Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all DoW players!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Calling all DoW players!

Quote Originally Posted by cra_z_guy View Post
    I have both DOW and DC but not WA. From what I've heard, that means I can't play as the Imperial Guard. That's ok though at least I can play as the Space marines or the Tau. BUT...it's going to be really hard for me to play DOW/DC without any mods. I guess I can...*sigh*...try.
    I would suggest any newbie join Multiplayer AT LEAST you can beat Eldar in Skirmish mode, Insane level. If you can beat the AI, you can probably survive half of internet players...

Oh, by the way, it seems Space Marine and Eldar love to cheat in Insane level.

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

To your inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    Ok - so from what I've seen here the people who are in/interested are:

Ok, so those interested I need to know some things:

1) Which of the DoW games do you own and CAN play online?
    I have all three but can only play Dawn of War and Winter Assault online.

2) Do you have an existing account? If so, what is your name? Are you willing to change either your account or name to fit the clan/club?
    Most likely I have an account, just have to guess the name. Don't care about stats though and I'd be glad to make a new account if required.

3) What kind of IM app do you have? AIM, Yahoo, MSN, etc?
    MSN, don't remember any AIM or Yahoo info.

4) Ideas for clan/club names*
    TWC Elite, Total War Crew, Sanctus Proeliator (Holy Warriors in latin, rough translation) I know they're all lame but who cares .

5) Would you be in support of proposing the expansion of the Circus Maximus (sub-forum) to include a little space for our DoW clan/club?
    Most definatly!

Rock on!

I'm interested but I'm going for a week's holiday tommorow so have to get involved when I get back.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

I think with DC you have to enter the CD keys for DoW and WA to play as Eldar/Space Marines/Orks/Chaos (DoW) and Imperial Guard (WA).

Sounds too close to something having to do with M2TW IMO..we need something semi-related to 40k or space-like don't you agree?

@ MLiR & cra_z_guy

Are you in? Can we add you to the clan/club roster then?
    I'm in. I'll be gone for the next couple of days (personal matters) but ya, I can play.

Okay, after finally finding the password for my router I've managed to port-forward away my connection problems. Sign me up .

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Ok -

So, all those who would call themselves "in" the TWC DoW clan I need you to not only answer those questions I posted before but also some additional ones....you can either post your answers here or better yet send me a PM or something...

First we NEED an official name...something that encompasses all of either 40k lore or just something cool/spacey in general. There have been some good suggestions so far those which seem possible are TWC Guard, TWC Marauders, TWC Legionnaires, and I actually kind of like MattErickson's suggestion of Sanctus Proeliator - I especially like the Latin name if anyone else has some sweet sounding/meaning Latin names feel free to share.

Secondly we'll need a universal IM app...pretty much all of the ones out there are free. I have AIM but could easily just download MSN or Yahoo. To make progress here, members will need to be able to communicate with one another outside of posting on the forums.

Thirdly, I'm gonna need to know where everyone is from and their time zones, etc so that we may be able to find a good time for a majority of the members to be actually able to play each other and talk with other members.

Lastly just as a heads up I will not be around until a week from now (vacation) so use this week to either send me back your answers to these questions or better yet think up names, ideas, and other things to further advance our TWC clan...

EDIT: Also someone please bug someone in charge here at TWC about my application to expand the Circus Maximus to give our clan a sort of space to post news, results, and other assorted 40k threads and info...I haven't heard anything yet from them and having that space would help ALOT IMO.
    Last edited by VOP2288; July 27, 2007 at 10:10 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

Ok -
    First we NEED an official name...something that encompasses all of either 40k lore or just something cool/spacey in general. There have been some good suggestions so far those which seem possible are TWC Guard, TWC Marauders, TWC Legionnaires, and I actually kind of like MattErickson's suggestion of Sanctus Proeliator - I especially like the Latin name if anyone else has some sweet sounding/meaning Latin names feel free to share.
    Glad you liked my name suggestion, another latin one I got is optimus venator, which would be better off for a username than a clan name. That'll probably be my username then, Venator . Imperator Electus is a third one, that's all the latin things I can think off.

Secondly we'll need a universal IM app...pretty much all of the ones out there are free. I have AIM but could easily just download MSN or Yahoo. To make progress here, members will need to be able to communicate with one another outside of posting on the forums.
    MSN- matt_e89@hotmail.com that's all I got right now.

Thirdly, I'm gonna need to know where everyone is from and their time zones, etc so that we may be able to find a good time for a majority of the members to be actually able to play each other and talk with other members.
    I have a feeling/been seeing a lot of people from europe on here but I'm from Canada, so GMT-5 (EST)

EDIT: Also someone please bug someone in charge here at TWC about my application to expand the Circus Maximus to give our clan a sort of space to post news, results, and other assorted 40k threads and info...I haven't heard anything yet from them and having that space would help ALOT IMO.
    I'll ask around but probably won't get any replies, still, I'll see what I can do.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

flicking through some of my Codex's names I would suggest for you lot are

The Aegis
    The Chosen
    Scions of Chemos
    The Martyred
    Shadow in the Warp
    The Steel Legion

to name but a few...
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

<---- Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

*edit*
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Yeah I'm up for both Warcraft TFT Frozen Throne and Warhammer: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade!

