Thread: Senatvs Povlvsqve Romanvs (SPQR AAR)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Senatvs Povlvsqve Romanvs (SPQR AAR)

Ave all,

After long seeing no SPQR AAR, i have decided to make one myself.
    I'm writing for a while now and am up to 23 pages (= + screens)
    here you can find the first chapter.
    English is not my first language so i hope it's good, please react and give comment, i can only improve the AAR.

Greetings Valerius Tiberius.

This is an SPQR AAR, below you can see the first 2 chapters.
    This AAR is dedicated to, in the first place, Galerius Priscus, the most Nobel man and best friend one ever could imagine.
    In the second place to LT1956, creator of this mod and the man who made this all possible.
    Settings: - faction: Roma
    - difficulty: m/m
    - Unit settings: Large (due to possible lag)

Postscriptum: In the AAR are not every u’s replaced by v’s because of irritation of the reader.

Please do not change anything in the following AAR.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs

The year is 215BC, Rome is in a time of trouble and Hannibal Barkas has just defeated the Roman legions at Cannae.
    Gauls are pushing from the North after the losses Roma sustained when Hannibal arrived from the Alps.
    The Senatus has assembled all its greatest generals and ordered them to destroy Hannibal’s army and secure the North against the Gauls.
    But none dared to protect Roma against this enemy who proclaimed never been beaten. One man, Flavius Iulius, stood and said that he and his family would take this task upon them and free Roma of her enemies. The Senators and other patrician families see this as suicide. But that day Flavius walked out the curia knowing that if he succeeds to free the Res Publica that he will gain more fame then any Roman ever did and that his name will be remembered for eternity!

Caput I: A new foe arises

Martius, the month of the God of war, had begun. Flavius would give his life to save the Res Publica. The Senatus had given him full control over the Imperium. Except over Latium. Latium still lived on his own, he had nothing to say about it. In Latium, the Senators still ruled, the Consuls are L. Postumius Albinus (third time) and Ti. Sempronius Gracchus (first time). Flavius and his were now as a faction on themselves, the faction Iulii, who ruled from Liguria to Sicilia Romanus. The thought made him smile. It was like having the title of “Dictator”. The other patrician family’s stayed in Latium, with all the legions of SPQR. But Flavius knew that Hannibal was to weak to lay siege to Roma herself. Too weak to take Roma herself, but too strong for any living Roman’s army. But that would change soon…
    The Senatus granted him three legions, and two fleets, existing of two biremes each. They also permitted him 5.000 dinarii and the faith of Roma Aeterna.

Flavius gave a legion to each of his two sons. Quintus had to defeat Hannibal’s army and Vibius would take care of the Barbarian Gauls in the North. They both marched out, leaving behind a son to carry on their name. Lucius Iulius, the first born son and heir to the title of “Pater familias”, stayed in Ariminium.
    Quintus marched out that same month, he marched to Calabria. A region that rebelled under the control of Carthage.
    While Vibius marched to Liguria, a region that bordered to the Gauls.

(ps: anyone can explain how do add this in a WORD-file??? the upload thing won't accept .doc )
    Last edited by Valerius Tiberius; February 02, 2008 at 06:00 AM.
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community