factions which saves me from tedious custom battles.

I dont know what you find so much better in an uncheated game. Its so easy and predictable, the AI is such a disadvantage over the human in most cases and even in the mods it gets only moderatly better. there is almost no challenge in the vanilla campaign for me at least. Still MTW2 for me is great if you fine tune the game with cheats, which you cant mod as some things are situational.

giving my faction 2.000.000 florins and spawning full stack heavy elite cavalry is NOT what I do and I would say thats lame too!
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

the only cheat i do is to auto_win against the rebel armies that pop up all over the place. I hate those random rebels. they spoil the game for me so this is the only way i can get rid of them.
    Never used toggle_fow - build towers - thats what they are for.

Towelie's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by jimjimjim View Post
    Never used toggle_fow - build towers - thats what they are for.
    Thats what i'm doing, but however, i dont like to expand much, so if i play England, and want to se how are Mongols doing on the middle east, i wont waste 50 turns to send damn spies there..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast