Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: 300' Warlords of Sparta.

Default Re: 300' Warlords of Sparta.

epic ^^

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Couple of new guys, Spartan Helots and Peltastes...Not sure whether to make the Helots a peltast unit and Peltastes into a ''throws spear before charge'' type unit...Hmm.

looks good keep it up

I thought I might as well announce it, see if anyone was interested in playing it?.
    lol as if someone wouldn't play this mod when it comes out
    Don't underestimate the 300 fanboys who are interested in playing your mod.

During puberty, as is customary in the internets, the boy was taken from his family and plunged into a world of violence, manufactured by 5 years of internet society to create the most pitiful fanboys the world has ever known. The TWCenter, as it's called, forces the boy to debate, starves him, forces him to write spam... and if necessary, to annoy the modders with irritating question of release date.

Holy **** Halie, those are amazing looking. The shields are especially nice. That hoplite shield is probably my favourite one I've seen for a while.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Blog Entries

Nergal1610...Hehe..

RM#3.. The one on the right, or the scorpion one...

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

This project looks promising, but I was wondering what some of the finer feauteres would be? What I mean is things such as scripts certain things like EB and RTR's city mod where cities can't grow to huge unless they are important (mods without this bug me), etc. Also, will you make it optional or include skins that make the immortals, beserkers, and archers look more realistic instead of Japanese-esque warriors or brutal ogres from LOTR.
    Last edited by icydawgfish; February 23, 2008 at 11:41 AM.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Oops, I thought there was Helots and Hoplites. I meant the scorpion, its very good and realistic looking.

Blog Entries

This project looks promising, but I was wondering what some of the finer feauteres would be? What I mean is things such as scripts certain things like EB and RTR's city mod where cities can't grow to huge unless they are important (mods without this bug me), etc.
    Well firstly I know bugger all about scripting and there isn't really a team, saying that I hope to get the mod to a point where it will be enticing enough to rope in someone who knows how to script..

Anyway, The restricted growth sounds interesting.

Other things I hope to get included, 4 turns per year, and the opening move to be the battle of thermopylae, obviously I don't want to give up all the details but I have a few ideas on how to make it interesting.

Also, will you make it optional or include skins that make the immortals, beserkers, and archers look more realistic instead of Japanese-esque warriors or brutal ogres from LOTR. Or
    Possibly, I guess, though then I may as well include accurate Spartans and the other Greek units, and I happen to know there's at least one other Spartan mod in production (not been announced yet) .. Which I believe is aiming for accuracy..

Oops, I thought there was Helots and Hoplites. I meant the scorpion, its very good and realistic looking.
    A'yup, I like that one to, though tbh I prefer the Helot shield because I made it from scratch..

Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 23, 2008 at 08:30 AM.

That is very impressive, very nice shield boss. It looks a lot better at a higher resolution and different view than the UI card.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

*In a commanding voice* "All bowdown to the illustrious Halie Satanus, king of texture making."

Great job Halie, this looks awesome. +rep for the lovely mod Idea.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Blog Entries

very nice shield boss.
    Cheers, but you don't have to call me boss..

king of texture making.
    Umm .. ok ..

It's sig time I guess, If anyone wants them, quote this msg and copy the link..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Cheers, but you don't have to call me boss..
    Too sly.............boss.

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Thank you so much for working on this cannot wait til' summer (hopefully sooner). You are the man....boss!:sparta:

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Possibly, I guess, though then I may as well include accurate Spartans and the other Greek units, and I happen to know there's at least one other Spartan mod in production (not been announced yet) .. Which I believe is aiming for accuracy..
    Halie's improving. He did not mention the name of the mod this time

Can't say the same for the jokes though...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

Halie's improving. He did not mention the name of the mod this time
    They didn't say...Hmm, wonder why.

Can't say the same for the jokes though...

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Best of luck with your mod.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Blog Entries

Boo Hiss Boo...

He's behind you...

Ephilaties, Persian spy...

Looks Good HS! I really like that Spartan peltast/hypaspist unit with the scorpion shield. Very nice feel and look.

Just my two cents - you could still do an immortal that would take on more of a persian feel and stay true to the Miller feel, as opposed to the Ninja Turtles that were in the movie.

Just a verbal sketch - but maybe use that rust colored garb you had for the standard bearer, throw some patterns on it (Or use the pattern from the old movie "300 Spartans) and give them a cataphract face mask - but of a persian style

Like;
    http://www.persepolis3d.com/data_gat...nations_16.htm

Do the face mask all gold, and extend the beard down like a neck guard, with empty eye sockets and then give them a big wicker shield.

Just throwing ideas around though - anything is better than the Ninja Turtles

Blog Entries

If I get some free time one day I'll probably knock up some alternative units that can replace the 300' style ones, something a bit more historical in design, if I get time. I will release it with the ''Ninja turtles'' though.