View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Traveling?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travelling is simply the most amazing thing you can do!!

6 21.43%
  • It's not bad. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.

11 39.29%
  • I like to travel for tourist purpose only.

3 10.71%
  • Nah, traveling is too tiresome and dumb.

1 3.57%
  • OTHER (please explain in the thread).

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling, do you like it?

Default Traveling, do you like it?

What I mean by traveling, is going to the Airport, going to the plane and off you go to another country to check it out for research purpose/tourism. Now I never knew some people dislike this, but recently I've heard lots of people dislike traveling and just like to stay at home.

So I've made this poll, do you like Traveling? Sometimes? Never?

My opinion about traveling is it's just amazing to the extent it is one of my biggest hobbies...I simply love traveling to other countries in different climates whether it's going to be done for research or tourism.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; July 31, 2007 at 08:19 AM.

Default Re: Traveling, do you like it?

if i'm with the right people and its an interesting place. sometimes i really wish i was at home tough but its normally because i miss friends rasther than i dislike the place, so in summary travelling =
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

I get so bored when i got to Finland, which is an hour and a half boat ride. I couldn't imagine being on an airplane for 12 hours. I'd like to go to far away exotic countries, but i wish they would invent a teleporter.

To me, getting on the plane is part of the experience. When I start going to university I will spend lots of my pocket money to travel (that also means more part time jobs )...It's a huge hobby to me.

In case you're wondering, I picked the first option.

TheRaider's Avatar Foederatus

Why can't I vote? Because I'm only a peasant? Well anyway I think travelling is one of the best ways to sample life. It goes beyond being a hobby - its a passion. Yes also I agree the plane is part of the experience; you should try flying Dublin-Brisbane. That would get anyone past a long distance travel phobia!
    Don't talk to me about Australian culture. It's nothing but rum and Neighbours

~ Winston Churchill on Australians

Yes, you have to post 50 posts and stay for 1 week to be able to vote.

Anyways, I traveled through Emirates Airlines and Thai Airlines (smooth as silk )

Dubai-->Bangkok (Emirates Airlines) <about 6hrs> was amazing, Bangkok-->Phuket (Thai Airlines) although was only 1 hour and a half it was great, the scenery especially the Islands seen east of Phuket.

I also agree it's beyond a hobby, it's just so great to be on a plane heading for another country to discover it.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; July 31, 2007 at 09:04 AM.

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

I love the universe!!! I'm not old enough to travel, ( 15 years old ) but when I finish college (if I don't join military) I'm gonna go out to the world. Also gonna try and become and astronaut to go to mars. I'm just intrested in the galaxy and the world and stuff.

Edit: Now that I read my post I sound like a child, eh big dreams...Oy this is embarrassing
    Last edited by HaveFallen; July 31, 2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Add something in.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Indefinitely Banned

Only gypsies travel

These days everywhere is pretty much the same as everywhere else, thanks to the glorious blessing of globalisation. However if you really HAVE to then it is important to remember sleeping pills to zonk your head out during the flight. Being trapped in a little seat surrounded by peasants farting and children squawling for 8-12 hours drinking in recycled air is a form of torture lite they haven't even cottoned on to at Guantanamo.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

TheRaider's Avatar Foederatus

Gypsies are probably more infamous for NOT travelling because once they arrive they wont leave; despite the will of the locals...

Talking about Guantanamo and travelling, I'm going to Cuba in a few weeks. Has anyone else been there? Any recommendations? I'll be there for three weeks and I definately am more interested in Cuban culture/ rural cuba than the fake cuba seen in package holidays.
    Last edited by TheRaider; July 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM.
    Don't talk to me about Australian culture. It's nothing but rum and Neighbours

~ Winston Churchill on Australians

4 hour flights to Arizona suck ass. I can only imagine flying over the ATLANTIC. Oh god, flying over an ocean *shudders*

Though I've gone to Canada which wasn't too bad and such. Traveling is OK. Return flights are brutal for me though. Specially when you are going forward in time with time zones
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Actually, even after Globalization different nations and regions still hold different cultures. For example, in Thailand it was much different than here in Dubai, or over at Amman, Jordan. In Thailand, you can feel a different culture, a different people, a different climate..etc.

Anyone here been to Phi-Phi Island, it is part of the Island chain off the coast of Phuket. We went to Phi-Phi as part of a boat tour, and I can tell you something, it is THE tropical island you'll always remember.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

It's fine, as long as I'm alone. I hate being with other people, because then I am required to see the rest of the place not on my own time.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Well I am an airport anomaly. I rarely bring luggage with me.
    When I going to France, to visit a friend of mine.
    I just bring money, I am only there for a day or too, so a suitcase would be a waste of time.

A friend of mine gave me the idea of leisure travel, you see he would travel to places all over Europe and just wonder around.
    He would bring money to spend, and some more incase of an emergency but that's all.
    He told me he wanted to see the beautiful places of the world they way the people there do.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

Well, the trick is to hire local service, and head out into the countryside. That's the only way to get the authentic feel of the country nowadays.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love travelling. My best summer was the one where I went across Canada, from the rolling hills, forests, and lakes of my region, to the flat plains of the prairies, to the rocky mountains, to the coastal fjords and ocean. Despite becoming ill with pneumonia, it was the best trip ever.

What I'd like even better would be to travel across Europe and beyond, to countries with other cultures, languages, and most importantly, climate and terrain. I prefer going by car so I get to see the scenery and experience it.

Yes Canada was beautiful. Far better than China.

China was a mosquito-infested, humid-as-hell, squalid hell-hole.

And this is coming from somebody who is half-Chinese, and knows the language!

I like traveling myself...sometimes it is good to move away for sometime

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I love travelling, but perhaps when Im older Ill start getting sick of it. Im off to a little place called Mendoza in Argentina in October - theres something about completely Spanish airports that freaks me out a little bit but makes me feel excited mostly.
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Never been out of the country but I like flying and would love to visit Ireland or Italy.

So put me in the probable liking section I guess.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast