Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Delete Cyberbullying" Commercials - STFU!

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default "Delete Cyberbullying" Commercials - STFU!

Theres going to be alot of ****ing asterisks in this post..

This **** sprang up in the past 2-3 weeks and it's literally on every single ****ING COMMERCIAL BREAK.

It's also evidence of how ****ing weak this ****ing nation of **** licking sheep is. I don't give a **** if you're ****ing kid is made fun of for having 'greasy hair and dirty fingernails" it's obviously indicative of the fact your a nasty little **** and you need to wash your ****ing hair and your goddamn hands. Maybe if their made fun of for it the ****heads will learn their lesson early, and fix the ****ing problem.

As for other bullying, explain to me WHY THE ****ING HELL a gigantic INFURIATINGLY ANNOYING ad campaign is going to "help". There isn't a ****ing problem. The problem is your a pathetic piece of **** who is training these less than fortunate kids to be victims, to whine and cry and not learn how to stand up for themselves. And thus turn them into pathetic pieces of ****.

And if I have to listen to that ****ing commercial one more time I'm going to make fun of even more people. I may even start critiquing pre-schoolers artwork..

Cool points for whoever gets that last bit, xD.
    Last edited by scottishranger; August 15, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
    Team Member <3

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: "Delete Cyberbullying" Commercials - STFU!

Cyberbullying is stupid. If you can get hurt by a bully, you need to develop some hide and fight back.

Oh wait, I forgot. Nowadays you're punished for defending yourself.

Oh dear oh dear ,someone's a bit upset. I think its a good intentioned intiative (I'm guessing its a yank thing because I have not seen such ad's) Cyberbullying is the same as any other bullying. Bullying is wrong. Victims attitudes have no relevance. If a child is sensitive ,it's hardly their or the parents fault. Some children (like adults ) do not have a natural instinct to fight back. So we forgot them huh? we let them be bullied,intimidated and made a fool of. NO we don't. This may not be the way to go but something has to be done and making our kids fight fire with fire or to act agressively is not the answer.

If you were bullied by someone larger,stronger and maybe smarter than you,this is a criminal offence.Don't children have the same rights.Highlighting bullying is essential in combating this disgusting social disease.

If these adverts upset a few people ,so what.Saving kids lives (bullying is a common cause of teenage suicide) is way more important than making a few people shout at their screen IMO
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

"Standing up for yourself" can make things much, much worse sometimes.
    And it'd be difficult to do it in the first place if there's 5 or 10 of them.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Cyberbullying is stupid. If you can get hurt by a bully, you need to develop some hide and fight back.

Oh wait, I forgot. Nowadays you're punished for defending yourself.
    Exactly. "Zero Tolerance" ********.
    Team Member <3

How the hell can you be bullied through the internet?
    Just turn off the freaking computer!

Intimidation - with phrases like "I'm going to find you and hurt you" even though it is highly unlikely they will (unless they are known to them already)

Mockery - Some people are highly sensitive to their appearance especially teenagers and if some one calls a normal looking child fat ,that could have dire consequences like Anorexia ,Bullemia ,self harm or maybe suicide.

Sexual refrences - Some children find the whole thing appalling,scary and dirty. This could cause consequences in future relationships

This is only 3 ways cyberbullying can harm children. It may seem small and illogical to you but it is happening
    and Future Filmmaker

I've heard numerous times now how bullying can infact be good for society, since it acts as a check on too much freedom. You cant go to school wearing a thong (as a guy) because your peers will beat you up and give you horrible wedgies...good check.

You cant overeat because youll be a humongous amorphous blob, and women wouldnt want to mate with you, boys use you for target practice in dodgeball and you cant find anyone to ride the seesaw with you. Society deems that you are TOO fat, and hence the bullying acts like a check on too many people becoming too fat.

*shrug* I'm not condoning bullying I'm just retelling what I hear

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    I've heard numerous times now how bullying can infact be good for society, since it acts as a check on too much freedom. You cant go to school wearing a thong (as a guy) because your peers will beat you up and give you horrible wedgies...good check.

You cant overeat because youll be a humongous amorphous blob, and women wouldnt want to mate with you, boys use you for target practice in dodgeball and you cant find anyone to ride the seesaw with you. Society deems that you are TOO fat, and hence the bullying acts like a check on too many people becoming too fat.

*shrug* I'm not condoning bullying I'm just retelling what I hear
    Good point BPT and I know you don't condon bullying (as posted in previous threads)but does this really outweigh the negatives? It really shouldn't be up to mickey-taking kids to tell lesser fortunate children to shape up. Of course I am against childhood obesity and it is a problem but my main concern is the child's frame of mind.
    and Future Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    Intimidation - with phrases like "I'm going to find you and hurt you" even though it is highly unlikely they will (unless they are known to them already)

Mockery - Some people are highly sensitive to their appearance especially teenagers and if some one calls a normal looking child fat ,that could have dire consequences like Anorexia ,Bullemia ,self harm or maybe suicide.

Sexual refrences - Some children find the whole thing appalling,scary and dirty. This could cause consequences in future relationships

This is only 3 ways cyberbullying can harm children. It may seem small and illogical to you but it is happening
    It's happening? And I thought I was a geek... This is the third thing in the last 2 or 3 days that made me feel less geek.

lol i didnt bother to read everything i couldnt stop rofling at people who get hurt over the webbernet

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    It's happening? And I thought I was a geek... This is the third thing in the last 2 or 3 days that made me feel less geek.
    geekish possibly,problem definetly. "geeks" as you charmingly put it,have now a new way to become a victim.Their last sanctuary has been invaded by bullys.
    and Future Filmmaker

Indeed - but this "invasion" is strange. I think you have to be retarded to be traumatised by someone rudimentary enough to use "bullying"... on the internet... In real life I can understand, but... on the internet? I'm skinny and underweight and I can threaten someone telling them that I've got huge muscles...

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Indeed - but this "invasion" is strange. I think you have to be retarded to be traumatised by someone rudimentary enough to use "bullying".
    retarded is a really strong word. Sensitive and unworldy would be better. Look ;i'm not saying I'm a geek (i'm a bit old to be a nerd I think) but because they are different and unsociable to a certain degree,it doesn't mean they don't have a right to be able to enjoy whichever past time or lifestyle they choose without the threat of being bullied . It may seem quite absurb to wisened people as yourself but it does happen unfortunetly.
    and Future Filmmaker

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword of Cao Cao View Post
    Theres going to be alot of ****ing asterisks in this post..

This **** sprang up in the past 2-3 weeks and it's literally on every single ****ING COMMERCIAL BREAK.

It's also evidence of how ****ing weak this ****ing nation of shitlicking sheep is. I don't give a **** if you're ****ing kid is made fun of for having 'greasy hair and dirty fingernails" it's obviously indicative of the fact your a nasty little **** and you need to wash your ****ing hair and your goddamn hands. Maybe if their made fun of for it the ****heads will learn their lesson early, and fix the ****ing problem.

As for other bullying, explain to me WHY THE ****ING HELL a gigantic INFURIATINGLY ANNOYING ad campaign is going to "help". There isn't a ****ing problem. The problem is your a pathetic piece of **** who is training these less than fortunate kids to be victims, to whine and cry and not learn how to stand up for themselves. And thus turn them into pathetic pieces of ****.

And if I have to listen to that ****ing commercial one more time I'm going to make fun of even more people. I may even start critiquing pre-schoolers artwork..

Cool points for whoever gets that last bit, xD.
    You've never been bullied have you??
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Custom User Title
    Citizen

I saw saw a report a few weeks ago about British teachers responses to cyber-bullying - or to the teachers themselves being targeted by bullies on the internet. I think it was the NASUWT annual conference.

They decided that to solve the problem all mobile phones with photo/video capability should be classified as offensive weapons, as such be banned from schools and that sites like youtube should be shut down.

In the very heart of the institution that is supposed to promote and is there to provide education they can only think of a solution that involves restriction. Never mind the majority of rubbish on youtube, and the few gems you find, they want it shut down. Likewise with phones.

Is it just that I left school so very long ago (it seems) that things have really changed that much? Is it that we don't have a gun culture, but our teachers want metal detectors to confiscate kids phones?

This whole situation is farcical. "Offensive weapons" and removing websites. What is next? Ban facebook and the other one (name escapes me) because if you don't get 20,000 'friends' you will feel bad?

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

It's so silly. Bullying has been around ever since the beginning of time.

People need to just deal with it, and stop stressing that to defend oneself is bad.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I'm guessing the people saying bullying isn't so bad and that you have to stand up to them were never bullied at school.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Roshak's Avatar Senator

The answer to Cyberbullying:

Also try Mr. Ignore button.

The only way someone would be able to cyber bully you is if they have your computer information. Which I never give out or use second or false information. So by using a little common sense ( and perhaps paranoia) you'll be fine.

Oh and don't leave your messenger convo on when you leave the room for that's just asking for trouble.

I'm guessing the people saying bullying isn't so bad and that you have to stand up to them were never bullied at school.
    I agree with that. Never experienced Bullying and I'm not sure what will happen if I do. I'll either get hurt really bad, get hurt really bad when making a smart-ass comment, or get hurt really bad when I fight back.

Probably going to be the middle one.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Man those ****ing **** can **** my ****ing *********** with a ********* and shove it up their ******* ******* ********* and ******* with it while those ******* ************ on their ****** ******* *********.

*************************!!
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast