Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I watch Inuyasha, which is pretty much anime for girls soo........

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Default Re: I watch Inuyasha, which is pretty much anime for girls soo........

I watch it after watching the Twilight Zone to clear my then troubled and paranoid mind
    I like Twilight Zone as well, I don't watch it much though. Does that show really scare you, I mean sure some episodes are strange, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    Samurai Champloo, mature ?
    It's still a Shonen, not a Seinen...
    MAture anime? Try, say, Monster...
    I have no idea what youre talking about, or what shonen or seinen are.

Any anime that tackles the issue of homosexuality with a straight face, seems pretty mature to me. Ghost in the Shell was pretty mature as well but I cant say I dig the whole sci-fi feel.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Like I just said above, y'all should try Elfen Lied if you want a dark and serious anime.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Like I just said above, y'all should try Elfen Lied if you want a dark and serious anime.
    I'm going to trust that and watch it, my friend says the same thing. I lost a bit of interest for recent animes. Whatever happened to the quality of 90's animes?
    Ghost in the shell? Akira? Ninja Scroll?

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

As long as you don't watch Naruto I'm fine with your sexual preferences.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori View Post
    I'm going to trust that and watch it, my friend says the same thing. I lost a bit of interest for recent animes. Whatever happened to the quality of 90's animes?
    Just don't get put off by the gratuitous killing in the first ten minutes of the series - everything in that anime has a point. There is little to almost none of the usual anime cliches.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    I have no idea what youre talking about, or what shonen or seinen are.
    SHonen Manga
    Seinen Manga
    Shojo Manga

Any anime that tackles the issue of homosexuality with a straight face, seems pretty mature to me.
    Err... If that was enough, every Shonen-Ai would be mature then ...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=159

Inuyasha is considered a Shounen here though it is entirely possible that it's aimed at both genders.

Samurai Champloo is still a Shounen but aimed at a older segment than e.g. Inuyasha. The difference of Seinen and Shounen is also not always apparent as it is more a marketing decision than an actual stylistic difference. Hell, I find it funny so why should I not watch it? That's basically what you should think about watching Inuyasha. If you like it then watch it.

It's not like the Simpsons were originally for adults but still everyone is watching them...
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

It matters how old you are. I watched Inuyasha when I was 12 or 13...

But it's just a matter of preference. You'll eventually grow out of it...

Thanatos, Elfen Lied is NASTY. I honestly really didn't need to see people getting their heads/arms/legs/other miscellaneous limbs torn off and blood gushing out everywhere. Do we even have that much blood? It was kind of unrealistic, but I guess that's why it's anime.

SHonen Manga
    Seinen Manga
    Shojo Manga

Err... If that was enough, every Shonen-Ai would be mature then ...
    I see, so that would make samurai champloo a....seinen? Because I'm 19 years old and I watch it. It seems really artistic and abstract to me at times, definitely anime for more mature audiences than inuyasha or dragon ball z or sailor moon.

or whatever the kids are watching these days. Is it still sailor moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    If you want something else dark and serious look at Vampire Hunter D, Lain, or Jin Roh.

I liked Akira, the three I mentioned above, FLCL, NG Evangelion, Samurai X (though the last movie episode I have to say is far better than anything in the series before it), Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina (which is totally not serious and very weird) and the Miyazaki movies, especially Naausica (and Kiki's Delivery Service, I'm not ashamed). I'm a dork sometimes.

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

Samurai Champloo, mature ?
    It's still a Shonen, not a Seinen...
    MAture anime? Try, say, Monster...
    Monster was very good indeed, one of the best and also the last i ever watched. i kinda lost interest in anime after that dunno why, i guess i grew out of it. though i enjoyed evangelion and all that stuf immensely for years

inae its not the visual violence in Elfen Lied that is the main issue in the anime ,sure its there but it is not all about wanton and horrific violence.
    Last edited by blueice; August 01, 2007 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    As long as you don't watch Naruto I'm fine with your sexual preferences.
    Noooooooooo! I hate the while Sasuke-kun thing with Ino-pig and Sakura the forehead girl though.

I wish there were more animes like Kenshin ...
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Gundam SEED. Those are the animes that I enjoy, they are generally more complex in plot than InuYasha, which I share BulletproofTurban's opinion about. It seems too... mindless for my taste.
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

definetly try cowboy bebop one of the best ever imo and akira was an 80s anime if i remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by inae View Post
    ...But it's just a matter of preference. You'll eventually grow out of it...
    or not...
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Am I the only one who doesn't like Anime

I know a girl who watches Inuyasha. But personally I can't stand anime, it's too annoying to me, I'd prefer the Sushi *drooling* that the Japanese have over of anime

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

I see, so that would make samurai champloo a....seinen? Because I'm 19 years old and I watch it.
    That you like it doesn't make it a Seinen, no more than my adoration of Eiichiro Oda turns One Piece into a Seinen either...
    The SC manga has been serialized in Shonen Ace...

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by blueice View Post
    definetly try cowboy bebop one of the best ever imo and akira was an 80s anime if i remember correctly

Yup 88 to be precise.
    I've watched parts of Cowboy bebop on TV and really liked it, I'll watch it too.

And aleady seen Elfen lied, it was OK, better than your average anime I guess(Awesome intro too btw), no masterpiece though.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Anime

I know a girl who watches Inuyasha. But personally I can't stand anime, it's too annoying to me, I'd prefer the Sushi *drooling* that the Japanese have over of anime
    Many of them nowdays are in fact irritating and anoying, but just like in any form of entertainment, you'll have to dig through all the **** to find the gold.
    Last edited by Hattori; August 02, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Quote Originally Posted by inae View Post
    It matters how old you are. I watched Inuyasha when I was 12 or 13...

But it's just a matter of preference. You'll eventually grow out of it...

Thanatos, Elfen Lied is NASTY. I honestly really didn't need to see people getting their heads/arms/legs/other miscellaneous limbs torn off and blood gushing out everywhere. Do we even have that much blood? It was kind of unrealistic, but I guess that's why it's anime.
    Did you even read my above post?!

I said that after the first ten minutes, that's all you really need to live through!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast