Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartans! Prepare For Glory!

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Spartans! Prepare For Glory!

Will probably get it on Netflix. Its one of those movies that's good to see once in awhile like Independence day or Men in Black.

About the pictures:

Think the Darth Vader and the Star trek got me good

That one did it. ROFL

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

I know I loved those pictures

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Everybody seems to have it now. It was playing at my local HMV and last Friday we older boys watched it during lunch.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon...the 2 disc special edition naturally. Unfortunately I'm on vaca now so I won't see it until I return home on Saturday...but that's ok! I can tell you that I'll watch it right away when I get home and then probably watch it again that night followed up by watching it Sunday then maybe every night that following week.

The last time I did that with a film was when I got my hands on a copy of Gladiator and Snatch - great freakin' films right there...Gladiator was hard to watch that much but I did it!

@The original question...cuz no one seems to have answered

It all depends on how much you liked 300. If you LOVED it go out and buy it NOW!!! If there's going to be some "director's cut" or "extended edition" or "unrated" version it will most likely not come out at least for another year or two. The Gladiator special ed. didnt come out till what? 4 or so years after the original was released? Kingdom of Heaven director's cut wasn't released until about two years or so following initial release
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

philip augustus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon...the 2 disc special edition naturally. Unfortunately I'm on vaca now so I won't see it until I return home on Saturday...but that's ok! I can tell you that I'll watch it right away when I get home and then probably watch it again that night followed up by watching it Sunday then maybe every night that following week.

The last time I did that with a film was when I got my hands on a copy of Gladiator and Snatch - great freakin' films right there...Gladiator was hard to watch that much but I did it!

@The original question...cuz no one seems to have answered

It all depends on how much you liked 300. If you LOVED it go out and buy it NOW!!! If there's going to be some "director's cut" or "extended edition" or "unrated" version it will most likely not come out at least for another year or two. The Gladiator special ed. didnt come out till what? 4 or so years after the original was released? Kingdom of Heaven director's cut wasn't released until about two years or so following initial release
    Actually I think the kingdom of heaven one came out like a year later, maybe not even that, and I know a store that sells life size replicas of the helmets from the movies, it was at suncoast but it cost like $50, and even if they did come out with an even better version I'll still buy it, I have no problem giving the guys who made this movie my money, they deserve every bit of it, to make more movies that are jsut as creative as this one.
    Last edited by philip augustus; July 31, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
    Fat cats will rule the world.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by philip augustus View Post
    Actually I think the kingdom of heaven one came out like a year later, maybe not even that, and I know a store that sells life size replicas of the helmets from the movies, it was at suncoast but it cost like $50, and even if they did come out with an even better version I'll still buy it, I have no problem giving the guys who made this movie my money, they deserve every bit of it, to make more movies that are jsut as creative as this one.
    Well I meant theatrical release...not DVD release

Also I agree with your view about buying that better version one anyway...just watch the hell out of the original release, then when the newer cooler version comes out either sell the orig to a store that'll by used DVDs or better yet (this is what I've done) just give your old orig DVD to a friend who doesn't have it...they'll like u better!
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

I got my 300 special with the helmet.

But is broke when it came out....

No worries, nothing a little hot glue won't fix. It wasn't that big of a break. The helemet just broke from the platform. No worries.
    Last edited by kev-o; August 01, 2007 at 05:42 AM.

philip augustus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    Well I meant theatrical release...not DVD release

Also I agree with your view about buying that better version one anyway...just watch the hell out of the original release, then when the newer cooler version comes out either sell the orig to a store that'll by used DVDs or better yet (this is what I've done) just give your old orig DVD to a friend who doesn't have it...they'll like u better!
    lol opps, thought you were talking about DVD release for some reason , ya I also cant wait for when they release that version, the special edition doesnt have that much special feautres on it, I'm guessing that they are saving some of them for a special directors cut or somethin
    Fat cats will rule the world.

Anachronist's Avatar Domesticus

I still haven't had a chance to buy it yet.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I thought i was a small replica.
    Damn... Already got one with that brush on it and a cornithian one that I bought when I was in Greece...

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12