Thread: Football oscars (Soccer)

Default Football oscars (Soccer)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f8_1185804029

I saw this at RO forums and I got to bring this drama here.

Yeah, some tough clowns in there. It looks fun and it is that, but I also think that this is serious problem.

I'm sick of this crap, all right. I've been watching this for 15 years now. A red card is only option in these cases! No pre warnings, none of that crap. If for some reason a referee could not fulfill his role in a game as a referee, then additional judgment should be done after the game is over.

Now for my real opinion on this. I would give a 100 matches long ban for doing this if it would be up to me. Sounds kind of harsh? Hell no. This thing, this "feature" in the football hurts the game too much. Everybody knows that you will approach these situations differently than you normally would. Simply because of that the game looses its intensity.

As an owner of some club or as a manager of some team. After Gilardino's type of "acting" in my team, I would kick that persons sorry ass out of my team asap.

In case if the link or the footage have been already posted before, my bad.

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Default Re: Football oscars (Soccer)

they should be shot, though i am happy to see that the EPL one got sent off (the newcastle player was pointed out on MOTD for being a right :wub:)
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

I think the best part is at 2:26

Good stuff.

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

One reason why more Americans don't like soccer. Being a ref myself, it can be an extremely hard thing to catch, especially since most of the players are faster than you and position of the ball can change so rapidly, players could dive and you wouldn't be able to tell what happened. I only work games with one other ref, and the linesman are usually just fans I tell to help me with out of bounds calls, so it can be very, very hard.

I love the 2 headbutts right at the end.Good find mate.

Surprised Robert "Overated,Overpaid and disgrace to football" Pires is only featured once.
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Being a ref myself, it can be an extremely hard thing to catch, especially since most of the players are faster than you and position of the ball can change so rapidly, players could dive and you wouldn't be able to tell what happened.

You are 100% correct. I can only image how hard it is to be a top professional referee judging final match of WC. This is why also in this case bans should be given after already played games. I think, that is not the case right now in top leagues. It is about racism and violence now, but "diving" should be under supervision to.

"

i believe you can be sighted after a game in football but i dont know if its common, also top flight refs are incredibly fit guys some can even keep up with the likes of tiery (sp) Henry
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Yes, but I went through a workshop with a FIFA ref once, and he was just a skinny old guy, but yeah he could run, and for a long time. I think that post game suspensions should be in order, especially since you can review the action over and over with replay. Maybe one game for a first time offense, two for the second, five for the third, and an entire season for the fourth. Maybe monetary fines too, it is a very serious offense because of how important a foul is in soccer. A PK can mean the difference between a loss or a win, maybe a WC berth and so on. The different leagues around the world need to cooperate to stamp this out.

nice gotta love Gildardino for that dive, only way he cab become as famous as pipo !