Thread: Silmarillion: Total War

Icon4 Silmarillion: Total War

Silmarillion: Total War has been resurrected! Aenarion has decided to breathe new life back into this very promising modification for Medieval: Total War. Taking place in Beleriand in the First Age the mod will let you experience the great struggle between the Houses of Elves and Men, and the dark minions of Morgoth, the Black Foe of the World.

The STW team are now recruiting, so if you think you can help them out with anything, head over to their recruitment thread.

Default Re: Silmarillion: Total War

I posted a bunch of screenshots (about 80, I think), and they really show what a great mod this is promising to be:

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Great news Apoc!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

*reinstalls MTW*

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Wow, those are some kick ass settlements, especially Osgiliath.

Wait a minute.....gasp.......how awesome would it be to have Minas Tirith!!!!"?!?!?!?!

Or is that what this is?
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/b6181daf.jpg

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

That's supposed to be Gondolin, I think. Minas Tirith was not built yet.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

This is amazing news! I was so dissapointed when the mod was stopped. Let's hope that same period will be recreated in RTw or M2TW.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

O no not another excuse for me to play MTW again............

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
    That's supposed to be Gondolin, I think. Minas Tirith was not built yet.
    actually there where minas tirith then (sauron conquered it)
    EDIT: sry that i has to post this long dead topic, but I'm lotr geek

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    EDIT: sry that i has to post this long dead topic, but I'm lotr geek
    Obviously….

….BTW, have a look at the General Rules, Minor Offenses, Gravedigging entry….

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=89715#general

While I am here, I might as well add to the obituary of Silmarillion: Total War. I think it is a real shame this project did not make it – I would have gladly tried it out if it had ever been released. The wonderful concept of middle earth would have been as excellent setting as any other. I think it was a healthy break from the usual misguided history-centrism-craze that follows every TW-game around. I never understood that notion or why it had to be that way - it is hardly warranted - as the conventional concept of “History” and “historical-accuracy” has a life-expectancy of about 20 minutes in any Total War-game.

-----------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

I am re-opening this thread. Now folks, please stay off any further geek-posting or otherwise
    redundant remarks here. At least try to be constructive and relevant here from now on... Or I
    will just close down this thread again. That said...

Thread opened...
    Last edited by Axalon; November 11, 2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Opening thread...

Does any developer still own the mod files? Possibly if they were available, we could finish it and release it someday, since to make modification in Medieval I: Total War is not something difficult. Apparently a lot was done, both in units, faction symbols and city models, I think what's missing is only campaign map...
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links