• Imperium of Man (40K)

104 57.78%
  • Galactic Empire (Star Wars)

76 42.22%
Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40K VS Star Wars

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Default Warhammer 40K VS Star Wars

So who would win? The Imperium from 40K or the Empire from Star Wars? For me it is hands down the Imperium of Man from 40K. By sheer numbers and technology. What does TWC think?
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Dunecat's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Warhammer 40K VS Star Wars

The Galactic Empire.

Psykers can't stand up to the immense technological and intellectual superiority. Not counting the secret Imperial military projects...

Quote Originally Posted by Dunecat View Post
    The Galactic Empire.

Psykers can't stand up to the immense technological and intellectual superiority. Not counting the secret Imperial military projects...
    Technological superiority? Are you kidding me? the Death star was a big deal, any Imperial battleship can destroy a planet. One regiment of Imperial Guard (2,000,000 men plus armor support) could probably take out the Galactic Empire.
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos_Rouvelas View Post
    Technological superiority? Are you kidding me? the Death star was a big deal, any Imperial battleship can destroy a planet. One regiment of Imperial Guard (2,000,000 men plus armor support) could probably take out the Galactic Empire.
    Hyperdrives? Don't get me started on their weaponry, targeting technology, training, infrastructure, everything is superior.

Fail you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunecat View Post
    Hyperdrives? Don't get me started on their weaponry, targeting technology, training, infrastructure, everything is superior.

Fail you.
    Hyperdrives are insignificant compared to warp travel. I highly doubt any Galactic Empire training is comparable to space Marines or even IG Kasrkin. Weaponry is definitely not superior. A single baneblade with a volcano cannon could probably take out any Galactic Empire vehicles. Not to mention the titan legions the Imperium has at it's disposal.
    Civitate

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Star Wars, for several reasons..

I was raised on it, and am therefore ultra-biased

I know almost nothing about Warhammer 40k, and am therefore ultra-biased

The Galactic Empire feels a bit more.. hmm.. likely is the only word I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Star Wars, for several reasons..

I was raised on it, and am therefore ultra-biased

I know almost nothing about Warhammer 40k, and am therefore ultra-biased

The Galactic Empire feels a bit more.. hmm.. likely is the only word I can think of.
    Civitate

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Hmmmm well, since the empires armourments and training and technology isnt really, well revealed, and the Imperium's can easily be found in its Codex, I vote that this argument is null and void, since we dont knwo enough about the empire, because all we know about the empire is on the movies.

Also hyperdrive > warpdrive.
    Seriously, how can you think the warpdrive is better? Every isngle time you risk being destroyed by demaons, being borded by demons, being driven insane, being lost ofr thousands of years. If your astropath is killed your ed during aswell.
    Hyperdrive you get where your going, safe and sound.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Imperium FTW! Why? 7.5 foot tall psychopathic murder machines, 100m tall walking fortresses, battleships that can obliterate entire planets with a single shot (as the "norm", not limited to 1). Army deployments that number in the millions. Able to replace casualties while expanding their forces, and they are well used to fighting one-sided battles against them. I mean look at their enemies, I'd say that they do a fairly good job sticking up for themselves, the Empire is supreme ruler of it's galaxy, mainly through diplomacy and a pre-established republic, they're not really used to full scale war.

Star War hands down, I've read into both Universes quite a bit and I just don't like Warhammer as much.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Hmmmm well, since the empires armourments and training and technology isnt really, well revealed, and the Imperium's can easily be found in its Codex, I vote that this argument is null and void, since we dont knwo enough about the empire, because all we know about the empire is on the movies.

Also hyperdrive > warpdrive.
    Seriously, how can you think the warpdrive is better? Every isngle time you risk being destroyed by demaons, being borded by demons, being driven insane, being lost ofr thousands of years. If your astropath is killed your ed during aswell.
    Hyperdrive you get where your going, safe and sound.
    Warp drive is better because it doesnt take years to traverse a single galaxy with it like star wars hyper drive. Also, there is alot about the Empire's military IIRC in the expanded universe. Face it, in open war the Galactic Empire can't hold a candle to the Imperium of man.
    Civitate

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

This thread is bored; the answer is obviously Imperium of Men.

Death Star is a lol at best compare with Imperial Navy, which can orbital bombard every planet without build up a Death Star.

On land, even Imperial Guard can crush weak Stormtroopers without waste any energy (so Space Marine does not need to call up; even they do the laserrifle of Stormtroopers are just a joke).