The question is .... Can anyone beat me?

All those interested in a game can add me on MSN: xohaib_a@hotmail.com
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Lol, my Fallen Angels and White Hospitallers will crush you! You chaos follower!!

Lt.Bradford's Avatar Domesticus

Wow my old post must've been deleted.

Alright if you all are starting a clan I'll glady join, though I'm not the best at multiplayer.

How about Ordo Numerus Bellum (Ordo Total War)

Civitate

I have some slight internet access here for the afternoon (on vacation in the mountains...)

I'm glad to see that two more people have taken interest in this...I'm glad to add Lt. Bradford to the roster as well as Sextus - welcome guys and hopefully when I return this coming Saturday we'l finally play a game or two. Now, it's just getting the little retarded details out of the way...

Well - ok now we have a few new names to consider here. I really like GrimSta's suggestion of The Steel Legion. That's what my vote is going to...but can anyone translate that into Latin? That'd be even BETTER IMO.

If no one has any other arguments against this name then it will be settled on that: The Steel Legion (or the Latin version).

Now - for a universal IM ap...everyone just get a damn MSN account. It's free and fairly simple and most of you seem to have them anyway. I'll need to make one...

That leads to the next order of business...what about names? Names for our playing accounts and names for our MSN accounts. Naturally, they should be the same...what style do we want to go with? What are going to be each of our names?

For the clan tag I'm assuming we'll go with TSL (or Latin apprev.) or (TSL) or <TSL> at the end or beginning of our names. For names what do you guys want? Our TWC names (which might make more sense given the fact that this is a TWC clan) or should we make up totally new 40k-style names?

To give you all an idea...I'm looking to actually start playing some games upon my return (in 5 or so days). Sorry for the delay it's just that I'm on vacation and other members are on vacation...either way...expect to start playing some matches amongst ourselves starting next week or this weekend. Also - some you seem to be worried about skill...well...we'll find out how good each other are when we get to playing one another. If some ppl are mad good and some of us suck then who cares?! We're here to have fun!

Lastly I need to know if maybe clan members are interested in a ranking system similar to that of Warcraft 3's B.net system? For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about...WC3's online has a system where you earn an icon/rank depeding on how many wins you've acheieved with a given race ("random" included too). I'd like to do something like this since 40k's online part is missing this kind of thing (they have stars...wow...I'm impressed). I've already come up with a prototype system and I have each of the seven races' rank names (10 each) so I'd like to incorporate something along those lines...

I
    I'm glad to see that two more people have taken interest in this...I'm glad to add Lt. Bradford to the roster as well as Sextus - welcome guys and hopefully when I return this coming Saturday we'l finally play a game or two. Now, it's just getting the little retarded details out of the way...

Well - ok now we have a few new names to consider here. I really like GrimSta's suggestion of The Steel Legion. That's what my vote is going to...but can anyone translate that into Latin? That'd be even BETTER IMO.

If no one has any other arguments against this name then it will be settled on that: The Steel Legion (or the Latin version).

For the clan tag I'm assuming we'll go with TSL (or Latin apprev.) or (TSL) or <TSL> at the end or beginning of our names. For names what do you guys want? Our TWC names (which might make more sense given the fact that this is a TWC clan) or should we make up totally new 40k-style names?

Chalybs Legio is Steel Legion in Latin, heck theres a Armaggedon Steel Legion mod out too.

Oh, and I can find Ork, Daemon, and Dark Angel name generators, but nothing else.
    Last edited by Lt.Bradford; July 30, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

We should use our TWC names, makes more sense, considering we're a TWC clan. Our clan tag could be {CHLEG}, <CHLEG> or [CHLEG] (might be too long).

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Serious samurai View Post
    We should use our TWC names, makes more sense, considering we're a TWC clan. Our clan tag could be {CHLEG}, <CHLEG> or [CHLEG] (might be too long).
    Alright sounds good...we'll use our TWC names then plus the tag <CHLE>...that's not too long. So how 'bout this format then...

<CHLE>VOP2288

That works for me.

<CHLE>Samurai shouldn't be too long I'll check.

Soo wait, how does one create a MSN account anyway, is it tied to hotmail?

If its through Live messenger it let me use <CHLE>Lt.Bradford
    Last edited by Lt.Bradford; July 30, 2007 at 08:04 PM.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Bradford View Post
    Soo wait, how does one create a MSN account anyway, is it tied to hotmail?

If its through Live messenger it let me use <CHLE>Lt.Bradford
    I'm actually not too sure exactly....I usually just download the client and create one then. I'm gonna try using <CHLE>VOP or <CHLE>VOP2288...I'll post which one you can find me under...also to all prospective members please change your MSN account name or create an MSN account name with the following format: <CHLE>*Your TWC name or shortened version*

Then make a post here telling everyone you're now on MSN and they can add you to their buddy lists etc...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast