Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spartan total warrior

Default Spartan total warrior

hi i was wondering if anyone here ever played on spartan total warrior, i thourght it was a wicked game and i loved the game play, whats everyones thourghts on the game? and does anyone know if there are any new games coming out based around the same time era (ancient greek/roman)?

Lee

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Spartan total warrior

Well, the only two good games I've played that are action and set around that time period are Prince of Persia and God of War, which are both more fantasy-like. But Spartan Total Warrior looks crap, imo.

As for any new games, you could try Rise of the Argonauts, but that's for 360 and hasn't been released yet.

I did have RPG games set around the time period, but those bastards that were developing them dropped the ****ing project! I never got my god-damn money! Bureaucratic ass-holes . . .

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

Ye I've played it, its nothing to look at but it was a great game, rock hard. I'd like to get a few more games that play that way, as in meleeing through hundreds of men with an army backing me up. It was class and I still play it the odd weekend. Dynasty Warriors is something similar but doesn't play as well imo.
    "Éireann go deo"

Under the patronage of Rhah

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

dynasty warriors is just button bashing fun lol no real thought needed

Prince of persia I & II fun III not fun i didnt like evil prince had crap controls etc

God of War I & II awesome games tho really bloody and violent

Spartan TW.... it was okay
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

That Rise of the Argonauts games looks good cheers

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Spartan Total Warrior...that game was total and pure rancid poop!

First off they false advertised: they claimed that the game put you into the shoes of a soldier you'd expect yourself to be controlling in the regular TW...in massive battles and skirmishes...yet, what was the game about? Being some Spartan guy and fighting hordes skeletons? Somewhat like a crappy God of War knock-off...yeah that's what it really was.

The graphics were terrible, the voice work was laughable, and the gameplay was repetitive and totally uninteresting IMO. Unless they TOTALLY change the gameplay and mindset there will NEVER be another "Total Warrior" game.

As for similar games...the big ones have already been said..God of War and the Prince of Persia titles. I don't know of any new ones at the moment...
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

I'd take Dynasty Warriors over S:TW anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post

First off they false advertised: they claimed that the game put you into the shoes of a soldier you'd expect yourself to be controlling in the regular TW...in massive battles and skirmishes...yet, what was the game about? Being some Spartan guy and fighting hordes skeletons? Somewhat like a crappy God of War knock-off...yeah that's what it really was.

The graphics were terrible, the voice work was laughable, and the gameplay was repetitive and totally uninteresting IMO. Unless they TOTALLY change the gameplay and mindset there will NEVER be another "Total Warrior" game.

As for similar games...the big ones have already been said..God of War and the Prince of Persia titles. I don't know of any new ones at the moment...
    well everyone has they oppinions, as i think prince of persia was rubbish

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

I played Spartan before I got Rome TW so it seemed fairly novel at the time, each to their own I suppose. I loved those Prince of Persia games, the dark prince was crap though. Is there any game, other than Dynasty Warriors, that does let you fight as 1 man in a huge battle?
    "Éireann go deo"

Under the patronage of Rhah

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

I liked Spartan TW. Not bad. Mindless, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot View Post
    I'd take Dynasty Warriors over S:TW anyday.
    Agreed but Spartan Total Warrior was alright just to short and you could expect the same thing to happen over and over again.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Celt View Post
    Is there any game, other than Dynasty Warriors, that does let you fight as 1 man in a huge battle?
    Mount&Blade PC game.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Samurai Warriors lol its the same game but in feudal Japan instead of three kingdoms china
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post

Completely agree with the false ad, but they stayed in line with historical inaccuracy...i refer to this one as Spartan Total Letdown...
    "The strongest passions and most dangerous weaknesses of the human breast; ambition, avarice, vanity, the honorable or venal love of fame, are all in conspiracy against the desire and duty of peace." -J. Madison

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob View Post
    Samurai Warriors lol its the same game but in feudal Japan instead of three kingdoms china
    Hehe yeah there making a game now that combines the two.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Try out Titan Quest. Its a PC game (i think?) thats basicly Diablo2 set in ancient greece. Its ok if you like that type of game.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

I didn't like any of Prince of Persia - yoga games . The best one after ROme is Rise&Fall:Civilisations at war I believe .There you can play yourself in an enermous battle (not more than 20 minutes though ) .
    As for Spartan Total Warrior -is there a PC version for it ?
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

yeah i enjoyed rise and fall, i dont think you can play spartan tw on computer its just ps2 and xbox i think.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I like Spartan: Total Warrior, but I would rather the game be less about fantasy, and more about being like an ordinary soldier, trying to fight for his life in large battles, under the command of a General.

Good ideas for a sequal would be:

Celtic: Total Warrior, maybe be a Gaelic pirate conquering Caledonia from the Picts?

Viking: Total Warrior, be a Viking Raider, and raid, pillage, plunder your enemies across Europe.

Samurai: Total Warrior, be a Samurai in ancient or medieval Japan, you would have to fight for your king or lord.

Medieval: Total Warrior, be an Norman mercenary fighting for either the English or French in the Hundred years war.

i think i would prefer it to stay with the more anicent era

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast