View Poll Results: What is your favourite TW game?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medieval Total War

13 21.31%
  • Medieval II Total War

16 26.23%
  • Rome Total War

28 45.90%
  • Shogun Total War

4 6.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite TW game!

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Favourite TW game!

It would be fun to be able assign missions to catholic factions and unleash crusades on them when they don't follow your orders. :-)

I wonder if a Papal States mod would be possible with all this hardcoded diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    It would be fun to be able assign missions to catholic factions and unleash crusades on them when they don't follow your orders. :-)

I wonder if a Papal States mod would be possible with all this hardcoded diplomacy.
    I don't think so... it is complicated . Who says you will choose the right Pope...Excomunite right faction ...and so

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

IS THERE A ANY MOD FOR MTW 1 ? JUST CURIOUS I WILL BUY GAME SOON....

THX

LEONIDAS

Rome is the ShizNit

I started playing with Rome, and was blown away by just how epic it was. After Rome I bought Medieval Gold Edition and when it came out Medieval 2 Total War. I've never played Shogun.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter The Conquerer View Post
    I started playing with Rome, and was blown away by just how epic it was. After Rome I bought Medieval Gold Edition and when it came out Medieval 2 Total War. I've never played Shogun.
    Mabbe I try shogun too.. When stw was published?

Leonidas

Well i have played Rome and Medieval 2 and i gotta say that Medieval 2 rocks !

But in Rome the factions are more different than in M2TW... But in M2TW every catholic faction is like clones to others! expect some factions in north and east (denamrk, poland etc.) But I love the early gunpowder and knights and crusades and castles and other medieval things. And I also like graphics much so I wouldn't like Shogun and Medieval 1

Graz M2TW u got a vote

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasOfSparta View Post
    Mabbe I try shogun too.. When stw was published?

Leonidas
    Shogun was released in 2000 and started the TW ball rolling. MTW was similar to Shogun, but obviously concerned with Medieval times instead.

It's a classic.
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Plato

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marto View Post
    Shogun was released in 2000 and started the TW ball rolling. MTW was similar to Shogun, but obviously concerned with Medieval times instead.

It's a classic.
    I played Shogun, but MTW was superior/more expanded/complex to it in almost all areas as M2TW is superior to RTW imo.
    Some players prefer Rome for time period, I too maybe even like antiquity era more, but I just can't go back to RTW again, cuz of its' stupid AI and diplomacy
    M2TW is the King for me
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; August 01, 2007 at 05:31 AM.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Marto View Post

It's a classic.
    THX I THINK I'LL BUY MEDIEVAL...

LEONIDAS

Civitate

MTW! I just liked the simplicity of it, the AI was pretty good because it was so simple... yet so complicated...
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas View Post
    I played Shogun, but MTW was superior/more expanded/complex to it in almost all areas as M2TW is superior to RTW imo.
    Some players prefer Rome for time period, I too maybe even like antiquity era more, but I just can't go back to RTW again, cuz of its' stupid AI and diplomacy
    M2TW is the King for me
    Interesting.

I'd definitely play MTW again, and I'll probably go back to Shogun for it's simple brilliance. I suppose there's a sprinkling of nostalgia in there for me too but the way Shogun was put together made it so playable and addictive, moreso than I've found with M2TW anyway.

In a kind of chess-like way it looked so simple, yet appealing, whilst being a much deeper experience once you get involved.
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Plato

everybody hails mtw ... heh I'm buyng it definetley now..

please tell me about graphics..tematic..

Leonidas

I like them all but shogun was the best(from a gameplay perspective) imo as it was the only well balanced game CA have done, medieval was also pretty good. Though I do love the newer games i can't help lament the loss of the old battle sytem which is far superior in my eye's.
    That said I have a special affection for rome purley because i prefer the time period.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasOfSparta View Post
    everybody hails mtw ... heh I'm buyng it definetley now..

please tell me about graphics..tematic..

Leonidas
    check out this awesome MTW beginners guide and this MTW unit guide (I strongly advise to download them in pdf as it's way cooler layout)
    and you'll begin to love MTW before even playing it.
    Just remember it's the gameplay that makes MTW so great and addictive, not the graphics. I'm saying this, cause it might be hard going back from flashy M2TW graphics.
    Good luck!
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas View Post
    check out this awesome MTW beginners guide and this MTW unit guide (I strongly advise to download them in pdf as it's way cooler layout)
    and you'll begin to love MTW before even playing it.
    Just remember it's the gameplay that makes MTW so great and addictive, not the graphics. I'm saying this, cause it might be hard going back from flashy M2TW graphics.
    Good luck!
    Thank you very much Duke!

Leonidas

Hey Duke it looks great. I'll buy it definteley!

Leonidas

Medieval 2 all the way, however the thing that spoiled it was that it was not even 60% finished when released. Alot of the units are there but not available *Barlest swordsmen etc* and the wagon forts, holy carts and wagons are unfinished... also alot of hardcoded features don't work for example the killing captured soilders in battle like MTW (1) ... finally the mobile palisade protection walls *shown on some youtube videos because people have cracked them* arn't available when they should be because they kick ass, and reflect medieval warfare....

*sorry for spelling *

Undoubtidly Shogun. It was the first of the best game series ever (first one I played too) and was one of the greatest games for its time, along with AOE 1 and 2. I tend to be a bit biased though, because it was the first TW i ever played a looooooooong time ago when I was just a weee little one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast