Thread: Splinter Cell: Conviction & Splinter Cell Thread

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Splinter Cell: Conviction & Splinter Cell Thread

I've been recently playing through the very first Splinter Cell game on the PC and I'm starting to really get back into the series. I've only ever played the first game and the newest one (Double Agent) which the newest one I would say looked AMAZING on the 360 and we very fun.

Anyway, something caught my attention at the beginning of Splinter Cell. When Sam first meets with Lambert and that other tech guy its mentioned that Sam did some covert work in Kuwait. I'd love to know what he did in Kuwait! So I thought that'd be a nice possible next SC game for Ubisoft to come up with.

After searching for a little while I finally found info on the new SC game entitled Splinter Cell: Conviction. It's totally different from the other games and sounds mighty sweet but unfortunately it wasn't anything having to do with Kuwait.

Instead you play a nice ripe 53 year old Sam who goes vigilante after Third Echelon goes down in 2010. So, Sam sets off to complete some greater mission of protecting Anna Grimsdottir by any means necessary and with few tools and equipment.

The game is supposed to feature the very popular new "crowd mechanic" plus a sixth sense that allows Sam to see enemies/pursuers even when they're blocked by objects, and one of the most impressive things is that every object is movable and can be interacted with (i.e. chairs can be used to block doors, enemy weapons/armor can be picked up, if a chair is thrown on a desk the chair will crash into it and send everything on the table flying in real-time physics, etc).

It seems pretty cool and I can't wait to see how this game turns out...it sounds like a nice shift from the stereotypical SC where you stick to the shadows (BTW Conviction takes place mostly in the daytime) and use your night-vision goggles.

I still think Ubisoft should do a SC title where they concentrate on Sam's "work" in Kuwait. I'd like to see more of that style that appears in the African Double Agent level: stealth based gameplay amongst a warzone environment. Plus it'd be a totally new kind of game even after the new gameplay of Conviction. B/c by the sounds of it Sam would'nt have been TE then...maybe like a top secret agent in the field or some sort of crazy spec ops....SC stealth combined with tricked out M16 rifles and spec ops gameplay would be sweet no?
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction & Splinter Cell Thread

If you haven't played Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory then you should give them a try. Especially Chaos Theory, I liked it alot. You should be able to get them for 5 or 10 $/€ nowadays.

It isn't even really a Splinter Cell game at all - it's just Assassin's Creed with different textures.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    It isn't even really a Splinter Cell game at all - it's just Assassin's Creed with different textures.
    It's a Splinter Cell with a non Splinter Cell theme, they need to get back to the roots, I mean wtf is this?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"