Thread: I had a dream about a RTW General who became a Vampire.

Default I had a dream about a RTW General who became a Vampire.

So that inspired me to make the idea for this mod, which I will make.

How you become a vampire

Alright, I'm thinking that you have a chance of contracting the vampire disease any time one of your generals, spies, diplomats, or assassins end the turn outside of a city. There will be a small chance (higher for spies, diplomats, and assassins) every turn that you wait outside of a city.

Now, when you first get "bit by a vampire", you get a trait that says something like "taken ill". The description will be "This man has contracted a strange illness, but no one knows what it is", and will lower the guy's movement points. After a few turns, his trait will change to "Creature of the Night", and he'll be a vampire.

Effects of "Creature of the Night"

For Generals: I'm not so sure yet. I'm thinking It'll give them many more hitpoints, since vampires are strong. A drop in Influence, but a moral boost for the troops.

For Diplomats: It'll just give them a drop in Influence. Or perhaps a raise, since he could use fear to help negotiate. I'm not sure.

For Spies and Assassins: It improves their skills.

Retinue effects of Vampirism

Alright, I think being a vampire should attract certain ancillaries (ancillaries are things like aged retainer, bodygaurd, etc) and scare away other ones. I need some ideas for new ancillaries to get for being a vampire.

Any ideas are welcome!

Update: Here are some of my newer ideas:

- A "secretness" level of your Vampirism. The longer you've been a vampire, the higher the chances are that people will find out your secret. The more of a secret it is, the less effect it will have on your Influence and Public Order. Once the secret is out, your vampire general will get much lower influence, law, and things like that.

- A "thirst" level for your Vampire General. The longer you go without winning battles, the thirstier your general gets. The thirstier he gets, the weaker he gets. You won't die from not fighting, but you will suffer some ill side effects.
    - A Vampire epiphet (the title given to them), like "Decimas the Bloodsucker"

- Having it be genetic (not sure about this one) as well.

Any ideas are still welcome!

Default Re: I had a dream about a RTW General who became a Vampire.

You surely have very strange dreams, don't you ? Why don't you get a break from RTW?

But it seems like a nice idea! Why not some dark graphics to portray the Generals? Maybe a few hitpoints extra, no influence, dubious loyalty, no Management and lots of command. Something along these lines... And maybe he can frighten nearby enemies, why not?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

It should be genetic, they should attract vampire hunters (ancillaries) could be killed by priests or cardinals (send him to slaughter muslims) Make it so he can fight only at night as well, can't have him in the sunlight, and also give him a -to command when fighting greaseball Italians like me (so much garlic in my diet )

Ha, good ideas. However, you should know that I'm not using BI, just RTW 1.5. I have BI, I just don't use it much. Perhaps I will make this for BI once I finished it for RTW, it would probably fit in with BI better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks View Post
    Ha, good ideas. However, you should know that I'm not using BI, just RTW 1.5. I have BI, I just don't use it much. Perhaps I will make this for BI once I finished it for RTW, it would probably fit in with BI better anyway.
    As for his bodyguard, what about a "Vampire Bodyguard"? Something like one extra hp, frighten nearby enemies, huge penalty when fighting on sunlight and bonus when fighting at night.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

Yes a penalty would be better than instant death...

man in RTW general dis was thread... ''you know that you are addicted when...'' you dream about RTW lol

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

lol, well it wasn't really a dream about Rome: Total War, it was just a dream about a general in a war. But anyway for the RTW version, I don't think it will be possible to make him have a penalty in the sun. Let's just say he covers himself in armor well enough that the sun doesn't touch him.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Hmmm.... This thread looks familar!

Ha ha ha, yeah, I've made it on four different sites now. I think I'll start modding today, or maybe tomorrow. I'll start with just Spies, Assassins, and Diplomats. Then I'll move onto generals, then I'll go extrememly in-depth with Generals, then I'll add Ancillaries as well.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Night battles will now be included in the mod! While Night Battles is a feature of BI, I've been taught a way to include it in RTW 1.5. You shouldn't need BI in order to use them. This will make Vampires better generals at night! If anyone want to know which guide I used to include Night Battles in RTW, here it is: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59950
    Last edited by Rasui Runihura; August 05, 2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Clarification

UPDATE: I have the Vampire Thirst traits done. Now I am working on the Vampire secret traits.

My idea is to have Vampires create a "Journal" about how they became vampires and everything afterwards. It will begin with what happened the night where they were bitten. Next will come how they began to find their powers. Then, their struggle to keep their power a secret, and perhaps to cure themselves.