Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Murmurs from the future - TW5 Rumours [aka 'Oh...my...dear...GOD!']

Default Re: Murmurs from the future - TW5 Rumours [aka 'Oh...my...dear...GOD!']

R2TW FTW!!!

Let's hope this is true, R2TW on a new engine! W0ot!

Just imagine how it would be, so realistic your eyes won't blink! I can imagine cloth physics, limbs being chopped off, proper wind physics...oh and so much more!

R2TW!!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: Oh...my...dear...GOD!

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Roman era is the most fascinating for me and i love it since i played Centurion 15 years ago. R2TW would be awesome.

CA: do it! :-)

If you don't know what's Centurion, here's a little screenie for you guys:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...er_of_Rome.gif
    Definitely remember that one! Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Rome 2

Medieval 3

Napoleonic stuff

Ice Age

Anything with gunpowder

Anything with nothing but clubs

something with scuta and pila
    Just fixed one thing from ur orginal post

I have never played Shogun Total War but samurais and katanas and all that crap sounds so much fun !

so

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Lol Not a R2TW on a new engine forget that. If you want a new engine then u can sit and wait for R2TW for the next 2-3 years lol.

I think and hope that they remake M2TW, change the textures and skins... and just reedit everything and do like a supreme roman era mod for m2tw. With some small improvements. Like fixing all the bugs that are in m2tw 1.2 ... and have a r2tw build on it.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    Lol Not a R2TW on a new engine forget that. If you want a new engine then u can sit and wait for R2TW for the next 2-3 years lol.

I think and hope that they remake M2TW, change the textures and skins... and just reedit everything and do like a supreme roman era mod for m2tw. With some small improvements. Like fixing all the bugs that are in m2tw 1.2 ... and have a r2tw build on it.
    Simply wrong. You don't know how CA works:

While making MTW (using an improved Shogun engine), they allready developed the RTW engine.

While making RTW and M2TW (using the improved RTW engine), the were developing the new game's engine. Infact, that engine's developement started years ago, so.

So, you can be sure the next game will use a new engine.

That's how they work, and it's most effective.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Yeah it would be awesome to have R2TW like a 2nd expansion of M2TW (with more bugs fixed and polished game overall)
    and then completely new total war game (in 2-3 years) on brand new engine on a different that of medieval or rome era that includes naval battles too
    It would be mind blowing, that's my dream baby!
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; July 30, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

I know that they work on engines a long time. Thats not what I mean. (You'll have to wait atleast 2 years for the new engine im sure)

But I was saying that this leak, R2TW could also be a weird kind of expansion over m2tw.

"There is a chance that he could be another expansion pack"
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6594&Itemid=9

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Frigus View Post
    Simply wrong. You don't know how CA works:

While making MTW (using an improved Shogun engine), they allready developed the RTW engine.

While making RTW and M2TW (using the improved RTW engine), the were developing the new game's engine. Infact, that engine's developement started years ago, so.

So, you can be sure the next game will use a new engine.

That's how they work, and it's most effective.

K.K
    An I surely hope whe shall see huge sea battles in the future...or at least have some...even tiny ones perhaps? That's what I would love to have included.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

I know that they work on engines a long time. Thats not what I mean. (You'll have to wait atleast 2 years for the new engine im sure)

But I was saying that this leak, R2TW could also be a weird kind of expansion over m2tw.

"There is a chance that he could be another expansion pack"
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6594&Itemid=9
    "...but I think we’re talking full-fledged sequel here."

Yeah, I get what you mean, still, I doubt it.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Whatever it turns out to be ... its 50/50 ... or actually its 0 because this might not be true. But just hope that a R2TW is on its way.

madscientist22's Avatar Tiro
    University of Southern California, California, USA

RTW was a great game but I want a new map for the Grand Campaign!! Also, I am not sure if they make R2TW, it will have the same 'feel' as RTW. For example, M2TW just didn't have the 'dark feel' of MTW and that kind of spoiled both games for me. I can't play MTW after seeing the graphics of M2TW and I can't play M2TW without missing the dark feel that surrounded MTW....

I'd like to see something more along the lines of what Broken Crescent is doing but further East, including China and more of India etc..
    Intel Core i7 920
    Asus P6T Deluxe X58
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB
    OCZ Gold (3x1GB) DDR3 1600

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I think it is too soon for them to be making a Rome II: Total War. In all fairness, they should instead make a sequal to Shogun: Total War, the first Total War game, which has not had a sequal yet. A Shogun II would be cool. It would focus on Medieval Japanese history, or they can also have other parts of East Asia in it as well!

A Napoleon: Total War would be cool too, but I prefer periods earlier than the Modern Age.

Why is it needed? Rome just came out in 2004! Its not outdated yet as most RTS coming have graphics not nearly as good as Rome's. I doubt CA would ever do that. MTW2 didnt sell as well as RTW so why would they redo one of their games again? I thought they were leaning towards the Renaissance or Englightenment. Or maybe they are leaning towards a business failure......

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

commoon CA! please Come out and say is it true or not ?

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

Are there any other old timers out there that have been playing since shogun that are sickened by the very thought of Rome 2 being the next game?

So the sequence would be:

-Medieval
    -Rome
    -Medieval
    -Rome

And you all are happy about this? And I guess you'll be happy when Medieval3 is announced after Rome 2 comes out?

CLICKY

Am i only one who loves medieval times

I just love the knights and early gunpowder and crusades and cannons especially !

Boo if it is RTW II,

RTW BI Modded with Rome Total Realism or EB or any of the other great mods is just as good a game or even better than MTW II, there is no need for it. (I'm a classical history fan as well, so I'm not biased against an ancient Rome/Greece game - but for now I think RTW, RTW BI, RTW Alexander, and RTW + all the mods covers it pretty well already).

Give me Muskets and Artillery please.

Vive L'Empereur!

I personally would be glad for R2TW. Or M3TW (im not joking, that would be my favourite choice).

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Lets hope that the "follow along to Rome" is something set between Roman & Medieval era, maybe somewhere between the 5th and 10th centuries. I think that would be really cool if they do it right. Forget the Mongols, imagine fighting off the Vikings and Muslims.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast