Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I'm Still Waiting For This Mod!

Default Re: I'm Still Waiting For This Mod!

Tried speakin with Thoukidides but all i got was some dead soldier from classical Greece who stated "Leave me alone".

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I'm on a gap year at the moment, traveling and such and am currently writing this from New Zealand, but even so I just wanted to say that I'm also still waiting for this mod to come out!

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

The wait continues. Which in a way is good, I mean I will entirely lose my social life when it does come out, I'll quit my job, leave my school, and play day and night until my retinas burn out (which I imagine would be somewhat painful).

But, still everyday I hope for the release of this mod. And also I thought about something the other day....would if this mod was entirely fake, and would NEVER be released. That would piss off alot of people and I would be mad but I would have to say, Good Job to you guys for making such a convincing joke. It would be kinda funny (and painful)
    -McMoose

MacLachlainn
    Fortis et fidus

Quote Originally Posted by McMoose77 View Post
    The wait continues. Which in a way is good, I mean I will entirely lose my social life when it does come out, I'll quit my job, leave my school, and play day and night until my retinas burn out (which I imagine would be somewhat painful).

But, still everyday I hope for the release of this mod. And also I thought about something the other day....would if this mod was entirely fake, and would NEVER be released. That would piss off alot of people and I would be mad but I would have to say, Good Job to you guys for making such a convincing joke. It would be kinda funny (and painful)
    painful, yes. funny, not by a long shot

"Tried speakin with Thoukidides but all i got was some dead soldier from classical Greece who stated "Leave me alone"."

Yeah, I get him sometimes too; that's Thoucedidis and he gets annoyed that he receives so many 'calls' from up here (the operators in Hades are a bit sloppy...)

It does work better using wine from Greece, by the way (but not retsina).

Know Thyself! - The God Apollo

Ahhh i see. Thanks SF, it is working now, oh and by the way never give an offering of modern day beer, they don't really like it .

True - but imbibing several beers oneself can help!

why is it so difficult to know anything about this mod? Is it so hard to have a thread which states the current state of affairs and ETA?
    you can always ignore it latter like everyone else does

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Possibly because giving people ETAs creates expectation followed by disappointment in players, and creates stress for the developers?

I dont know about you but to me it creates more dissapointment and frustration to not being able to know anything about the current state of the proyect.

Perhaps its because I've become used to being weaseled by all in cases like this. I would expect something like "dont worry we are into it next week it will be ready"...like Ive been reading about patch 1.2 for medII since march.

After experiencing that kind of weaseling behaviour everywere Im used to that and somehow I miss it when it doesnt happen I suppose.

Thou I must confess that Ive noticed that I'm inmmune to common sense...dunno...must be the princess in me...or something...

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Since March? but it's only April now!
    "...a man may not account himself a true son of Athens until he has been exiled and condemned to death!" -- Euryptolemus, Steven Pressfield's Tides of War
    "Be sure to give the elephants their emetics in good time. I do not want my chariot slowed by giant turds."
    -- Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsalad View Post
    Since March? but it's only April now!
    Yeah, Dude! Let us say you (@ PdO) were waiting from the begining of March... than maybe it have been two months... thatīs all?

You are talking with people who might even donīt remember how long they are waiting for the release of HCS!

I for example... before (!) HCS I was already waiting for a mod called Age of Hellas... that died in the developing process... (and I donīt remember how long I was waiting for that... lol) but as Victor Hugo shall have said: "Nothing is more powerful (I would say "attractive" in this case) than an idea whose time has come"...

Patience, young grasshopper... patience...
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

Siddhartha in Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Chapter Six

I remember waiting for Age of Hellas. It seems like many Aeons ago now, and I was knee high to a grasshopper... why, back in those days, we waded through 10 feet of snow to get news for our mods. That's right, 10 feet. That's so high that we had to dig tunnels to wade through, and then when we got there, the news may not have even been any good. You young upstarts have it good, I'll say.
    "...a man may not account himself a true son of Athens until he has been exiled and condemned to death!" -- Euryptolemus, Steven Pressfield's Tides of War
    "Be sure to give the elephants their emetics in good time. I do not want my chariot slowed by giant turds."
    -- Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

I agree with BSalad (nice grasshopper link, btw) - in the old days, I remember having to trek for 18 months through mountains of ice and jungles with hostile tribesmen just for previews!

While there is frustration in hearing nothing, I think it is less frustrating that way than being given an ETA which keeps getting postponed - of course, ideal would be an ETA that was met, but experience shows they are more often not.

Indeed, perhaps when the team feel the end is reliably in sight they will give us an ETA.

Yeah i'm with you on this SF; rather have no ETA given and be surprised when it comes out, then be given an ETA that constantly gets delayed.

+1 here
    This is one of the mods that im always checking on. Showing my support here, keep doing what you're doing and don't worry, im ready to wait till the end of the world

I just wanna know if anyone is actually working on this mod any more.

Yes.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

I agree that there shouldn't be a precise ETA as in say two weeks, three weeks, etc. Those things never work and always leave people disappointed. But right now there is absolutely no sense of where this mod is. The modders have said that it is still alive - and that's pretty much it.

If it is alive, a simple update message would be very useful. Something that gives us a vague sense of how far down the road the mod is and the key hurdles that it still faces. Basically, I just want to know whether this mod is going to be ready this year or 2008 (or even beyond that).

Update: yes, we're alive. There will be some eye candy heading your way soon, other than that I can't say much.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.