Thread: Dread

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Default Dread

Does Vanilla (plus 1.2) allow for you to have a dread general without it affecting the dread of your King?

To expand, when you have generally chivalrous generals can you have just one that you use to exterminate towns e.g. ones with high squalor, religious problems, or just for fun , and not have it affect your overall dread?

Cheers
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Plato

Default Re: Dread

Quote Originally Posted by Marto View Post
    Does Vanilla (plus 1.2) allow for you to have a dread general without it affecting the dread of your King?

To expand, when you have generally chivalrous generals can you have just one that you use to exterminate towns e.g. ones with high squalor, religious problems, or just for fun , and not have it affect your overall dread?

Cheers
    I THINK EXTERMINATION AFFECTS YOUR DREAD NO MATTER HOW CHIVALIORUS YOUR GENERALS ARE

LEONIDAS
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

You will always gain a point of "strategyDread" whenever you exterminate. Your chivalry may be high enough to absorb the blow with little worry, but it can be a problem. Also, exterminating tends to make your chivalric characters angry at their leader for making them perform such barbaric acts.

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Snipafist View Post
    You will always gain a point of "strategyDread" whenever you exterminate. Your chivalry may be high enough to absorb the blow with little worry, but it can be a problem. Also, exterminating tends to make your chivalric characters angry at their leader for making them perform such barbaric acts.
    Cheers good info. I hadn't thought of the specific generals becoming disgruntled at acting out of character.

I take it sacking adds a touch of 'strategy dread' to your faction too then...?

Plato

delra's Avatar Praepositus

It's good to have a dreadful general. His presence on the battlefield can scare the **** out of enemies... I don't know why people are so stubborn to be chivalric...

Freddy Krueger's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    It's good to have a dreadful general. His presence on the battlefield can scare the **** out of enemies... I don't know why people are so stubborn to be chivalric...
    I always seem to have way more chivalrous generals than dread ones, even though I want it to be the other way around. Building churches gives them chivalry, which I always do. Occupying cities gives them chiv, and most of the time I occupy. I need some good advice on how to get dread generals without lowering your rep.

Freddy Krueger is eagerly awaiting Empire: Total War to be released.

Towelie's Avatar Miles

You can allways get +1 dread if you lead battle by yourself (my generals almost allways get "winning first" trait by that), although i still have no idea what affects that

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    You can allways get +1 dread if you lead battle by yourself (my generals almost allways get "winning first" trait by that), although i still have no idea what affects that
    Hmmm nor me :hmmm:

All my Generals that have been in a scrap seem to get 'Winning First' however I've used them in the battle. I do have a tendency to continue a battle and run them all down instead of selecting the 'End battle' option, but even when I stopped doing that the traits remained...

Plato

Towelie's Avatar Miles

I dont think routing enemies affects that, think that have some connection with tactics

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

actully i do know about that trait i look it up when i was modding princess

there a 50% chance after a battle fo getting "winning Frist" or the chiv version complete 50 50 chance

You get "Winning first" if you build a huge army of say elite cavalry and pit it against a small army of peasants. You know, using superior overwhelming troops.

Dread makes enmy rout faster which means easy kill for your knights, that will make them more experienced and better.
    As for me, most of my Chvlaric generals tend to be target of an assassin, maybe thats just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    OH, believe me if it didn't cook your rep and eat it i would use dread ALL the time. But keeping your rep up is hard enough as it is! it takes about 3 chivalrous generals to undo the damage done by 1 dreadful general. But MAN how good it feels to rout Milaneese spear and xbow spams.