Not to mention Imperial Titans can crush any machine you can think about in Star War.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Alot is explained about the Empire in books and other things, it goes far beyond the movies.

No the Empire cant stand to the Imperium but I respect the Star Wars saga more (well.. the older stuff for obvious reasons) since it makes sense. Battleships that can destroy multiple planets, a never ending amount of infantry that can reinforce and expand a frontline with no problems whatsoever, and 8 foot tall super marines sound really in cool but something about Star Wars always made you think "Ya know.. I could see that happening one day" in terms of technology and how its portrayed. The different species, not holding some kind of huge galactic military species, the criminal underworld, the dark works of the empire, the different cultures.. all of it just feeds a good vibe in my heart.

Except for the whole force part. Thats not as realistic as some might think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

dude stormies could take on the imperial guard any day. now the space marines yeah their screwed unless you brought in Dark Troopers in mark three mode then the space marines would be a bit screwed.

Although your right about the titans the only thing that could take those out would probably be a wing of scimitar bombers.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Alot is explained about the Empire in books and other things, it goes far beyond the movies.

No the Empire cant stand to the Imperium but I respect the Star Wars saga more (well.. the older stuff for obvious reasons) since it makes sense. Battleships that can destroy multiple planets, a never ending amount of infantry that can reinforce and expand a frontline with no problems whatsoever, and 8 foot tall super marines sound really in cool but something about Star Wars always made you think "Ya know.. I could see that happening one day" in terms of technology and how its portrayed. The different species, not holding some kind of huge galactic military species, the criminal underworld, the dark works of the empire, the different cultures.. all of it just feeds a good vibe in my heart.

Except for the whole force part. Thats not as realistic as some might think.
    Because Jedis and Sith are a logical assumption to make when considering realism. ya!!!

Imperium, because of the space marines and the tau. The tau are ing awsome!!
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Imperium, because of the space marines and the tau. The tau are ing awsome!!
    Whoah, whoah, whoah, what?

Since when were the SMs and Tau friends? :hmmm:

But going back on topic, does it really have to be the Galactic Empire? Why not the Galactic Republic? I'm pretty sure that the clones (given their superior Mandalorian training and tactics) will stand a chance against the Imperium.

The Imperium has to use commissars to keep their men in line and not run away, while clones have an unwavering loyalty and were trained since childhood.

Anyway, I'm not so sure about the Galactic Empire. They are trained well (the movies made them look incompetent for some reason...) Probably better than the Imperium? I can't say.

HAS NOBODY READ THE BOOKS!?

The Empire has so many unstoppable evil goodies and villans. The entire Imperium of Man believe, now get this, that their machines are run by spirits, and have no idea how to actually create technology, and do not understand it.

Even in the W40k universe, it is understood that their superstition is false- there are no machine spirits, it is simply laughable.

The Leman Russ tank? What a joke. Let's ignore the fact that it lacks range, armament, maneuverability, and targeting systems- The very structure of it is suicidal. There's a reason they don't make tanks like that anymore (tall, not squat and low to the ground). They gobble up rockets and such.

What a joke. All these Star Wars llama's don't know what's up cause they've only seen the movies.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm going to troll all of you right now.

*cough*

"BUT THE IMPERIUM HAS THE SPACE MARINES, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THE SPACE MARINES CAN-"

*long rant*

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

space marines vs jedi. Space marines win. Space marines vs clones SM wins. SM VS SITH, SM FREAKING WINS!! Any other matchups you'd like to make, or can we end this farcical nonsense now?
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    space marines vs jedi. Space marines win. Space marines vs clones SM wins. SM VS SITH, SM FREAKING WINS!! Any other matchups you'd like to make, or can we end this farcical nonsense now?
    Like your post?

Space Marines vs Jedi

Hmmm, men in hard-to-miss armor going against someone with a lightsaber that can cut through anything? And has force powers?

I don't know man. Sounds like a small handful of Jedi can take on a whole platoon of them. The only reason why the Jedis were near extinct was because they were backstabbed by their own troopers they commanded and trusted. But if they knew...

Space Marines vs Clones

Hmm, I admit this is a little tough.
    Space Marines with power armor and bolt guns against well-trained but not so armored clones. The clones do have at least one advantage - speed.

Space Marines vs Sith

Kind of like the same fight with Jedis, except the Sith can use force lightning.
    Force lightning + power armor = one toasted SM, methinks :hmmm:

Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast