Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vin Diesel as Hannibal?

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Default Hannibal the Conqueror (2008)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_%282006_film%29
    Well, what do you guys think? Do you think it will be a good movie, (both action wise and historically accurate). I think it is interesting that Diesel is doing the script in Greek and Latin, I think it will add a nice feel to the movie. I'm looking forward to this one.
    for-profit death machine.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Re: Hannibal

idk... diesel i think isnt that great of an actor.... i think this summer one of his movies was released on dvd and i NEVER heard of it.... plus idk i think his head is shaped to much like an egg

ill see it anyway since its something that deals with a time period i love

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

On one hand, I don't care how bad it is, it's Hannibal! OMG! 1337

On the other hand, they couldn't ever really do the master justice in a film. Hannibal's essence is too pure and dense to be captured in media form.
    Last edited by Zuwxiv; July 10, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

I wonder if they'll have the scene where Maharbal tells Hannibal "You know, Hannibal how to gain a victory; you do not know how to use it," and if Vin Diesel will beat up this man to no beyond to add his own 'twist'.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

nobody can represent hannibal.... thats the problem!

the only way to make this a great movie is to reincarnate him to just act in this film!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Well...if he's planning on doing it in Greek, Latin and Punic, that is a very good sign. I get the feeling that our Mr. Diesel may be some what of an ancient history fiend himself maybe. Can't be bad for accuracy. Still. I'm skeptical. He hasnt been particuarly good in any film. Wasnt bad in Private Ryan actually, but that was only a minor role.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

yea got killed because he was takin/saving a little girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost
    Well...if he's planning on doing it in Greek, Latin and Punic, that is a very good sign. I get the feeling that our Mr. Diesel may be some what of an ancient history fiend himself maybe. Can't be bad for accuracy. Still. I'm skeptical. He hasnt been particuarly good in any film. Wasnt bad in Private Ryan actually, but that was only a minor role.
    Well maybe because you havent seen his movies.In all his movies he does a great job playing his roles being action (fast furious)or drama(a man apart)he is a good actor,and the fact that he is producing this movie shows that he's got balls,cuz if the movie doesnt sell he prop will be ruined.But I m opptimist just because it is him

Tecumseh's Avatar Watching, Waiting

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion that Vin Diesel isn't his real name...

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

If you rearrange the letters in his name, you get "I end lives".

http://4q.cc/index.php?pid=fact&person=vin

Keep refreshing.

Or here: http://mechgogo.livejournal.com/75497.html?mode=reply

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Tecumseh's Avatar Watching, Waiting

Did you know, "All of Vin Diesel's genes are dominant."
    and, "Istanbul was Constantinople, but before that it was Vin Diesel."
    and, "In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Vin Diesel could use to kill you, including the room itself."
    and, "Vin Diesel is the only person in the world who can actually give 110%."

Ghoulem's Avatar Biarchus

Please don't Chuck Norrisify him.
    Muhaha

Just because you dont like him doesnt mean that he's not going to make a good movie,since he ll not act macho in this movie you wont complain about that.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121

the only way to make this a great movie is to reincarnate him to just act in this film!!
    Bad idea.. He would just go to the nearest zoo and hijack all the Elephants -> TO ROMA!!! oh and if he does... please kill Totti and De Rossi... oh bugger, the whole Azzuri team.

I wonder if they'll have the scene where Maharbal tells Hannibal "You know, Hannibal how to gain a victory; you do not know how to use it," and if Vin Diesel will beat up this man to no beyond to add his own 'twist'.

Rep for you, good sir.

On one hand, I don't care how bad it is, it's Hannibal! OMG! 1337
    Precisley

Liam Neeson might have been able to do it, but he's a tad too old. Same with Jeremy Irons.
    Too bad we've allready seen Russel Crowe, his character "Maximus" would have made for a good Hannibal.

I think it is interesting that Diesel is doing the script in Greek and Latin, I think it will add a nice feel to the movie.
    I disagree, it takes too much time to read the translations, you sort of miss what's going on in the scene. Plus, I doubt he could actualy pronounce those words correctly. He'd change them with a head butt to the Latin Dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiponja_Hayabusa
    Well maybe because you havent seen his movies.In all his movies he does a great job playing his roles being action (fast furious)or drama(a man apart)he is a good actor,and the fact that he is producing this movie shows that he's got balls,cuz if the movie doesnt sell he prop will be ruined.But I m opptimist just because it is him
    In all his movies except Ryan he plays a variation on his tough guy persona. Hence excuse if I'm not utterly impressed by what he's shown so far.

Icon3 Hannibal the Conqueror(2008)

http://www.hannibaltheconqueror.net/

New movie about Hannibal Barca comming next year, take a look and search for information on www.yahoo.com

yahoo video's information
    Based Upon: This movie is based upon the life of the Carthaginian general, Hannibal Barca, who in the third century B.C. (218 B.C., specifically) famously led an army of elephants through the Alps in an attempt to attack Rome. More specifically, this movie is being adapted from the novel, "Hannibal," by Ross Leckie about Hannibal.

and go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_the_Conqueror for more information.
    finaly, a real historical movie !!!
    thank you !
    Last edited by Simon total war; April 17, 2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Please give me reputation points thank you

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Hannibal the Conqueror(2008)

Great looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks interesting , hopefully not like the last docudrama when they fought x10 Romans vs x15 Cartages and 2 elephants

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

moved to arts forum
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast