Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets?

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Pets?

Here's a picture of my black cat.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Dude your cats eyes and his pitch black fur make for such a cool contrast, or is it just the camera making his eyes look blue?

His fur is pitch black, but his eyes are actually bright golden yellow.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

I got five dogs.

All dachshunds.

4 females (Candy, Hershey, Abby, Penny)

1 Male (Chip)

Banned's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    4 females (Candy, Hershey, Abby, Penny)

1 Male (Chip)
    Wow, your male dog seems to be too lucky.

I have never had any pet but I would like to keep a wolf in my home.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

I knew someone was going to say something like that. But.....heh.....all my dogs are spayed and neutered.

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

I got a cat called Fish.

@Cluny: we had a couple of rats looking almost exactly like the ones you posted: Loki (the dark one) and Baldrick (the white one), but 3 weeks ago Baldrick died (both being 1 1/2 year old). Which is extremely sad since they were brothers and now Loki is very very sad and lonely. But you just can't get another rat and put them together, they wouldn't get used to another.

Vinegar (the dark one) was Salt's son - we introduced them after splitting Salt from his missus, Pepper (who the damned pet shop told us was a BOY). And according to my research at the time you can get them used to other rats - the thing to do is to be gradual, by first putting the new rat in a separate cage pressed up against the other one so they can learn each other's smell, and then putting them together after a week or so. They will inevitably fight as they sort out the leadership hierarchy and who is in charge (Salt did this to his own son who was only half his size at the time), but then they once that is settled they are fine.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

My cat.

First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

wonder is a 5 year old siberian husky germain shepherd mix. We rescued him from neglecting owners and damn was he skinny. He is just an absolute BUNNY!!! very cute. one eye is half brown half white and the other is all brown

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have two dogs, an about-middle-aged australian shepard and a 13 year old border collie/lab mix.
    The younger dog is food obsessed and enjoys fly hunting... in the house. He also can be quite annoying, ie jumping up on a table to eat the food if no one is in the room, standing right by the older dog when eating, waiting for him to drop food so he can eat it, and barking at a stranger who is long gone.
    The older dog used to like swimming, but he has arthritis now... Plus he is a senior in the dog world. He barks a lot, at so many things now. I believe his excessive barking is due to his age and how the younger dog has been annoying to him for years.

Then there's a whole bunch of rats belonging to my older sister. There are three boys who live together, all very large; one, who we call Bobo, is quite fat and the largest of all, feeling like two pounds or so
    Then there's the hermit, who is good with people but he is antisocial with other rats.

And a foster rat. She lives by herself for now.
    There's 9 other female rats, six of them unintentional. There are three adults of the 9, and one of them became pregnant after squeezing through a gap between the bars, and getting into the cage of the boy rats. She had 12 babies... Six were given to people who take great care of their rats (rat obsessed, with essentially a mansion for them). The other six live with their mother and the two other adults.

As a side note, her cage is now reinforced with chicken wire on the large gap, and three rooms, one staircase, and two doors away from the boy's cage. She's just very... excitable. She goes insane if she smells a male rat, and if she goes near one she tries to grab him or jump into his cage. That can't happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cúchulainn View Post
    My cat.

The first thing that popped into my mind was:

I ARE SERIOUS CAT. THIS AM SERIOUS THREAD.

4chan reference, for those who didn't know.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    The first thing that popped into my mind was:

I ARE SERIOUS CAT. THIS AM SERIOUS THREAD.

4chan reference, for those who didn't know.

Well my cat is very ****ing weird.

I mean look at her.

She is judging you.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    Vinegar (the dark one) was Salt's son - we introduced them after splitting Salt from his missus, Pepper (who the damned pet shop told us was a BOY). And according to my research at the time you can get them used to other rats - the thing to do is to be gradual, by first putting the new rat in a separate cage pressed up against the other one so they can learn each other's smell, and then putting them together after a week or so. They will inevitably fight as they sort out the leadership hierarchy and who is in charge (Salt did this to his own son who was only half his size at the time), but then they once that is settled they are fine.
    I see. But we'd need to find a rat of his age since I suppose he will be gone too this year, at 1.5 years... and then the new one will be alone.

@darkprophet: we had to do that too. Most of the roomier cages are designed for bigger species than rats, obviously.

I have two Dog's both border collies aged 4 & 10

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    There are three adults of the 9, and one of them became pregnant after squeezing through a gap between the bars, and getting into the cage of the boy rats. She had 12 babies... Six were given to people who take great care of their rats (rat obsessed, with essentially a mansion for them). The other six live with their mother and the two other adults.

As a side note, her cage is now reinforced with chicken wire on the large gap, and three rooms, one staircase, and two doors away from the boy's cage. She's just very... excitable. She goes insane if she smells a male rat, and if she goes near one she tries to grab him or jump into his cage. That can't happen now.
    I wish I could meet more human females gagging for it that badly.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Here's a picture of my black cat.

That looks like Mr. Mistof actually let's compare:

Hmm my mistake. He's got shorter hair and greener eyes.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by joerd9
    @darkprophet: we had to do that too. Most of the roomier cages are designed for bigger species than rats, obviously.
    Yeah, it must be done for the large cages if you want your rats to have lots of room. Unless the rats are large fat males. The three male rats in the room I'm in right now are too large to squeeze through the cage they are in, which is actually meant for ferrets54
    Especially Bobo, who feels like he is twice the weight of his roommates of equal age.

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Yeah, it must be done for the large cages if you want your rats to have lots of room. Unless the rats are large fat males. The three male rats in the room I'm in right now are too large to squeeze through the cage they are in, which is actually meant for ferrets54
    Especially Bobo, who feels like he is twice the weight of his roommates of equal age.
    Yeah, the boys tend to get fat. But I just can't say 'no' ...

They just aren't as active as the females, and they love eating too much... They have a wheel, and they used to use it. Now they prefer sleeping.
    And that is why my sisters and I prefer female rats.

We like more active animals. Both of my dogs went to agility (the 13 year old when he was younger obviously) and enjoyed catching balls and frisbees. The girl rats can be entertaining, such as their attempts to climb the walls or people's legs, and playing with a plastic water bottle because they see the water splashing around inside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast