Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft III

Indefinitely Banned

Default Warcraft III

I bought this when it was new but my PC keeled over and died when i tried to play it. I've decided I might get it again, but does anyone know if it's still playable, or will I sit there peering at shoddy graphics going "What the **** is that meant to be"?

Would it be like going back to Shogun after playing Rome, or is still bareable?

Default Re: Warcraft III

It's still the most played strategy game online.
    Yeah, it's worth playing and will be for many more years.

Warcraft III? Three?
    It has extraordinary graphics for 2001(?). They are fully 3D and fairly detailed.

War III is fantastic game and I still play it along with TW . Graphics are very solid and gameplay is rated 100% . you need to get that man!

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Indefinitely Banned

I just feared C&C Generals syndrome. Trying to be fancy when they didn't have the technology to be fancy so you end up with blobs instead of units

No, the WC3 graphics are quite good even on today's technology. You won't see any graphical bugs.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    It's still the most played strategy game online.
    Yeah, it's worth playing and will be for many more years.
    I'm pretty sure Starcraft is more popular, at least it has more games going on. After solo lvl 30 it's impossible to find a game in WC3.
    Estimated Time: 40 minutes... errrr yeah I'm gonna play a TD instead.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Warcraft 3 is def playable even today...the graphics were quite good for then and you will not have any sort of syndrome where you can't stand the graphics - unless you're REALLY bad with that sort of thing.

The game itself is amazing and is one of the MOST cinematic RTS fantasy games out there and its great fun to play online...it's one of the TWO games I ever play online - and for me (a usually SP-only kinda player) that's saying ALOT.

But just don't stop at WC3...make sure to pick up the expansion WC3: The Frozen Throne too - that is a GREAT expansion
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Indefinitely Banned

i'm not that picky but if you've played Generals you'll know what i mean

WC3 is nothing like that. It has better graphics and everything seems unnaturally polished.

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

Get It and the expansion, don't bother with the regular game play the custom games.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_Bavaria View Post
    I'm pretty sure Starcraft is more popular, at least it has more games going on. After solo lvl 30 it's impossible to find a game in WC3.
    Estimated Time: 40 minutes... errrr yeah I'm gonna play a TD instead.
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong! Warcraft is by far more popular then Starcraft, the only place where SC is still popular is korea, but exept that warcraft is number one in strategy games, most events played on it, most money lay down on it. And about that when above "level 30 its impossible to find a game".. i would say it all depends on when ever you play and ofc wich gateway you play on.

As for me i'm playing on Northern(Europe) and i never have to wait over 10 min for an opponent, and i've been above level 40 and never waited to long to play, and im talking about solo and not rt.

Warcraft III is a brilliant game, one of my all time favourites. It's brilliant on single player and multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    But just don't stop at WC3...make sure to pick up the expansion WC3: The Frozen Throne too - that is a GREAT expansion
    Make sure to pick up the latest patches as well!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by STReetSamurai View Post
    Get It and the expansion, don't bother with the regular game play the custom games.
    I object. The campaign is superb. Easier at Reign of Chaos, but the quality storyline makes it worthy.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Are you nuts ? the story in Warcraft III is one of the best in any game and you're telling the man to skip it !
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

It ain't nuthin special, theres custom games far more badass than ladder, single player is alright I guess...

If you install I'm STReetSamurai@useast TFT and I'm a shaman in my clan if you want in on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong! Warcraft is by far more popular then Starcraft, the only place where SC is still popular is korea, but exept that warcraft is number one in strategy games, most events played on it, most money lay down on it. And about that when above "level 30 its impossible to find a game".. i would say it all depends on when ever you play and ofc wich gateway you play on.

As for me i'm playing on Northern(Europe) and i never have to wait over 10 min for an opponent, and i've been above level 40 and never waited to long to play, and im talking about solo and not rt.
    Well maybe that's true nowadays, back when I still played ladder it was way harder to level, now it's a pice of cake so I guess there are more high lvl players. Max lvl that I ever reached was solo 39 :/.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

well now its lvl 52+ .. nowadays wc3 is much more skilled then it was before thought.. and much more players playing ladder, especially solo.

Hm... I see, I might give it a shot again then .

Why? The campaign games are more fun and you have different objectives other than destroy the enemy's base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast