Thread: Please help me about XGM

Default Please help me about XGM

Hello all!

I play XGM dor some time now and it really goes on my nerve that I have to pay ridicioulus amounts of money for army upkeep, ex. archer 450, slinger 350( I must pay for their stones, it is very hard to get stones, almost impossible and don't forget slingers great shining big glorius metal armour....)

Is it a way to reduce it( I know about editing) , to dload from somewhere some mod...

thx for any help

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Decanus

Default Re: Please help me about XGM

I am guessing that as the upkeep is high maybe the general income has been increased too so maybe editting it would be pointless as it will mess up the orginal mod balencing.

Quote Originally Posted by msTubbZ View Post
    I am guessing that as the upkeep is high maybe the general income has been increased too so maybe editting it would be pointless as it will mess up the orginal mod balencing.
    thx for reply

Hmmm, I don't belive it is increased... All cities are in - in begginig so I must disband my best troops if wanna make profit...

Leonidas

just disband most of your expensive units which are in the centre of your empire and just put some rubbish cheap units in there and keep your good units constantly fighting, other wise you will lose alot of money on upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasOfSparta View Post
    Hello all!

I play XGM dor some time now and it really goes on my nerve that I have to pay ridicioulus amounts of money for army upkeep, ex. archer 450, slinger 350( I must pay for their stones, it is very hard to get stones, almost impossible and don't forget slingers great shining big glorius metal armour....)

Is it a way to reduce it( I know about editing) , to dload from somewhere some mod...

thx for any help

Leonidas
    There is no mod that i know of that you can download to reduce unit costs in a specific mod. Who would spend time doing such a thing as creating a mod that implements a "universal system" of unit costs?; when unit costs and a bunch of other things are taken into account when trying to "balance" each individual mod. I've played XGM and didn't find their upkeep costs high at all. If you think those are high -- you should try EB.

You'll just have to do it the old fashion way friend and edit the stat cost line in the edu, if it's something that really bothers you.

I dont think the upkeep in xgm is ridiculous tbh however if you want to change it the only way to do so would be manually editing the EDU, be aware however that it will totally destroy the balance of the camapign and make it significantly easier.

OK THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH FOR HELP!

LOOKS LIKE THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE.... AND XYOHOS LOL I KNOW TO DISBAND UNITS LOL

LEONIDAS

lol i was giving advise on which units to disband, not teaching you how to do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by ][Xyphos][ - Lee View Post
    lol i was giving advise on which units to disband, not teaching you how to do it lol
    NO PROBLEM LOL I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE THINKING I JUST SAID IT IN THE WRONG WAY, BUT U SEE THAT'S PROBLEM I DISBAND ALL MY UNITS IN MIDDLE OF EMPIRE AND BUILD PEASANTS BUT I WANT POWERFUL UNITS IN THE FRONT , I MEAN I CAN HAVE THEM BUT AT REALLY GREAT EXPENSE.

I MEAN CHECK SLINGERS , 350??!!! WTF?

I NEED TO PAY FOR STONES WICH ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MANTAIN.

REGARDS
    LEONIDAS

Primicerius

I also play XGM and find no problem with the upkeep. Just use the beginning troops to capture new lands. i.e. Greece stack in Athens and Spartan Royal Guard in Sparta team up to capture Corinth and you should be on your way. Thrace should use their stack to capture Byzantium and the others in Naissus to capture Singidinum. (etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    I also play XGM and find no problem with the upkeep. Just use the beginning troops to capture new lands. i.e. Greece stack in Athens and Spartan Royal Guard in Sparta team up to capture Corinth and you should be on your way. Thrace should use their stack to capture Byzantium and the others in Naissus to capture Singidinum. (etc.)

THX FOR HELP AND NO OFFENSE AND ALL THAT BUT YOU ARE STARTING TO TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY... I DON'T HAVE PROBS WITH UPKEEP JUST SAY THAT IT IS TO HIGH.

****ING SLINGERS COST 350?!

EX THAT

LEONIDAS

I don't see the problem with the upkeep tbh, the upkeep cost is the amount it is for gameplay reason's and not for realism. XGM has a different economic model than vanilla and the upkeep cost's are an integral part of that, it also encourages more balanced armies which is good.
    I really would recommend not altering the upkeep cost of unit's as this will have a knock on effect on the rest of the campaign unless you also alter the whole economic setup(a lot of work). If it's not to your taste perhaps another mod would suit you better.
    Anyway best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Decanus

Icon6 Re: Please help me about XGM

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasOfSparta View Post

THX FOR HELP AND NO OFFENSE AND ALL THAT BUT YOU ARE STARTING TO TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY... I DON'T HAVE PROBS WITH UPKEEP JUST SAY THAT IT IS TO HIGH.

****ING SLINGERS COST 350?!

EX THAT

LEONIDAS
    why ask a question then when someone tries to help you you just have a go at there answer as if you already know the answer. obviously the model for the recruitment, income and outgoings (economy) is balenced to the makes tastes. You can see this in the attack and defence stats in some mods where they are like 20 or 30 for basic units, this is not wrong or ott its just how they made it. Also people spend ages balencing it for how they believe it will work best and with all the releases XGM has had i am sure they have got it right now...

Quote Originally Posted by msTubbZ View Post
    why ask a question then when someone tries to help you you just have a go at there answer as if you already know the answer. obviously the model for the recruitment, income and outgoings (economy) is balenced to the makes tastes. You can see this in the attack and defence stats in some mods where they are like 20 or 30 for basic units, this is not wrong or ott its just how they made it. Also people spend ages balencing it for how they believe it will work best and with all the releases XGM has had i am sure they have got it right now...
    I don't meant anything like that.... I'm very grateful for help!

Yeah but will somebody take a look at SLINGERS ( UPK 350) AND ARCHERS 450... that's what I dont like...

thx for help

Leonidas

Primicerius

If you have any issues with XGM, try posting them in the XGM forum, then the creators of the mod can take a look at them and evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    If you have any issues with XGM, try posting them in the XGM forum, then the creators of the mod can take a look at them and evaluate.
    thx for advice