Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Scandza: Total War

Default Re: Scandza: Total War

You should absolutely not rename any "folder" or touch any "BI" shortcut. What you have to do is to right click on the provided shortcut "Amleth - Total War" then press properties and rename the two paths.
    - Change the destination-lines in the shortcut:
    "[Your path]\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\amleth -nm -show_err
    &
    "[Your path]\Rome - Total War"
    So you need to figure out where your RTW is installed and put the path in "[Your path]".

Please tell me if you make it work,
    DV
    Gesaga him éac wordum, ţćt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Thanks i think i can fix this now!
    It was the second part with the rename the destination lines that i didnt understand.

So do i have to create a new folder called RomeTW-BI.exe" and -mod:bi\amleth -nm -show_err?

I fixed the destination lines thing but when i click on the Amleth total war shortcut it opens to an empty folder
    I wonder what i did wrong?

I'm quite confused by whatever you've done.

Just make sure you have a clean install of Barbarian Invasion 1.6 - then place the "bi"-folder included in "AmlethTW.rar" in your main RTW directory, and overwrite. Then you drag the shortcut named "Amleth - Total War.ink" wherever you want it, and do as I told you (change the destination-lines).

I'm not sure what you've done, but if you can't figure it out, please tell me what you've done, step by step, and I hope I can help you.

DV

Quote Originally Posted by Íslenskr Víkingr View Post
    So do i have to create a new folder called RomeTW-BI.exe" and -mod:bi\amleth -nm -show_err?
    No.

-Random tip-
    If you plan on getting more mods for Rome later, I'd suggest copying your entire clean vanilla (no mods) "Rome -Total War" (with "bi" folder in it) folder (where all of its files are located) and pasting it in the Activision/Sega folder. That makes sure you have an unmodified backup folder of RTW at hand in the case of the mod screwing up or messing around with files so you can retry everything (copy/paste Rome folder) to make it work. Even this mod is mod-foldered and that this method can take a lot of space on your PC if repeated for many mods, it is the best way to ensure that a good amount of mods will be able to work.

Instructions

Rename this new RTW folder Amleth Total War or something else if you wish. After you've downloaded the files necessary for the mod ("AmlethBETA" folder and a shortcut), open the aforementioned zipped folder and extract the 'bi' folder inside to "[Your path]\Amleth Total War". Later check that there is a folder called "amleth" in the "bi" folder of your "Amleth Total War" folder, as there should be one.

Now, for the shortcut. I'm guessing you already know how to change the icon of a shortcut, but that is not important for the mod to play nor does it affect it in any way. With the provided shortcut, change the destination to "[Your path]\Amleth Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\amleth -nm -show_err and the start in to "[Your path]\Amleth Total War".

The mod should now work by launching it via the provided shortcut.
    Last edited by justinius; August 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    I'm quite confused by whatever you've done.

Just make sure you have a clean install of Barbarian Invasion 1.6 - then place the "bi"-folder included in "AmlethTW.rar" in your main RTW directory, and overwrite. Then you drag the shortcut named "Amleth - Total War.ink" wherever you want it, and do as I told you (change the destination-lines).

I'm not sure what you've done, but if you can't figure it out, please tell me what you've done, step by step, and I hope I can help you.

DV

I have BI version 1.6

I first put the bi folder into the main rome category that worked fine, it merged into the existing bi folder
    then i tried changing the destination via properties and it was all correct, and when i click on the Amleth total war shortcut it opens like an empty folder, it doesnt start the mod.
    This is very bizarre, i hope its not something with my computer
    I have windows 7 so it shouldnt be any problem

When i try changing the destination of the shortcut this error message comes

"Problem with Shortcut
    The name C:/Games/Rome-Total War/RomeTW-BI.exe specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

(Sorry I've been away a few days).
    As I see it, you've missed a few spaces in the path: C:/Games/Rome|-|Total War/RomeTW-BI.exe
    Also, your should use the "\" not the "/"
    And, you have to have citations around the path as well, so =
    "C:\Games\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\amleth -nm -show_err
    &
    "C:\Games\Rome - Total War"

Skál!

Hi DanskViking - just downloaded your mod for my new computer and I've noticed that the units on the strat map and the battlemap seem... taller. Like they've been stretched vertically. I don't notice this with any other mods - just curious if you have any idea what could be causing this?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Hey, CountMRVHS. This may be caused by the resolution you're using (I think it remains the one I've been using before uploading the mod). Try changing it to your desktop resolution, either in-game or in the "...bi/amleth/preferences/preferences.txt".

Cheers! And let me know whether you solve it or not.

PS. Any feedback on the mod itself is most welcome. I might just put in a small effort to improve upon the current state - although expanding the map and other major changes is a bit too time-consuming for my current situation.
    Last edited by Dansk viking; October 01, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks for the tip - I'll check the in-game resolution.

And I'll certainly give what feedback I can! I don't know much about this period historically, so I can't comment on accuracy or anything, but I'll be happy to give a gameplay report.

I actually have some map files lying around from a year ago, when I was making a 'Beowulf' mod of my own. The intent was for it not to be historical per se, but to closely follow the political situations as described in the poem. I've been thinking about digging it up and doing some more work on it, but meantime if you'd like to look at it and use whatever, that would be cool. The map is a bit larger, stretching from parts of Frisia in the SW to roughly Uppsala in the NE.

Edit: Hmm, I still have a 'stretched' map. I tried changing the preferences.txt to match the resolutions I use in other mods, and made sure it was displaying the change when I actually started up a game, but the visual effect was still there - 'taller' models.

Edit2: Fixed! Under 'Advanced Options', I un-checked the 'Widescreen' box.
    Last edited by CountMRVHS; October 03, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Hello again! I just realised that I failed to reply. Of course I'd be delighted to look at what you've done, sounds interesting!
    Great that you figured it out!

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Dansk, can you upload your mod in another site, please?

Your Rapidshare link is down, and Gamefront is not available from my country.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings Elkar,
    Rapidshare seems to be working fine for me. Please try again - if it doesn't work for you, please point me in the direction of an uploading-site that is available in your country.

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

This is what happens with Rapidshare:

There are many uploading sites, like:

www.mediafire.com
    http://uploading.com/
    http://www.gigasize.com/
    https://www.dropbox.com

Alright mate, here's one for you then: http://uploading.com/3c6em4bd/AmlethTW-rar
    Cheers!

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much!!!

I never said, but how nice MOD, and good project... Thanks for sharing.

greetings.

I apologize, but whether there will be a continuation?