Thread: Xbox 360 blues and rebuilding my PS2 collection

Default Xbox 360 blues and rebuilding my PS2 collection

Let me start by telling you a story. A few months ago, I decided that I'd stick with my PC and PS2 in the new age of consoles, at least for a couple of years while the prices went down. However, when the chance came of buying an Xbox 360 from someone for £100, the offer couldn't be refused. Pretty soon I had sold my slimline PS2, and kept my big original PS2 because 1) it has little value and 2) If anything happened to the Xbox 360 (which it did) I'd have the PS2 for backup. I also sold many of my games, holding on to only a few, such as the LOTR hack and slash games, the GTA series, the Lego Star Wars series, and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

The PS2 went mainly ignored (with the exception of Battlefront 2) and I played on the Xbox 360 instead of it. However, the Xbox 360 started displaying the red circle of death, and after careful deliberation, I had to throw the main thing out and sell the accesories (the warranty had run out by a month ).

The moral of the story is never to put full trust into the damn next generation consoles. Damn them.

Anyway, concerning everyone, I wish to rebuild my PS2 game collection, and I'll need to do it soon because my local game stores are giving up more and more store space to the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. Can anyone recommend some good PS2 games, preferrably ones that have been out for a while so I can get them at very cheap prices?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: Xbox 360 blues and rebuilding my PS2 collection

You do realise that you got a 3 year warranty on the Xbox right ??

It wasn't my Xbox 360, the person had owned it since the day it came out and was forced to sell it a few months ago to pay off debts and Microsoft have only extended the warranty recently.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter The Conquerer View Post
    However, the Xbox 360 started displaying the red circle of death, and after careful deliberation, I had to throw the main thing out and sell the accesories.
    You what?!

Exactly how carefully did you deliberate on this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter The Conquerer View Post
    The moral of the story is never to put full trust into the damn next generation consoles. Damn them.
    Like the PS2 had a great reliability record...
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

even if it wasnt yours the warranty still covered your console i think.. you just had to provide a proof of purchase then they would send you a box and you would send it back to them

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

The only advice I can give you is:

Buy Shadow of the Colossus. It is so good.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Yeah...that was kind of stupid to throw the thing out...the warranty was increased by 3 years and like has been stated - even if you hadn't originally bought it just use the proof of purchase or whatever.

Next concerning your PS2 question...some good titles I owned/came across when I still owned my PS2 (which I got rid of but then have decided to purchase one again haha) were the following (if I can remember...)
    - Metal Gear Solid 2
    - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    - Ace Combat 4
    Actually that's all I can remember...I had more though. Some ones you should buy are Ace Combat 5, Metal Gear Solid 3, God of War, God of War II, all three GTA games (III, Vice City, and San Andreas), Resident Evil 4 (I haven't played it but I hear it's the BEST), the Devil May Cry games too. I don't know too much about which racing and sport games are the best but I loved Need For Speed: Underground (I and II) and you can't go wrong with Madden for football. You also can't go wrong with the other Prince of Persia games and the Splinter Cell/Hitman series if you're into 3rd person shooter/stealth games.

By now ALL PS2 titles are pretty cheap...Amazon is a haven for mad cheap 6th gen console titles, I just picked up MGS3 for like 5 bucks.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

yer I got resi 4 its amazing lol best of em all I think!

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

Pro Evo 6!!!

its the bomb
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Indefinitely Banned

Microsoft will reimburse you for it.
    Oh and Grimsta, why have you got the "dancing rude-boy" image as avatar?

Shadow of the Colossus
    God of War 1 & 2
    Metal Gear Solid 2 :Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
    Ico
    GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas
    Resident Evil 4
    Final Fantasy 10
    Okami
    Killzone

Yeah thats pretty much it, my favorite games anyway.
    I myself haven't actually played my Xbox360 since December of last year!
    Which is when Rainbow Six: Vegas came out.
    Completed it, put back in its case, havn't played it since.
    Played Oblivion to death, got sick of it. Same as Gears of War and Ghost recon.

I'll probably turn it back on when GTA4 and Halo 3 come out.

I forgot to mention that it wouldn't stop displaying the red circle of death, and I got it fixed once, but a week or so later it began displaying the red circle of death again. The second time they revealed to me that the whole motherboard had screwed up. I pretty much got the £100 back through selling the accesories. The games I had for it were PGR 3, Saints Row, GRAW 2, and Moto GP 06.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations, I've seen some of them for cheap prices already.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

then you send it back to MS, then they send you a new one...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

If you tried to fix it yourself then you were pretty much screwed, because they will just ship it back to you if they find it's been tampered with.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince