Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Youtube video on Abortion and article

Default Re: Youtube video on Abortion and article

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41
    Guess what? I'm pro-life too. I would utterly disown anyone in my family if they did an abortion. But thats because they are in my family.

But who says what I think it right should be imposed on others?

Well, we're here to discuss. I'm trying to point what I, IMHO, find wrong in my view, and it's up to the forum members if they take what's posted in these boards for right or wrong.

The way I see it, is yes a fetus is alive, and growing. That much is fact, so what is the word used, describing the ending of life? Killing right? Abortion is killing, but theres no way to stop a woman who wants one from having one. If it was illegal she'd just use a coat hanger and put herself at risk too. And yes, this also means that no matter what the father thinks, if the woman does not want the baby then it's not gonna happen. This is one matter in life, at least, where the women hold the power over the men.
    Does this mean that if I don't like you, or I don't want you to exist, then I have the right to kill you?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Of course but the sprem's purpose is to die or get to the egg, and it is normal and natural for millions to die. A fetus is designed to grow and ventually be born, and not designed to die. Killing is killing no matter how inconsequential the organism is, but like I said I am pro choice.
    ok how about all the cells that make up a Appendix there design to do nothing if you take it out they die is that murder?

Quote Originally Posted by wandervogel View Post
    I don't completely understand your question, though it seems you are making in argument for how there are some ideologies/beliefs that don't force their ideas upon others. My argument, as I've stated before, is that any and all beliefs, ideas, worldviews, religions, etc., etc. -- when enacted as law -- necessarily force themselves upon others in a society that don't believe in them. Sometimes this happens directly, sometimes indirectly, but it is always the case.

Are you Being Force to go to the Abortion clinic and Abort your/or your wife(s) baby

Yes or no
    Last edited by Shaun; July 31, 2007 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talbaz View Post
    Are you Being Force to go to the Abortion clinic and Abort your/or your wife(s) baby

Yes or no
    I still don't quite understand the question, but I will bite! No.

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

I would never accept abortion as an option, and neither would me girlfriend, so no.
    congrats you just made a choice are you glad your aloud to do that thank god you live in America where you get to choices

and you didn't have someone else opinion forced on to you

Edit:lol qouted before the edit
    btw editing for spelling is ok but completely rewording you anwser is consider rude
    Last edited by Talbaz; July 30, 2007 at 08:21 PM.

congrats you just made a choice are you glad your aloud to do that thank god you live in America where you get to choices
    Using this logic I should then be able to kill your mother because that is my choice as well? Yes or no?

and you didn't have someone else opinion forced on to you

Edit:lol qouted before the edit
    btw editing for spelling is ok but completely rewording you anwser is consider rude
    I didn't know, but according to your relativist system of morals I could just kill anyone and disobey the law as it pleases me. Just because "Nobody has the right" to impose things on me !

Society needs to impose basic rules unless the goal is to have an anarchy that will end in more oppression than those crying for freedom would like.

As for the pro-choicers who use the right of the mothers, I can argue their arguments are flawed. The fertilized egg is a lifeform, a human both in name and practice; while they might still not look like a grown up human, they're already basic humans themselves. Just because they're still in an early stage of life, doesn't mean we can kill them; by this reasoning I would kill children too, just because they just "aren't" like grown up people, so they don't deserve to live.

The woman has no choice, and great! Because if we applied the flawed logic of "mother's rights" then I could kill everyone too, just because I don't like them or they disturb my life. If a woman likes a promiscuous lifestyle, then she might very well go to the nearest store and buy a couple of contraceptives. That she has the right to do; but to let something into her womb just to kill it while it's alive and in development, it's just perverse and should be illegal. Can the foetus, "the parasite", stop the mother and decide to live? No! It's defenseless, and the mother wants to kill it just because she finds it "incovenient". You know, this has a name: Murder.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

Using this logic I should then be able to kill your mother because that is my choice as well? Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius Cicero View Post
    I didn't know, but according to your relativist system of morals I could just kill anyone and disobey the law as it pleases me. Just because "Nobody has the right" to impose things on me !

Society needs to impose basic rules unless the goal is to have an anarchy that will end in more oppression than those crying for freedom would like.

As for the pro-choicers who use the right of the mothers, I can argue their arguments are flawed. The fertilized egg is a lifeform, a human both in name and practice; while they might still not look like a grown up human, they're already basic humans themselves.Just because they're still in an early stage of life, doesn't mean we can kill them; by this reasoning I would kill children too, just because they just "aren't" like grown up people, so they don't deserve to live.

The woman has no choice, and great! Because if we applied the flawed logic of "mother's rights" then I could kill everyone too, just because I don't like them or they disturb my life. If a woman likes a promiscuous lifestyle, then she might very well go to the nearest store and buy a couple of contraceptives. That she has the right to do; but to let something into her womb just to kill it while it's alive and in development, it's just perverse and should be illegal. Can the foetus, "the parasite", stop the mother and decide to live? No! It's defenseless, and the mother wants to kill it just because she finds it "incovenient". You know, this has a name: Murder.

sorry no again a few cell don't make a person where as a late term or grown up person you by killing them denied them happiness which is breaking the law

and no a few cell are NOT A PERSON when killing sperm(having sex) or taking out Appendixes are illegal we will talk till then NO

sorry no again a few cell don't make a person where as a late term or grown up person you by killing them denied them happiness which is breaking the law

and no a few cell are NOT A PERSON when killing sperm(having sex) or taking out Appendixes are illegal we will talk till then NO
    Would you please write respecting the rules of grammar? You know, it's so easier to understand what you mean!

"Few cells don't make a person". Sorry, a baby doesn't make an adult, so kill him. He is not a person anyway ! A fertilized egg can be considered a human being, and is programmed to develop and has the means to do so. Just like children.

Let's try that again. Using this logic I should then be able to kill your mother because that is my choice as well? Yes or no?

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I think abortions should be judged on a case-by-case basis. If the woman had sex, she shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion. If she was raped, she should be allowed to have an abortion.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendylyn View Post
    Then you aren't familiar with history. Back-alley abortions caused MANY deaths before abortion was legalized.

No **** sherlock. I was talking about if abortion was made illegal again. Don't speak until ye have seen ALL the posts.

umm that doesn't anwser the question put to you am looking for a yes or a no
    Congratulations on your attempt to turn the blurriest field of grey into a matter of black and white.

Yes or no sucks.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    No **** sherlock. I was talking about if abortion was made illegal again. Don't speak until ye have seen ALL the posts.
    Dude... In the hypothetical that abortion is illegalized, back-alley abortions with coathangers will be back in fashion.

You specifically stated finding people making illegal abortions through doctors and medical equipment. I specifically stated that no, you cannot track all abortions by doctors and equipment due to the coathanger phenomenon (granted, very tongue-in-cheek). And then you replied with how dangerous it is and that it wouldn't be popular....

Except history shows that it's been popular when it was illegal. I'm left making an o_O face to your post.

Miscommunication exists on one of our ends.

chemicals make abortions even illegal ones much safer than ever gwen--- there are a host of baby killin drugs one can take.

as long as people have been alive guess what, there have been terminations of unwanted pregnancy, and you know its usually for the same reasons today

e.g. no support, no sustainability, no resources--if any of these things apply termination of an unborn child was an obvious and considered action; commonly done in every corner of the world godless and not.

unborn children are only valuable if raised in stable environs, and given a healthy life. If a family cannot provide the proper kind of care for a child to grow into a responsible citizen then they should have the option of saving themselves and the child the hardships--- you see its the choice of whoever is bringing the child into the world as it is the right of the family to raise a child however it chooses it is also the right of that family to terminate the child before it becomes truely aware, and a thinking being.

If you contend that the fetus is a thinking being I contend that you know nothing about biology---you dont even form proper memory function and awareness until 4 or 5 years of age--technically a child is not a human being until it is fully self aware--- which comes as late as the teens for some and as early as 4 or 5 for others.

so technically we should be able to abort up to 18 years post birth :O -- jk

seriously wrong or not its not anyones damn decision save for the carrier of the being to be born, if the woman is unwilling to host the child then she has the right to remove the collection of cells that will be known as human child--- doesnt matter if its wrong or right--- its just not anyones choice but theirs.
    Last edited by Chaigidel; July 30, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Congratulations on your attempt to turn the blurriest field of grey into a matter of black and white.

