Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remakes of movies you'd like to see

Default Re: Remakes of movies you'd like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljan View Post
    I think they should do an alexander Triliogy based off the Series by Valerio Massimo Manfredi.
    I'm glad to see someone else on here who reads Valerio Massimo Manfredi's books. That guy writes amazing books, filling in the blanks between the facts flawlessly.

Id like to see a remake of alexander, not that i didnt like the movies its just i thourght they could of made alot more out of it.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Kingdom of Heaven was good on the Directors Cut. But the original was meh.

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Troy - only it has nothing to do with Troy
    Eragon - talk about trashing a good story
    TMNT

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Agreed 100%

yeah id like to see a remake of troy, its nothing like the book

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

Ben Hur

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Gods and Generals
    Troy
    King Arthur(keep the music tho)
    The Hills have eyes I and II
    Braveheart
    Bloodrayne(for goodness sake keep Boll away from it)
    Postal(not out yet but will need a remake since it's Boll)

Star Wars eps I, II and III

That trilogy should've been more about the creation of Lord Vader. The timeframe should've been the 2 decades between eps III and IV.

Episode I- Anakin is a promising young Jedi/Pilot*...Jedi masters fear he is tainted with the darkside...yada yada yada...end of the movie Anakin fights some powerful dark Jedi and loses a hand...

Episode II- Anakin, now with the prosthetic, is stronger and becoming more...dark...aggresive...in this episode he[Anakin] uses the infamous Vader choke-hold** on someone and is reprimanded by Obi Wan: "Anakin, never use the force like that...it's not the Jedi way!" Anakin: "Sorry master"(but the look in his eyes...we know)...end of the movie Anakin fights another dark Jedi(or dark droid) loses an eye and suffers more physical damage

Episode III- Anakin now with slick looking black armor(arm, eye patch, etc) but still mostly human looking is consider one of the strongest Jedi*** but also troubled by the darkside...yada yada yada...end of the movie Anakin has completely turned to the dakside(maybe late in the movie he gets the Vader face plate)...this time he fights Obi Wan...gets cut up...becomes the full clumsy looking Vader

*in Episode IV it is mentioned that Vader was a really good pilot, but nothing in I, II or III suggests that
    **Probably the most well known Vader move...it should've been shown in the new movies
    ***Yoda brags how powerful Vader was...the only person he[Anakin] beat in the new movies were a bunch of kids...he got his arse kicked by the only Jedi he came up against...in my movies Anakin would be kicking arse to show he truly was the strongest

+another twist could be if Anakin goes completely dark in Episode I and in each additional movie some new young promising Jedi padawan fights him...although the padawans would die they'd be inflicting serious damage on Anakin...slowly turning him into Vader

Doom.

Big disappointment, but I kinda liked how they did the First Person thing (that's one of the only things that was original). But they really strayed from the original story. I don't care what their excuse is, but they better make another much better one WITH the original plot.

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by morteduzionism View Post
    Star Wars eps I, II and III

That trilogy should've been more about the creation of Lord Vader. The timeframe should've been the 2 decades between eps III and IV.

Episode I- Anakin is a promising young Jedi/Pilot*...Jedi masters fear he is tainted with the darkside...yada yada yada...end of the movie Anakin fights some powerful dark Jedi and loses a hand...

Episode II- Anakin, now with the prosthetic, is stronger and becoming more...dark...aggresive...in this episode he[Anakin] uses the infamous Vader choke-hold** on someone and is reprimanded by Obi Wan: "Anakin, never use the force like that...it's not the Jedi way!" Anakin: "Sorry master"(but the look in his eyes...we know)...end of the movie Anakin fights another dark Jedi(or dark droid) loses an eye and suffers more physical damage
    I would like to see something like that too. Though Episode III I liked a and thought it should be with the original trilogy.

*in Episode IV it is mentioned that Vader was a really good pilot, but nothing in I, II or III suggests that
    Umm... Wasn't he the only human who could do Pod-Racing? And the chase scene in the early part of II? And if that's not enough you have to at least say that the beginning of Episode III he was a great pilot.

***Yoda brags how powerful Vader was...the only person he[Anakin] beat in the new movies were a bunch of kids...he got his arse kicked by the only Jedi he came up against...in my movies Anakin would be kicking arse to show he truly was the strongest
    He defeated Count Dooku that should count for something.

I don't mean to bash your opinion here but some of the things you said don't make sense.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Something based on Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome.

Or maybe a remake from Liz Taylor's Cleopatra, even if I don't remember the whole movie anymore (I watched it when I was about 8). But I agree that Liz is prettier as Cleopatra than as Liz Taylor herself, and she was already *the girl* back then .

Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; July 27, 2007 at 03:52 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Quote Originally Posted by Roshak View Post
    Umm... Wasn't he the only human who could do Pod-Racing?
    1. Nothing is said either way. A few lines to suggest that what Anakin did was totally and utterly amazing for a human would've been better

2. In Episode IV Obi Wan hints that Vader was a "pilot" NOT a pod racer. To a real X-Wing pilot, how would that sound? That'd be like telling an F-19 pilot you're a good pilot because you're a good race car driver

And the chase scene in the early part of II?
    You mean when he was chasing the person through...traffic? Maybe he would've been known as a good John McClain(Die Hard) for being able to weave through massive congestion but that doesn't make him a pilot

And if that's not enough you have to at least say that the beginning of Episode III he was a great pilot.
    Maybe. But the way it was implied in the first series was that Vader was "Legendary"! Luke is better known as a pilot because he fought during a war and destroyed a DeathStar. What did Anakin do? Fly into a cargo bay. Furthermore, if he was "great" why was Obi Wan scared/worried? If he was as good as Obi Wan suggested Obi Wan shouldn't have been worried, right?

Furthermore, they should've shown a scene where Anakin was piloting the same type(or close to it) of ship he uses when he is dogfighting Luke at the end of Episode IV. He[Anakin] should've been shown demonstrating his excellent piloting skills and receive the accolades to attest to his accomplishment. This way the foundation for 'Anakin/Vader was a great pilot!' is established.

My only point is that the way he's talked about is like he was known throughout the Republic as an excellent pilot...

He defeated Count Dooku that should count for something.
    Not enough. Does the Anakin/Vader you saw in those movies look like someone who could eventually wipe out the Jedi? The way Yoda/Obi Wan talked about Vader was as if he was...frighteningly powerful. Hanma Yojiro-like

I just don't think enough was done to establish the legend/infamy of Lord Vader.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How about remake Star ship Troopers, and this time get hispanic and Philopino actors to play the charcters, not Nazi Poster Boy, Doggie Howser,and Richards. Also actually give them Powered armor, not **** infantry suits.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

And make them so that they aren't such Imperial Guard copycats.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Spartan View Post
    And make them so that they aren't such Imperial Guard copycats.
    They should look like ****ing SPace Marines with Jet Packs.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Wow... That would certainly be nerdy movie with a limited crowd...
    If so, then they should atleast make Denise 10 years younger and include her too, otherwise no point in seeing the movie.

Marcus Tullius Cicero, too bad our present-day Hollywood actresses lack what only Elizabeth Taylor could bring to the screen back in those days.

Anyway, here's one that's relevant for our time since most people hate Turkey and recognize that the Arabs are in a lot of trouble from within as well:

Orence! Orence!
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Quote Originally Posted by DadioDog View Post
    I'm glad to see someone else on here who reads Valerio Massimo Manfredi's books. That guy writes amazing books, filling in the blanks between the facts flawlessly.
    You've got to be kidding - this is the guy who wrote The Last Legion, an "historical" novel that had anyone who has the first clue about the Fifth Century rolling on the floor laughing and/or in pain. That guy is a joke.

Speaking of which ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Spartan
    I know, one movie I'd want to see a remake of is Eragon. The book was damn good, but the movie was pure ****.
    I fail to see how the book could have been better than the appallingly juvenile movie, since the movie's main problem was the plot. Not that it was a bad plot, it's just that the story of Star Wars set in a vaguely Lord of the Rings world with a touch of the Dragon-riders of Pern and Earthsea novels stirred in doesn't make for a good story. Unless, of course, you're a fifteen year old kid with no imagination or original ideas.

Which, as it turns out, is precisely what the author of the novel was.

Movies that really deserve re-making? War of the Worlds. Except the real story by H.G. Wells, not a Tom Cruise/Spielberg abortion about truck drivers with parenting issues where the alien invasion is simply the whiz-bang backdrop to a touchy-feelly exploration of the characters' "feelings".

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

*Using this opportunity to get something off my chest.....
    Remake 300! I want the freaking wolf in the beginning to symbolize Lycurgus, giving his approval to Leonidas, and then see him later on affirm Leonidas in his mission at Thermopylae.

I'd also like to comment that A. Obi-Wan has always been a worrier, so worrying about Anakin at the start of III wasn't anything new. He looked like a damn awesome pilot. Don't forget he also blew up the droid control center at the end of I, and he was 9!

B. Who would you propose Anakin fight? He can't beat Yoda, and Obi-Wan has to beat him in III. So instead he gets to kill an offguard Mace and fights Count Dooku, who is acclaimed as a master throughout Ep II. Not to mention, that fight with Obi was damn fine.

Overall, it was the sucky acting, and Episode I that ruined the prequels. II'splot was decent, and I outright liked III, but I was just terrible, compounded by terrible acting except for Obi.

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast