Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Youtube video on Abortion and article

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Youtube video on Abortion and article

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Well the number one big problem with that is:

Not all of us are Christians or believe in saving sex for marriage, so we're going to have sex outside of marriage. I love how you try and portray people who have sex outside of marriage as just going around having sex everywhere. Some do yes, but most of us mainly have sex when in loving relationships.

Oh, and condoms are only 97% effective(99% with spermicide), so what happens with the 3%(1%) of failures?

"Sorry, you took precautions and were careful but this time they didn't work, so you're stuck with a child".
    Guess what's 100% effective......abstinence.
    One mistake can **** up your life. But of course, there is abortion to fix that mistake.

And did you notice that the save sex for marriage was the last option...huh?

There are other ways to show love in a relationship, that doesn't require sex.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well i'm not about to ignore my sex drive, or deny myself one of the greatest pleasures in life. There will always be people having sex, you cannot stop us from doing it, the sexual instict is one of the strongest in humans. I take precautions as well during sex and always use a condom, but like i said there is the possibility they can fail

When talking about adoption you cannot pretend that everyone will abstain from sex until marriage - it just ain't going to happen.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

yeah and you can do those too, abstinance is an absurd idea that goes completely against human biology. the idea that sex is for mariage :slaphead:

also the idea that the posibility of an abortion means people go around being promiscuous...wtf!
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by wandervogel View Post
    Maybe the third time will be charmed. Using your logic I should then be able to kill your mother because that is my choice as well? Yes or no?
    No again for the thrid time you can do whatever you want as long as it does not interfere with the happiness of others barring drugs

if you killed my mother even if it bought you happiness you would be deining her happiness

seriously how much more to you want to me to spell it out i me this is the second time i spelled out the persice reasoning behind why you can't just walk up and kill someone

a few cells don't have brain activity thus can't be happy

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    It should be legal, but highly regulated. Abortions should only be performed in the first trimester and no later.
    agreed - except in medical reasons then after the first trimester should be permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    One mistake can **** up your life. But of course, there is abortion to fix that mistake.

And did you notice that the save sex for marriage was the last option...huh?

I don't want to get married. Never will. I will screw hot girls though.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Goes to show that the lot of you are thinking with your other head.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Your telling me that you wouldn't have sex before marriage kev-o? This isn't 1775, people are going to have sex, and lots of it, before they get married. Why should I have to wait until I am married, which could take until I am thirty, to loose my virginity? I didn't wait around, I lost mine at sixteen, I am not about to be the forty year old virgin. BTW Have you ever had sex kev-o? If you have then you would realize there is no way you can tell people to avoid it untill they are married.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Your telling me that you wouldn't have sex before marriage kev-o? This isn't 1775, people are going to have sex, and lots of it, before they get married. Why should I have to wait until I am married, which could take until I am thirty, to loose my virginity? I didn't wait around, I lost mine at sixteen, I am not about to be the forty year old virgin. BTW Have you ever had sex kev-o? If you have then you would realize there is no way you can tell people to avoid it untill they are married.
    Yeah, and people having sex as many times and getting pregnant is what is causing our morals to go to hell.

Yes I would wait until I am married. A lot of my friends would to. Both girls and guys I know would wait. Even my friends who are in relationships say they love their boy / girlfriend and will wait until marriage. We want to build up our lives first, go to school, get a good job, and build a foundation on which you can support yourself and a future family.

Before I fully enter this debate, I am curious as to what makes some one human? At what point do we go from a bunch of cells to a person? I would love to hear what some of the pro-choice people think.
    Under the Patronage of Marshal Qin

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

Quote Originally Posted by drugpimp View Post
    Before I fully enter this debate, I am curious as to what makes some one human? At what point do we go from a bunch of cells to a person? I would love to hear what some of the pro-choice people think.
    When we're fully self aware?...well, that WOULD work except it would exclude babies up to a few months, people in really bad vegetative states, etc. Damn, I almost had it.

that depends on how you define a human. biologically a foetus wouldn't have all the required features of a homo sapien for some time in the womb and each foetus will develop at a different rate. of course it is a human foetus but is it a human. the foetus has all its organs around 8 weeks but still isnt fully formed, 3 months is when it develops brain activity although this isnt constant till up to 30 weeks.
    if self awarness is the definintion then babies who have been born are not humans but dolphins and orgutans are.
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    if self awarness is the definintion then babies who have been born are not humans but dolphins and orgutans are.
    Better yet, when does a baby become self aware? Does self aware also mean comprehension? When does an infant child begin to comprehend anything?

Better yet, when does a baby become self aware? Does self aware also mean comprehension? When does an infant child begin to comprehend anything?
    the problem as a whole is that mental capacity is a bit of an uncertain field to base a set idea on, ie when do you become human. i think brain activity is a good factor because that shows that a foetus has begun to develop its own individuality beyond just being a part of its mother, of course that isnt fully developed until just before birth and i disagree with late term abortions is most cases. personally brain activity and being fully formed as a human would be my definition, which is probably somewhere around the current 20 week limit. also this is the period at which beyond 20 weeks some very premature babies have survived yet before this it is nigh on impossible, which seems a good indication that you definately have a human on your hands
    Adopted by Ferrets54

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345