Yes or no sucks.
    i ask a yes or no question early in the thread he didn't awnser jeez till later

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius Cicero View Post

"Few cells don't make a person". Sorry, a baby doesn't make an adult, so kill him. He is not a person anyway ! A fertilized egg can be considered a human being, and is programmed to develop and has the means to do so. Just like children.
    a fertilized cell is not human yes it is capable to grow in to any other cell in your body but so is a fat cell is a fat cell a human being? no its not and the egg like the fat cell does not have the mean to develop on it own it need mineral and protein and other chemicals just like the said fat cell but again the fat cell is not human and niether is the egg

Let's try that again. Using this logic I should then be able to kill your mother because that is my choice as well? Yes or no?
    and you have seem to have miss the post about the fac that as a fully grown person capeable of brain activity has the right to happiness by kill said person you are mess with there right to happiness which you can't do you have the right to do whatever you like as long as it doesn't hurt maim or interfere with someone else happiness beside drugs and other thing like that

Edit: and on the grammer comment i type really fast and having to go back and proof read for period and stuff is hard i try to do spelling and words i forgot and commas but with the human mind being able to automatic put peroids where you need when your read something so i figure i don't need'em

Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    chemicals make abortions even illegal ones much safer than ever gwen--- there are a host of baby killin drugs one can take.

as long as people have been alive guess what, there have been terminations of unwanted pregnancy, and you know its usually for the same reasons today

e.g. no support, no sustainability, no resources--if any of these things apply termination of an unborn child was an obvious and considered action; commonly done in every corner of the world godless and not.

unborn children are only valuable if raised in stable environs, and given a healthy life. If a family cannot provide the proper kind of care for a child to grow into a responsible citizen then they should have the option of saving themselves and the child the hardships--- you see its the choice of whoever is bringing the child into the world as it is the right of the family to raise a child however it chooses it is also the right of that family to terminate the child before it becomes truely aware, and a thinking being.

If you contend that the fetus is a thinking being I contend that you know nothing about biology---you dont even form proper memory function and awareness until 4 or 5 years of age--technically a child is not a human being until it is fully self aware--- which comes as late as the teens for some and as early as 4 or 5 for others.

so technically we should be able to abort up to 18 years post birth :O -- jk

seriously wrong or not its not anyones damn decision save for the carrier of the being to be born, if the woman is unwilling to host the child then she has the right to remove the collection of cells that will be known as human child--- doesnt matter if its wrong or right--- its just not anyones choice but theirs.
    to help back these up see netherthal which we have evidence that make us think that if they couldn't handle a baby being a drain the resrouces of the commuinty they would just kill it so the greater commuinty survive
    Last edited by Shaun; July 31, 2007 at 04:13 AM.

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    Self-induced abortion will never be as safe as going to a doctor for a legalized one - indeed, without medical supervision, the fatality rate will skyrocket in comparison. There's a number of women who are hospitalized for overdosing on their birth control, believing it will abort their baby. Any early term abortion drug will cause major complications from misuse when not doctor prescribed for age and body-weight, and I call foul on any claim of a safe late (after 8 weeks) term abortion drug.

And that's ignoring all the women who don't have access to prenatal care or even health insurance in the first place. I suppose people who don't know anything about medicine are going to magically find drugs when the stairwell works plenty fine. Hell, stairwells and asking boyfriends to punch them in the stomach is still a method of abortion (albeit illegal) used today in the US.

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

once there that girl that had her boyfriend hit her with bat last year because she didn't want here parent to find out

the fact of the matter is if you look up who is getting abortion or trying too and do reserach you fine out the 2 highest group are poor women or young women who either can't afford it or the birth control or because of the amazeing taboo on talking about sex in a schoo,l lack of(thank you Absentents you working so badly) knowledge because for some reason knowing how to do it safelty will make you wanted to do it more? we all know you don't want you daughter getting laid early but we all know it happen won't you rather it happen safely or unsafely

There are some great solutions to not getting (a girl) pregnant

1.) Safe sex means a rubber (Double bag it if in doubt) and Birth-Control

2.) Be responsible. Flies spread diseases. Keep yours closed.

3.) Masterbating didn't hurt nobody.

4.) And the 100% full proof effective way to not getting a girl pregnant:

Save sex for marriage!!!!!

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    There are some great solutions to not getting (a girl) pregnant

1.) Safe sex means a rubber (Double bag it if in doubt) and Birth-Control

2.) Be responsible. Flies spread diseases. Keep yours closed.

3.) Masterbating didn't hurt nobody.

4.) And the 100% full proof effective way to not getting a girl pregnant:

Save sex for marriage!!!!!
    1.) be great if we could teach people how to use it

2.) be great if we could teach people how

3.) hehe no it didn't

4.) it a nice idea but it doesn't always work

the fact of the matter is it be great if we taught people how to use this stuff and made it available but republican block every bill to give free brith control too people and Sex Edu in school amount to don't do it, it's bad it doesn't work

Or we could do like Barack Obama said, start sex ed at........kindergarden.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast