Thread: Silent Hill

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Silent Hill

The recent talking about Resident Evil 5 got me sort of back in the "survival horror" game mindset and I was thinking about the Silent Hill games...

Are there any fans/players here?

I've only ever REALLY played Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams on the Xbox (haven't totally finished it yet either) and I've demoed Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room on the PC but the 3rd person view camera was unbearable on the PC for me.

I like the series (or what I've experienced of it so far) and I REALLY liked the film that came out in 2006 of it - it's probably one of the better game to film transitions out there.

Silent Hill always seemed like the more mature, frightening, etc survival horror game as compared to the Resident Evil series. While RE was straight up gore and zombie waves and shooting SH was more...methodical...more elusive in its true darker source. SH also has more of a emphasis on sound effects and music too which scares the hell outta me when I play Restless Dreams...

BTW during E3 they announced that there will be a Silent Hill V coming out sometime in 2008 on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Here's the main outline of what's been said concerning it.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Silent Hill

I wanted to get into Silent Hill starting from the original, but I can never find the games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Spartan View Post
    I wanted to get into Silent Hill starting from the original, but I can never find the games.
    Check ebay you can almost get anythink from there.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Yeah Ebay or Amazon...the original is only on the PS1 and I've only ever found it for $40+

The other games are pretty easy to find for PS2 (2,3,4), PC (3 & 4), and Xbox (2 & 4)
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!