View Poll Results: What faction do you Dislike the most?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

4 4.55%
  • France

4 4.55%
  • Holy Roman Empire

5 5.68%
  • Scotland

3 3.41%
  • Denmark

3 3.41%
  • Spain

2 2.27%
  • Portugal

3 3.41%
  • Milan

28 31.82%
  • Venice

0 0%
  • Sicily

3 3.41%
  • Poland

5 5.68%
  • Hungary

7 7.95%
  • The Moors

1 1.14%
  • The Turks

13 14.77%
  • Egypt

1 1.14%
  • Byzantium

4 4.55%
  • Russia

2 2.27%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What faction do you dislike the most?

Default Re: What faction do you dislike the most?

They should eliminate Milan on SSS and perhaps portugal (i don't have anything against portugal but they weren't a powerfull nation untill the expansion era, wich is a few turns on the game).

I think that CA split good old "Italy" on Milan and Venice for historical rasons,and it worked 100% better with the unhistorical Italy as a faction that with this 2 ones : that show us that gameplay sometimes kicks history ass (and i love history so it is hard for me to say this).

Also this sucks becouse if they were to add 2 cities as factions, then they should have added alot of other MORE IMPORTANT factions, like kievan rus (wich is on SSS i know) Aragon (wich is also on SSS, thoug they should have replaced it with portugal, for medieval reasons) Burgundy , Switzerland, Bulgaria, Sweden, Ireland, Bohemia , and some north african muslim states, because the game REALLY needs more muslim and orthodox factions! (thoug im not asking 1000 factions like on Knights of Honor, that would be impossible on TW engine)

And if they were to add this many factions , they should also buff the important ones (hre, byz, turks) so that no stupid city named Milan takes over the powerfull kingdom of France and the Holy Roman Empire!!!!!

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

Milan & Venice, actually I don't like any of the Italian factions for some reason.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Looks like Milan is most hated.

I think in my next campaign of LTC I shall play as the HRE and make killing Milan my goal early on in game. Then I can actually sit back and enjoy myself and act like an international policeman keeping the rest of Europe in order.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Milan as an opponent, then the English.

Milan has an obsession with Marseille that is beyond perverse. No matter what mod or difficulty I play, they always attack Marseille. And to lay waste to their little Duchy I always risk being excommunicated, but it is worth it to sack and destroy the source of the scourge.

The English for obvious reasons.

Roshak's Avatar Senator

odd Thought I voted on it before. but there's no record of my post.

Denmark, in both my HRE and England campaigns those guys really annoyed the hell out of me.

And their roster of expensive units isn't to good in my opinion.

Apologies to Kalos in advance.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Milan because of Genoese Xbowmen and Turkey because it's Turkey.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

I still dont know is this Which one u dont like to play or which one is annouying enemy but i haven't played so much that i can say which faction i hate to play but as enemy... Grazias Milan u ar nomber 20 at my heart <3<3

(last one if u didn't get it lol)

IrAr's Avatar Senator

The Hungarian unit list is far too dull for my tastes. I doubt they were worked on as much as the other factions.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Which one is your most hated and despised faction in M2TW and why?

Hi all,

I've been playing Total War series for very long now and I've always wondered which one is my least favorite faction. Ok, I will start with ROME and it is Thracians. I just hate them so much. In the grand campaign they nearly defeated me. And they are so backstabing. In the RTR its the Macedonians. In the RTW:Barbarian Invasion its the Western Roman empire and the Huns. Backstabing and treachery, thats their calling card. In Alexander its obviously the Persians. In M2TW hmmmmm...........let me think, there is so many of them. But I think that Danes, Venetians, and the Milanese are on top of the list. Even their popes are against you. So, which one would be your most hated faction??

P.S. I haven't included Shogun, Mongol Invasion, Viking Invasion because I haven't played them for very long. As for the the Kingdoms I haven't started playing it yet. Its installed.

Anyway let me know what you have as your most hated enemy??

CHEERS

" huns, mongols, timurids are the scourge of GOD "

Default Re: Which one is your most hated and despised faction in M2TW and why?

I would say the Moors, the French and the Milanese are my most hated factions in Medieval 2.

The General burning, backstabbing & bigot Papacy.....very unholy behaviour sometimes.....

Viennese bug me, they keep killing my armies although I did take Venice so I suppose I had it coming!

They do make nice biscuits though, so that's good.

Milan and Scotland would have to tie. I despise Milan because of the Genoese Crossbowmen and the Italian Spear Militia and Scotland because they stupidly attack the main continent before eliminating England.

The Egyptians.
    I Conquer the Levantine coast and they just begin an War,even when we share the same Religion

Milan and their damnable crossbowmen. Not even the Timurids and their elephants annoy me as much as Milan and their full stacks of crossbowmen.

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

Milan and their damnable crossbowmen. Not even the Timurids and their elephants annoy me as much as Milan and their full stacks of crossbowmen.
    That makes two of us.
    I also hate Mongols.
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Mongols and Timurids are scary at first but when they have conquered a few cities and start to use more inexperienced units they are not too hard at all. Milan are very annoying because they usually end up conquering half the map (exaggeration, but still a pain in the arse).
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Indefinitely Banned

The Gypsies.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkrinbait View Post
    Viennese bug me, they keep killing my armies although I did take Venice so I suppose I had it coming!

They do make nice biscuits though, so that's good.
    Venetians

the Viennese are the inhabitants of Vienna in Austria (HRE). but if they were a faction a lot of austrians would have them on their no prisoners list for sure

besides that MILAN!!! (backstabbing son of cows and dogs...), the thing that stuns me most is that a lot of people still fall for their alliance offer, again and again and again...
    Last edited by Samir; October 30, 2007 at 01:06 PM.
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

I generally hate the Italians. Right now I'm playing as Aragon in SS 4.1, and MAN... Crusade called on Granada, and Sicily and Venice send crusaders to take the town. Leon-Castille and I wind up taking the city (they lost a battle and I lost a battle, but destroyed them enough to take the city next few turns).

Then the Crusaders decide my fortress at Valencia looks tasty, so they attack it and in waves, too-my Army is busy with Moors in the center of Iberia, and my long time allies Portugual also attack me, so right now I'm close to bankrupt and may have nothing but Palma soon as my Spanish East Coast is under attack from 4-5 other Nations... All thanks to those nasty Italians.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast